OT: Sens Lounge XCX +1: NO POLITICS DAMNIT! edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Not sure I can trust a sport with out of bounds.
Technically hockey has out of bounds too...

I don't know, last night's game was kind of like watching a hockey game, just if you took the stickwork and hitting out.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
**** the Raptors. No Toronto team deserves to win anything.

I hope they lose
:wedgie:

I can't see the appeal of basketball. I really don't care if it is a Canadian team, it won't make it interesting.
What?

ESPN is basically unwatchable with all those horrible argument shows where these "reporters" like Skip Bayless take their wacky click-bait opinions and defend them on-air.
Shannon Sharp sounds like the black version of Dominic Hasek.

Yeah it’s so terribly scripted. It’s like high school debate where you get assigned a topic to defend whether you believe it or not.

I honestly hate sports shows and anything sports related that’s not watching the actual game. Like sports radio too and pregame shows and all that stuff.

I just want to watch the game and that’s it.
I love when Jalen Rose breaks down games.

Last edited by a moderator:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Amazon Prime is my go to when I'm in the mood for serious B grade movies. They have rights to that distributor that does all of those super cheesy late 70s/early 80s fantasy and scifi movies.

Any suggestions? I love that stuff.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Technically hockey has out of bounds too...

I don't know, last night's game was kind of like watching a hockey game, just if you took the stickwork and hitting out.
I find the NBA playoffs the funnest to watch. Blowout games aside, I find the back and forth with 2 evenly matched teams unrivalled.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
They also have The Grand Tour (Top Gear), which is a great show, even thought the car reviews are not what they once were
Yeah I've been watching that recently. They're hilarious. Just a bunch of cranky old British men now. If you want some good car review stuff, watch some Doug Demuro videos on YouTube.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah I've been watching that recently. They're hilarious. Just a bunch of cranky old British men now. If you want some good car review stuff, watch some Doug Demuro videos on YouTube.
He is interesting, but his ratings are really strange. But he is a good watch. Nothing beats the old Top Gear stuff, that was the best and will always be the best! I like carwow too.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Highly recommend After Life on Netflix with Ricky Gervais. Outstanding show.

And another one of his shows, Derek, is also excellent.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I've had good luck with Asus laptops.

The rog line seems reliable, and powerful enough for a portable video editing machine at a decent price.

I usually wait for sales tho

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
what brand? My wife's macbook pros went every 4 years right on cue.

We moved onto HP now.
My experience is the exact opposite. My Mac laptops were bulletproof (still use a 2007 MacBook every now and then) and my HPs would barely make it through the year.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
My experience is the exact opposite. My Mac laptops were bulletproof (still use a 2007 MacBook every now and then) and my HPs would barely make it through the year.

I have an 8 year old elitebook (resolve 810) for work... I have traveled with it all over the world, and it is still fine.

My wife is now using a HP Spectre - 2 years and going strong.

I have 3 broken macbooks pros here for ya. :nod:

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire

Ya my highs and lows weren't that crazy, but similar opinion. My MacBook is going on 5 years now still working pretty good and my HPs that I used to get before were basically toast after 3 years. Was definitely worth paying more for the Mac.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ya my highs and lows weren't that crazy, but similar opinion. My MacBook is going on 5 years now still working pretty good and my HPs that I used to get before were basically toast after 3 years. Was definitely worth paying more for the Mac.

No way your macbook is not slowing down now... no way. 5 years is the magic number for when they block you out of software upgrades.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
No way your macbook is not slowing down now... no way. 5 years is the magic number for when they block you out of software upgrades.
You can still upgrade the OS at your own discretion and upgrade hardware like add more RAM or storage whenever you want. They don't really function like iPads.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
My 2013 MBA still gets updated, it is 6 years of age already.

Last edited:
Reactions: branch

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Not from my experience. Maybe on the newer ones, but the last one she had the keyboard failed.
If it's 2015 or newer MB, 2016 or newer MBP, or 2017 or newer MBA, the keyboard has a faulty design and will be replaced by Apple for free if it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad