GDT: Sens @ Panthers | Sunday 6PM EDT | SNET-E, TVA-Sports

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Wow can't believe the sens lost to the worst team in the league. There needs to be a shakeup in the lineup for tuesday. I know so fans are not worried but I would be after tonight.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They don't have the same confidence and the slightest things seem to demotivate them.

We're getting shots but not a lot of quality scoring chances.

Our PP is a shambles.

I think our defensive play is adequate enough. Or offense is sputtering.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
The team hasnt been playing very :rolly: lately. Everyone minus the rook line needs to step it up.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
It's hard to score when you spend first half of your shift trying to help the D get it out, then second half your playing with not enough jump.

It's also difficult to be the ones carrying the puck from neutral zone into opposition with no support from defense.

I expect things to be better, especially with Cowen's return.

Anyone who has played forward as a hockey player knows what I'm talking about.

Kulikov killed it tonight.

You make some good points which explaln some of the reasons why the team isn't playing well.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Very embarrassing loss, that was a must-win game. Happy to see Conacher score but this game made me the exact opposite of :rolly:.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We have to remember, this is still half of an AHL team we're icing. The guys have been tremendous under the circumstances, but we all knew they couldn't keep this up forever.

Every game this season has been like a playoff game for these kids. Lots of grinding, close games, overtimes, shootouts. They battled for every point. The guys are getting worn down.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
It's our defense. It's not the forwards.

They get hemmed in with the lack of ability to move it out properly from one side of the neutral zone to the other.

Then when we are in the offensive zone they get their shots blocked.

On the PP they generate nothing and pass down-low to the forwards who have no real option.

We were so successful before with Wiercioch getting the puck on net and Gonchar moving the transition game as well as Benoit-Phillips passing around on the second unit.

Also, Turris, loooooooooooooool. This guy is killing me, wtf is he doing.

We will bounce back, as long as the D improves which they will.

All dynasties go through times like this. Don't worry.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Very embarrassing loss, that was a must-win game. Happy to see Conacher score but this game made me the exact opposite of :rolly:.

I'm feeling more like this tonight
hurly.gif

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Greening Smith Neil was a complete non-threat line. None of them can hit the target on a shot. Very disapointing game all round.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Supposedly worst game of the season is a 2-1 loss with 41 shots for and only 17 shots against.

Those are signs of a good team and lots of teams wish that was their worst loss.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Supposedly worst game of the season is a 2-1 loss with 41 shots for and only 17 shots against.

Those are signs of a good team and lots of teams wish that was their worst loss.

That's a good point but I'm pretty sure our worst was the first of these 4 losses, and to a team we don't much like.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
And the past two loses are due to losing special teams battles. I'm confident we can be much better in that department. We have generally been very good in those areas under this regime.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa

Year 2 of 3 in a rebuild, and we absolutely killed Florida. These things happen, no idea what you are complaining about. They were lucky to get two goals.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Year 2 of 3 in a rebuild, and we absolutely killed Florida. These things happen, no idea what you are complaining about. They were lucky to get two goals.

Just disappointed that we lost to the worst team in the East.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Just disappointed that we lost to the worst team in the East.

**** happens. There are at least 4-5 games we should have lost that we were victorious this year. Should have beat Florida, but you are naive to expect that outcome. Reason why the games are played and not predicted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad