OT: Sens Lounge XCX +1: NO POLITICS DAMNIT! edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The Criterion service came about when Filmstruck went under. That was a joint effort from Warner Bros and Criterion.

When Time Warner started restructuring that was one of the things to go. Then Criterion spent the last number of months coming up with a standalone streaming service of their own collection, which is still rather extensive.

I own a bunch of Criterion films and I won't stop collecting, but now that they have Chromecast functionality I'll be signing up for their service.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Mars Inc., for example.

You know them for their chocolate bar but look up how many products they actually own. It's crazy.

Like this:

Food-Companies.png

Reactions: DrEasy

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm always amazed that so few know what Luxxotica is.

Think you have a choice in sunglasses or prescription glasses? Think again, some of what Luxxotica owns:
Oakley glasses
Ray Ban
Vogue eyewear
Peoples
Sunglass Hut
LensCrafters
Pearle Vision
Sears optical
Target optical

And makes the glasses for
Armani
Brooks Bros
Burbery
Chanel
Tiffany
Ralph Lauren
Prada
and many others that aren't coming to mind.

Oakleys avoided being bought out by them for quite a while, but with Luxxotica refusing to stock any brands in Sunglass Hut and their other retailers that aren't owned by them, they eventually caved as they couldn't compete (and that's why the majority of Oakleys are now made in China and not USA).

Ever wonder why Maui Jim isn't available at any major glasses stores?

As someone who hasn't worn sunglasses since I was about 16, this post is very foreign for me.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
As someone who hasn't worn sunglasses since I was about 16, this post is very foreign for me.
I have a friend that doesn't wear sunglasses. Whenever we go to a cottage or outdoor event he spends the entire time squinting. He tried on a pair of one of our glasses and was like "Oh!! This is what they do!"

He went out the next week, and got a nice pair of Ray Ban prescription sunglasses for free on his work benefits. I honestly have no idea how people don't wear them,

Reactions: coladin

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
If you're ever on a Caribbean trip, make sure to bring polarized sunglasses, the ability to see the coral reefs is so pronounced compared to normal glasses, doing an A/B swap between polarized and non-polarized glasses when looking into the ocean will blow your mind.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
If you're ever on a Caribbean trip, make sure to bring polarized sunglasses, the ability to see the coral reefs is so pronounced compared to normal glasses, doing an A/B swap between polarized and non-polarized glasses when looking into the ocean will blow your mind.
Yep...polarized or bust for me. I did the same thing and scored a pair of Ralph Lauren prescriptions of my work benefits haha.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I have a friend that doesn't wear sunglasses. Whenever we go to a cottage or outdoor event he spends the entire time squinting. He tried on a pair of one of our glasses and was like "Oh!! This is what they do!"

He went out the next week, and got a nice pair of Ray Ban prescription sunglasses for free on his work benefits. I honestly have no idea how people don't wear them,

Oh, I get it. I've also tried on other people's sunglasses and been impressed with the experience, but when I look at myself in the mirror with a pair on, I don't like the person looking back at me :dunno:

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Oh, I get it. I've also tried on other people's sunglasses and been impressed with the experience, but when I look at myself in the mirror with a pair on, I don't like the person looking back at me :dunno:

Try wearing them at night.

Anyways I like CraveTV but navigating their menu is a nightmare.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Probably the first basketball game I've watched in a long time. Seems like the flow of the game is changed for better.

I remember it being all about fast breaks and jams, and clogging up the lane and taking fouls at the end of the game so that the final few minutes seem to drag out for like half an hour.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
**** the Raptors. No Toronto team deserves to win anything.

I hope they lose

LOL.

It is pretty exciting here. I walked through union station last night around 745pm (coming back from MTL), and it was amazing to see all the happy fans heading into SBA. It is great for the city.

I am no b-ball fan, but have been watching for the first time the last few games.

It will be epic when they win.

TFC did it. Now the Raptors?

Next.... the Leafs ... lol

Marlies are not big here... in terms of excitement

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I can't see the appeal of basketball. I really don't care if it is a Canadian team, it won't make it interesting.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Skip Bayliss has all of Toronto raging, especially the Toronto media. I just find it rich that guys like Arthur and Cox do the exact same thing , especially to Ottawa, and when the shoe is on the other foot...babies

Reactions: 18Hossa

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Skip Bayliss has all of Toronto raging, especially the Toronto media. I just find it rich that guys like Arthur and Cox do the exact same thing , especially to Ottawa, and when the shoe is on the other foot...babies

Skip Bayless is a f***ing moron. He's the worst. Arthur, Cox and Mirtle are also complete idiots.

Reactions: coladin and 18Hossa

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
ESPN is basically unwatchable with all those horrible argument shows where these "reporters" like Skip Bayless take their wacky click-bait opinions and defend them on-air.

Yeah it’s so terribly scripted. It’s like high school debate where you get assigned a topic to defend whether you believe it or not.

I honestly hate sports shows and anything sports related that’s not watching the actual game. Like sports radio too and pregame shows and all that stuff.

I just want to watch the game and that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad