GDT: Sens @ Panthers | Sunday 6PM EDT | SNET-E, TVA-Sports

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
OK, I understand when Kassian playing against Toronto and Boston. But why he is on the ice over JOB against Florida and Buffalo is beyond me.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's our defense. It's not the forwards.

They get hemmed in with the lack of ability to move it out properly from one side of the neutral zone to the other.

Then when we are in the offensive zone they get their shots blocked.

On the PP they generate nothing and pass down-low to the forwards who have no real option.

We were so successful before with Wiercioch getting the puck on net and Gonchar moving the transition game as well as Benoit-Phillips passing around on the second unit.

Also, Turris, loooooooooooooool. This guy is killing me, wtf is he doing.

We will bounce back, as long as the D improves which they will.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think this is the only thing that makes me angry. I understand that you have to stay positive and try to prevent the downward spiral that results from negativity that makes you play even worse, but this team has been listless for a while, and there are a bunch of players that have been pretty bad for quite some time.

The only cure for that is practice not a day off to have fun and goof off.

I think in a few guy's cases, it would be great to take a day off to golf. Turris in particular and the older vets who just look gassed.

We win 7 of 8, Maclean for Adams. Lose 4 straight, worst coach in the league.

We are a fickle bunch, aren't we?

I'll admit, I've been really critical of Paul over the last two games. I'm really quick to point out any errors I perceive from my couch (its a really comfortable couch btw). But I'm not trying to imply that he's a bad coach. I love the guy and would endorse a 5 year extension right meow. He's a great coach making bad decisions right now. He's still in "teacher mode". He wants to give guys like Turris the benefit of the doubt and let them grow but he needs to also find a balance of competitiveness and player growth in these late stages of the NHL season.

In many ways he's still learning too.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
When is Michalek back? Can't handle Lats lumbering around out there. He is just to slow for the speed of the NHL game and is a liability on 175 feet of the ice.

Give Turris a winger that can actually skate half way with him. Can't believe Turris gets dumped on and Lats has a teflon shield.

The overall lack of skill on the team is coming through now, that's the way it goes.

tylerr97

Apr 7, 2013
Kingston, ON
It's our defense. It's not the forwards.

They get hemmed in with the lack of ability to move it out properly from one side of the neutral zone to the other.

Then when we are in the offensive zone they get their shots blocked.

On the PP they generate nothing and pass down-low to the forwards who have no real option.

We were so successful before with Wiercioch getting the puck on net and Gonchar moving the transition game as well as Benoit-Phillips passing around on the second unit.

Also, Turris, loooooooooooooool. This guy is killing me, wtf is he doing.

We will bounce back, as long as the D improves which they will.
Our D is not horrible, its our forwards that have not been consistent! They need to score on a regular basis and they are not getting the job done...

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'll admit, I've been really critical of Paul over the last two games. I'm really quick to point out any errors I perceive from my couch (its a really comfortable couch btw). But I'm not trying to imply that he's a bad coach. I love the guy and would endorse a 5 year extension right meow. He's a great coach making bad decisions right now. He's still in "teacher mode". He wants to give guys like Turris the benefit of the doubt and let them grow but he needs to also find a balance of competitiveness and player growth in these late stages of the NHL season.

In many ways he's still learning too.

:handclap: Nicely put! I didn't read anyone calling him the "worst coach in the league," but he's made some really questionable choices in the last few games. He needs to turn it around like the team does. And let players other than the "top line" handle some of the crucial situations out there for a change.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
When is Michalek back? Can't handle Lats lumbering around out there. He is just to slow for the speed of the NHL game and is a liability on 175 feet of the ice.

Give Turris a winger that can actually skate half way with him. Can't believe Turris gets dumped on and Lats has a teflon shield.

The overall lack of skill on the team is coming through now, that's the way it goes.

At least Latendresse has made some beauty passes. Turris can't set-up or finish. I agree both have been very underwhelming.

Turris has been making me curse so ****ing much.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Our D is not horrible, its our forwards that have not been consistent! They need to score on a regular basis and they are not getting the job done...

It's hard to score when you spend first half of your shift trying to help the D get it out, then second half your playing with not enough jump.

It's also difficult to be the ones carrying the puck from neutral zone into opposition with no support from defense.

I expect things to be better, especially with Cowen's return.

Anyone who has played forward as a hockey player knows what I'm talking about.

Kulikov killed it tonight.

John Holmes*

What exactly do you think is going to happen if Stache starts using the Zibanejad line as the #1 and #1 PP unit?

They'll be the ones facing the top competition.

What kind of coach is going to put 3 rookies in that position?

Also someone thinks that Regin and Smith were good tonight?

:facepalm

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
What exactly do you think is going to happen if Stache starts using the Zibanejad line as the #1 and #1 PP unit?

Regin played like 6 minutes but he definitely looked better than say, Turris

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
At least Latendresse has made some beauty passes. Turris can't set-up or finish. I agree both have been very underwhelming.

Turris has been making me curse so ****ing much.

Lats beauty passes? Far and few between, he is an pylon, a boat anchor. He kept trying to toss the puck out front beside the net when it was sealed off and it went no where. Absolutely no creativity, limited north-west skating ability and no east-west movement.

Give Alfie and Turris someone that can play at their speed instead of them having to adjust to his sluggishnes. Sure Turris can be better, but Lats is not a top 4 player right now, and I don't know if a full training camp is going to give him enough speed.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa

Unfortunately they were the best PP line. Need Michalek to bring some balance back to the team.

John Holmes*

I'm not saying they aren't playing well, I'm trying to explain why Stache is doing what he's doing with them.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I like this.

Conacher-Zibby-Silfverberg
Latendresse-Da Costa-Alfie
Greening-Turris-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Neil

Replace JOB with Kassian and I'm behind this. Spread it out on the road. We can't get into a matchup game. You can only key on one of those lines. Pick your poison.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I'm not saying they aren't playing well, I'm trying to explain why Stache is doing what he's doing with them.

You have a good point.

The rookie line is better suited against 2nd/3rd Dpairings. They're young, still learning. Turris is more experience and better suiting against the other teams top pairings. Once he stops over thinking everything again I have no doubt he'll be fine.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Lats beauty passes? Far and few between, he is an pylon, a boat anchor. He kept trying to toss the puck out front beside the net when it was sealed off and it went no where. Absolutely no creativity, limited north-west skating ability and no east-west movement.

Give Alfie and Turris someone that can play at their speed instead of them having to adjust to his sluggishnes. Sure Turris can be better, but Lats is not a top 4 player right now, and I don't know if a full training camp is going to give him enough speed.

That's just flat out wrong. To suggest that Lats was the problem with that line tonight is laughable :shakehead

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
People are over-reacting. Turris' line with Alfredsson and Lats hasn't looked great. They are still miles better than Regin and looked it.

Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg is a magical line right now though. They create chances almost every time they're on the ice and the goal was a beauty.

Right now I think our team is just a bit lost. Hopefully they don't fall out of the playoffs, but if they do it's not time to act like the ship is sinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad