GDT: Sens @ Panthers | Sunday 6PM EDT | SNET-E, TVA-Sports

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
That's just flat out wrong. To suggest that Lats was the problem with that line tonight is laughable :shakehead

Thinking that Lats contributed in a positive way is laughable and flat out wrong. I don't get what the attraction is. He's slow, can't get back with the play, has next to no east-west mobility, and is not creative. Lovely seeing Alfie and Turris exit the offensive zone, get the puck back in the neutral zone then wait around for Turris to get back over the blueline.

Great hands don't help if you don't have the quickness or speed to get into position.

Fine if you want to critique Turris, ignoring the problem with Lats in the top 6 is not justified.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think that they need to move Smith back up to the top line with Alfredsson.

Greening - Smith - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Latendresse - Turris - Condra

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think that they need to move Smith back up to the top line with Alfredsson.

Greening - Smith - Alfredsson
Latendresse - Turris - Condra

Lol, no way. Smith has been horrid.

I do agree we need to switch up the lines. Bring Conacher with his gritty play and fast wheels to the top-line.

Conacher-Turris-Alfredsson
Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg

I think those would work out really well.

Of course I prefer the idea of:

Latendresse-DaCosta-Alfredsson better

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm a big fan of Da Costa, but I just don't think that him and MacLean mesh. There's some reason he hasn't gotten as much of a chance as others when he has looked fine playing up.

Also Turris and Smith have both been less than ideal, but when they switched it up last time it worked really well. I'd like to see them try it again.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Lol, no way. Smith has been horrid.

I do agree we need to switch up the lines. Bring Conacher with his gritty play and fast wheels to the top-line.

Conacher-Turris-Alfredsson
Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg

I think those would work out really well.

Of course I prefer the idea of:

Latendresse-DaCosta-Alfredsson better

Idk but Id keep that rookie line intact, I think there's some chemistry between turris and condra, plug in greening in tht line and thts not so bad. That leaves
latendresse-smith-alfredsson and kassian-regin-neil lol

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Fine if you want to critique Turris, ignoring the problem with Lats in the top 6 is not justified.

I don't accept that he's simply "not creative." I've seen enough in him simply by giving him a fair shake. Also the east-west knock doesn't really apply when we've been starved for north-south players, even now we spend most games playing along the perimeter. And this isn't the Western conference, and we don't score boatloads of goals off the rush even at the best of times.

I wasn't even responding to defend Lats, but your first comment sounded like Turris' bad game tonight was a product of having a bad linemate. Lats had a better game than Turris, and he didn't even look that good except by comparison.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Idk but Id keep that rookie line intact, I think there's some chemistry between turris and condra, plug in greening in tht line and thts not so bad. That leaves
latendresse-smith-alfredsson and kassian-regin-neil lol

Yis. Turris can make things happen with Condra and Greening it seems and Alfie can work with Smith and Lats imo. 3 line attack I say. That's the trend in the NHL right now and the direction of this team should be looking at now AND when our top players return.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Yis. Turris can make things happen with Condra and Greening it seems and Alfie can work with Smith and Lats imo. 3 line attack I say. That's the trend in the NHL right now and the direction of this team should be looking at now AND when our top players return.

Aw man, you just reminded me of Smith playing 1C a few weeks back and doing well. We should go back to that. I don't want to jump all over Turris but it's clear that he's far more effective as our 2C.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Aw man, you just reminded me of Smith playing 1C a few weeks back and doing well. We should go back to that. I don't want to jump all over Turris but it's clear that he's far more effective as our 2C.

I'm a broken record. Its just a better set up for this team on the road. I have no problem with Turris playing in the traditional #1 role at home but on the road, we need to switch things up to be successful. Smith frustrates me as much as anyone on this team but at least he can go out there head to head against the toughest competition and still play his simple game. Wins draws too which Turris is obviously really struggling with. Spezza effect.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm a broken record. Its just a better set up for this team on the road. I have no problem with Turris playing in the traditional #1 role at home but on the road, we need to switch things up to be successful. Smith frustrates me as much as anyone on this team but at least he can go out there head to head against the toughest competition and still play his simple game. Wins draws too which Turris is obviously really struggling with. Spezza effect.

That could actually be a great approach, give Smith the duties on the road. I was surprised how well he could gel with offensive linemates, too, and it's the perfect way to take some of the weight off Turret's shoulders. He's only 23, so playing as top line centre is asking a lot of the guy.

But whatever, as long as P Mac gives the kid line more PP time next game I won't harp about his decisions (much).

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
That could actually be a great approach, give Smith the duties on the road. I was surprised how well he could gel with offensive linemates, too, and it's the perfect way to take some of the weight off Turret's shoulders. He's only 23, so playing as top line centre is asking a lot of the guy.

But whatever, as long as P Mac gives the kid line more PP time next game I won't harp about his decisions (much).

The vast majority of top line centres were in that spot by age 23. it's unlikely that Turris will ever be effective as a top line guy.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
A minor shakeup is needed.

Regin - Smith - Alfredsson (great defensively and might surprise by putting up some points)

Conacher - Zibs - Silf (keep it rolling)

Latendresse - Turris - Condra (Condra's defensive responsibility lets Turris try to get his confidence back)

Greening - JOB - Neil (fantastic checking line)

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
A minor shakeup is needed.

Regin - Smith - Alfredsson (great defensively and might surprise by putting up some points)

Conacher - Zibs - Silf (keep it rolling)

Latendresse - Turris - Condra (Condra's defensive responsibility lets Turris try to get his confidence back)

Greening - JOB - Neil (fantastic checking line)

Holy ****, keep Regin away from the top line. That guy is a black hole. 27 games and only 3 points. The only surprise with this line is going to be how bad alfie looks playing with two 3rd liners.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Holy ****, keep Regin away from the top line. That guy is a black hole. 27 games and only 3 points. The only surprise with this line is going to be how bad alfie looks playing with two 3rd liners.

Bad timing for Hoffman's injury. There are other options though. Hopefully Michalek is ready to go soon.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
meh, you now your offense blows when a rookie line is your best line. dunno why turris is such a headcase. whenever he doesn't score a couple of games he seems to get somewhat emotional about it. no one wishes him bad here so why don't you just stop thinking about it and play...

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Gotta mix up the 3rd line somehow. Just not working. Smith tends to play better with the more offensively aware players. He just can't seem to get anything going with Greening and Neil. We won't win too many games with our #1 and #3 lines spinning their wheels like that.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
Did Turris not score like 3 goals in 3 games when he was placed on the second line and Smith on top? I recall that working out well for us

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The Sens are the ultimate trolls. We beat a ton of teams in the first half and defied all odds. Then, when people began expecting us to be good -- BAM, we start losing and making lottery teams gain no ground.

Trololol.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd take out Kassian against TB & move Smith to LW. I assume that there won't be any more Bingo callups since both teams are gearing up for the playoffs & both teams are getting back some injured players.

Greening - Turris - Alfredsson
Latendresse - Regin - Condra - the hard luck line
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Kassian

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
SPLIT UP TURRIS AND ALFIE. They might seem like they have chemistry but there is no finish there. Hopefully 9MM is back soon and we can go back to 9MM - Smith - Alfie. Put Turris with Lats and Condra or something so we can keep the Rookie line in tact.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I agree that a shake-up is in order, and I've got my flame-proof suit on:

Conacher-Smith-Alfie
Lats-Zibby-Silf
Greening-Turris-Neil
Kassian-JOB-Condra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad