Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Justin Falk. 1 year, 2 way

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I see other teams’ defensemen cross check our players in front of their net and the refs let them do it. I want to see our big D do the same in front of our net. I have not seen much of that from Senator’s D men. They are too soft on opposing forwards.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I see other teams’ defensemen cross check our players in front of their net and the refs let them do it. I want to see our big D do the same in front of our net. I have not seen much of that from Senator’s D men. They are too soft on opposing forwards.
That is very correct

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I’ve been happy with his 6 games so far with Ottawa. For a bottom pairing D, he is decent at defending and makes the safe play, and can do it without taking bad penalties. I prefer him to Boro so far, I’m curious to see if he can earn himself a one way contract next year with Ottawa.

Reactions: Icelevel

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I’ve been happy with his 6 games so far with Ottawa. For a bottom pairing D, he is decent at defending and makes the safe play, and can do it without taking bad penalties. I prefer him to Boro so far, I’m curious to see if he can earn himself a one way contract next year with Ottawa.

Agree, he looks okay for a 3rd pairing dman thus far, especially considering the fact he joined mid-way through the season. Definitely prefer him over Boro.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Knows his role & plays within it, good defensively, next to zero offence in his game. Like his toughness & Ottawa needs a tough guy who is not afraid to go on defence at all times. They play tougher when he is on the ice.

Reactions: Icelevel and h2

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could be a decent partner for Wolanin (at either level)
Both are lefties . Jaros would be a good partner for Wolanin at the NHL level. The AHL is less critical.. Wolanin skates so well for the AHL he can play either side.. But Burgdoerfer and Elliott are 2 good RDs at that level.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Both are lefties . Jaros would be a good partner for Wolanin at the NHL level. The AHL is less critical.. Wolanin skates so well for the AHL he can play either side.. But Burgdoerfer and Elliott are 2 good RDs at that level.

Wolanin can play RD as well (or maybe only did in the AHL out of necessity).

In this enterily made up scenario Jaros is with Chabot, Demelo is with Lajoie and Ceci has been fired into the sun.

You're not wrong though, Jaros and Wolanin could be fantastic if Jaros isn't forced into top-four duty.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’ve given up trying to predict bottom pairing defencemen.

Meszaros is looking pretty good....oh.

Wiercioch is looking pretty good....oh.

Gryba is looking pretty good....oh.

Claesson is looking pretty good...oh.

Wolanin is looking pretty good....oh. Well, he still has a shot.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Very solid for what he is
Wish he would send a Gryba from time to time to keep the opponents honest in our Dzone

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I’ve given up trying to predict bottom pairing defencemen.

Meszaros is looking pretty good....oh.

Wiercioch is looking pretty good....oh.

Gryba is looking pretty good....oh.

Claesson is looking pretty good...oh.

Wolanin is looking pretty good....oh. Well, he still has a shot.

I think Wolanin will be one of those guys that we will ask why he wasn't up sooner. Its about defending I get that , and I am not going to say he'd have a Chabot like trajectory or impact , but similar in a way imo, that he needs the opportunity and he needs his game adjusting to NHL speed and NHL players. His skating and puck handling is really good. He will need to grow through mistakes and make adjustments but I think he needs a chance. The make up of the Ottawa D on the left side , with Chabot and Lajoie holding down spots makes it harder to fit Wolanin in just because of the lack of size and physicality already there. I think it would be a shame to trade him or lose him.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Reminds me a bit of Carkner. Meat and potatoes, knows his limitations and stays within them.

He plays the way Boro should be playing.

Instead Boro thinks hes Karlsson trying to handle the puck or he skates like a missile half way across the ice to make a hit taking him completely out of the play.

That or his skate blade falls off..

Reactions: slamigo

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
I like him a lot as a depth defenseman. Plays a simple game and seems to have the character that this management group loves

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could be all just clicking for him right now. Still a pretty small sample size. Seems like a steady guy though and he can replace Boro. Shows you that Boro is a marginal NHLer. Like to see more of Elliott as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Could be all just clicking for him right now. Still a pretty small sample size. Seems like a steady guy though and he can replace Boro. Shows you that Boro is a marginal NHLer. Like to see more of Elliott as well.
With both him and Harpur in the mix, I thing this deadline might be the one to try and move Boro

Reactions: Upgrayedd

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He plays the way Boro should be playing.

Instead Boro thinks hes Karlsson trying to handle the puck or he skates like a missile half way across the ice to make a hit taking him completely out of the play.

That or his skate blade falls off..

my biggest concern with the team right now is the news that Boro is almost ready to return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad