GDT: Sens @ Panthers | Sunday 6PM EDT | SNET-E, TVA-Sports

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania
Potvin was bang on once again. We need to shoot more from the high slot. That's how we scored the majority of our goals on the road. Just look at that 5-3 win in Long Island a while ago, I think 4 shots from the high slot led to all 4 goals. Last game in Buffalo as well both goals came from high slot shots. That's a reason why our PP sucks too. I don't think Gonchar got a shot on goal today. We are getting away from the things that helped us win.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Nothing another day on the links won't cure right Mac?
I think this is the only thing that makes me angry. I understand that you have to stay positive and try to prevent the downward spiral that results from negativity that makes you play even worse, but this team has been listless for a while, and there are a bunch of players that have been pretty bad for quite some time.

The only cure for that is practice not a day off to have fun and goof off.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I would really like to know what Maclean has been thinking during this losing skid. He talks about playing the players that are good and benching the ones that aren't, and then tonight does the complete opposite of that. Turris looked lost tonight, I'm not sure what's wrong with him, but he got waaay too much ice time. Lats looked good at times, but the whole line was pretty bad. I have no clue why they were given so much ice time to not produce when the kid line looked great for the second game in a row!

P Mac, why aren't you playing the players that deserve it?

Because he is a terrible coach, obviously. Good goal tending is the only reason we are where we are, not his amazing line ups.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
Neil is absolute garbage. He is getting way too many minutes. To put him out there on the PP instead of Conacher or anyone else with a big body is asinine.

Neil is a waste on the powerplay.

He's not the only one forced into a role that doesn't fit. It's hard to watch though.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
They made Scott Clemmensen look like Patrick Roy. They had zero emotion or pushback AT ALL.

There are no positives from that. The coach relies on players who aren't performing, PP schemes that aren't working and continues to reward mediocrity. Why is Jim O'Brien scratched? Why is Turris playing 20 minutes a night?

The best players play. It's like Clouston all over again. Big words, with no back up.

Its true. Maclean has been the most disappointing.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Because he is a terrible coach, obviously. Good goal tending is the only reason we are where we are, not his amazing line ups.

I've been a big fan of his since he got here, but tonight I just don't know what's going on in his head.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Agree with Simmer for once, Maybe time to have Kassian sit for a game or two and put guys on the ice who can actually play.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'd also like to add that I'd like to have a real 4th line. Can we please let Kassian sit? Maybe Regin too, though he wasn't terrible tonight but O'Brien is so much more valuable than Kassian or Regin. Get him in there. Condra is wasted down there. Call up Stoner, Da Costa, Cowick, DD or Prince if you need to. Lets get 9-10 solid minutes out of that 4th line.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The wheels are falling off guys. Every forward looked bad except for Smith, Regin and the rookie line. Guess that's why those 5 played so much :sarcasm:. Time to change up the lines(except for the rookie line) and maybe draw in O'Brien instead of someone not named Regin(hunch hunch: Kassian). Change things up a little, get the energy going cause the team is looking hella tired. Oh and Turris got robbed lol.

sensrulz

Nov 12, 2009
Peeps have to realize that this team is basically the BSens plus some NHL'ers so the stellar goaltending is what got us here and without it we don't win. Injuries have now caught up to this team and hopefully we can at least make 8th but they sure suck right now. Andy has to stand on his head down the stretch and hope he shakes off the rust ASAP. Bad time to go into a slump to say the least but on the bright side they control their own destiny and if they can win 5 games in the next 10 we should be in.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Lots of shots, trying to be a little too fine and nerves are showing. Team is tight.

Turris is struggling mightily again - for him not to see Alfie wide open at the end of the second and a few times when there was free ice and he just didn't have the will/feel to go to it. That holding call on Gonch was BS, but that aside, Gonchar has really stopped producing offensively and the PP has tanked during that time. I don't know what is happening differently, other than we're struggling getting set at all, but he hasn't produced.

And quite simply other team's goalies have outplayed ours lately, and that's what happens. I think our goalies were under-appreciated and stole a lot of games for us and people were saying it was the coaching or the system or the D, but frankly I think it was straight up our goalie was better than their guy and that hasn't been the case and tonight Clemmenson stole a win for Florida.

We didn't look great, but we were the better team. The kid line and the Smith line both played well. Turris and Alfie had a few chances (Lats was useless- not impressed with him lately at all), but they are out of sync and maybe they need to be separated as Alfie is too valuable to get pulled into his center's slump.

I think the D was fine, Benoit and Phillips looked comfortable - thought Benoit played well. Anderson was average. I'm sure he wants both of those back, but they weren't softies. Not on him - other than he got outplayed by the guy at the other end.

I'm freaking out. But we got 40 shots and lost. The power play disappearing on the long road trip to end the season... that's going to make for a nail-biting finish.

I expect to see JOB in for Regin as he's been sitting for awhile and usually Mac doesn't let guys sit for long. Unless he mixes it up and tries Regin and Alfie together.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Why is it I can never be happy with a result after we play you guys... Either you beat us when it counts or we beat you when we're tanking! Argh.. Until next time, good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad