Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Justin Falk. 1 year, 2 way

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I thought Falk played well. Physical, made smart plays with the puck and just worried about taking care of his own end.

Looked better than Boro lol

Agreed. Falk isn't fast enough to get out of position as quickly as Boro. Plus there's a difference in getting hit by a guy 6'1" and a guy 6'5".

Reactions: Cosmix and DJB

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought Ottawa won the physical battle tonight especially for a segment in the third period where they made all the hard hits. When was the last time you heard that about an Ottawa team winning the physical battles? Falk played a role in that tonight & Anderson has been playing great this yr for the most part.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Looks like Wideman is a healthy scratch for another game. Senators could have kept him for insurance but Faulk being a big guy could be the look they are going for. Lajoie it looks like has taken a step back. Maybe time to figure out what to do with him the rest of the season.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Looks like Wideman is a healthy scratch for another game. Senators could have kept him for insurance but Faulk being a big guy could be the look they are going for. Lajoie it looks like has taken a step back. Maybe time to figure out what to do with him the rest of the season.

Why is Lajoie out though? I haven't seen anything so i wonder if something has been nagging which might also help explain his recent play

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Big guys are good to have against those heavy Western teams.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Falk was the guy who called out Evander Kane during practice last year, calling him selfish. Adds to their little penalty box conversation...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Why is Lajoie out though? I haven't seen anything so i wonder if something has been nagging which might also help explain his recent play

Something happened against the Rangers, I believe it was hand-related. He left that game but did come back.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Falk was the guy who called out Evander Kane during practice last year, calling him selfish. Adds to their little penalty box conversation...
Really, Kind of a bold move for an AHL defenseman.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Credit where credit's due - Falk looked convincingly un-terrible today.

I mean, we have a decade's worth of evidence that suggests he's not very good over long stretches... but we're undefeated with Falk in the lineup, so I'm just going to enjoy all of the good games he's willing to give us at this point.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hopefully Harpur has started to realise he can play in this league and continues his decent play,we really could use his size and decent puck skills in our blueline

Reactions: Icelevel

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Really, Kind of a bold move for an AHL defenseman.

Meh, if he's selfish than good on him for calling him out.

Its not who says something that matters. It's what was said that matters. It's whether what was said was true or not. Not whether it was person A or person B. That doesn't matter at all.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hopefully Harpur has started to realise he can play in this league and continues his decent play,we really could use his size and decent puck skills in our blueline
Would be an amazing addition if he can keep it up and even progress a bit. Just keep it simple.
I had kind of written him off but he’s played well enough to suck me back in. I don’t not like him yet :)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Would be an amazing addition if he can keep it up and even progress a bit. Just keep it simple.
I had kind of written him off but he’s played well enough to suck me back in. I don’t not like him yet :)
Yeah he used that huge reach and frame quite well ,agree with you less is more for him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad