OT: Sens Lounge XCVIII: 1000-Post Rule is Back Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
My 7yr old loves Greta, but I figured he was too small to handle Bluesfest crowds, and judging by the pictures of the crowd for the Foo Fighters, I think I was right.

But damn he would have loved to see Greta.

I never heard Greta Van Fleet before. I fire up their greatest hits on Spotify and all I hear is a shameless rip off of Led Zeppelin. He copies Robert Plant so bad right down to his cadence. Led Zeppelin already came. They happened. Find another sound.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I never heard Greta Van Fleet before. I fire up their greatest hits on Spotify and all I hear is a shameless rip off of Led Zeppelin. He copies Robert Plant so bad right down to his cadence. Led Zeppelin already came. They happened. Find another sound.

Led Zeppelin is known for ripping off other people’s songs so it fits I guess. :laugh:

Reactions: coladin

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

I did basically the same thing, and thought as well that they sounded very heavily inspired by led zeppelin. Though some of their work was reminding me of another band that I couldn't quite place too.

Reactions: branch

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I did basically the same thing, and thought as well that they sounded very heavily inspired by led zeppelin. Though some of their work was reminding me of another band that I couldn't quite place too.

Wolfmother? Lol

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Wolfmother? Lol

I'd have to listen again but that might be it. Wolfmother kinda became a thing in a period where I really didn't like much of the "alt rock" coming out on radio, so I never really got into them.

I don't know, Greta Van Fleet is enjoyable but it's definitely more because of playing off nostalgia than anything. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just have to recognize for what it is.

Reactions: Daffy

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Wolf mother is sooooo bad. Sorry to be negative I just enjoy hating on bands.

Never said I liked them lol. I just remember a few of their songs and it reminded me a bit of Greta Van Fleet. Van Fleet definitely more talented though.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Woohoo! Yay for job security

Also, on baby updates. Her new favourite sound is to play with rolling her tongue around and going la la la la. Not sure if she's trying to speak or sing

Hopefully she's feeling better!!!

I'm seriously all over the map lately! Just moved to Cambridge, started work this week, and boy am I exhausted!!!

Little Miss is so freaking funny these days!! She's just all over the place and finally her two top teeth came in so she's way less cranky at night!! But no more night duty for me!!! I'm bringing home the bacon instead!!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Get a handle on what though? That's an outdoor concert for you. Security can't strip search everyone, they can't have eyes on everyone being a jerk, and they can't control what people ingest before they enter the grounds. "It" will never go away, the level of "it" will just vary depending on the crowd demographics (i.e. Blue Rodeo is likely to be more tame than the Migos show, which I accidentally wandered into last year after being at the war museum.. honest!)

True I guess, I think I grew out of that type of show.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

The Who. Initially, I felt that way too, but the more I listened , the more it sounded like influences rather than ripoffs. I find his voice is more Brian Johnson in certain sections. He has got a heck of a range.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'd have to listen again but that might be it. Wolfmother kinda became a thing in a period where I really didn't like much of the "alt rock" coming out on radio, so I never really got into them.

I don't know, Greta Van Fleet is enjoyable but it's definitely more because of playing off nostalgia than anything. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just have to recognize for what it is.

Right, classic rock played by young kids hits you right in the feels.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Hopefully she's feeling better!!!

I'm seriously all over the map lately! Just moved to Cambridge, started work this week, and boy am I exhausted!!!

Little Miss is so freaking funny these days!! She's just all over the place and finally her two top teeth came in so she's way less cranky at night!! But no more night duty for me!!! I'm bringing home the bacon instead!!

Moved to Cambridge, wait what?!
We need to grab a drink and have a baby playdate then!

Reactions: Here I Pageau Again

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The Who. Initially, I felt that way too, but the more I listened , the more it sounded like influences rather than ripoffs. I find his voice is more Brian Johnson in certain sections. He has got a heck of a range.

Don't see Brian Johnson at all.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah the Greta/Foo fighters show was awesome. Greta definitely has a Zeppelin vibe, but they are different in their own way. I don’t think they actually have an album out yet, only an EP or two, so they have immense potential.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Don't see Brian Johnson at all.
His high notes I find unlike Plant and more Johnson, to these ears anyway. Lots of compression and screechy. Reading a Rolling Stone article , they have caught the eye of rock royalty. I just love their musicality. They are very clever with the insertion of certain sounds , background sounds specifically that , to me, demonstrate a really high , music IQ

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
2018-07-16T100106Z_1_LYNXMPEE6F0VS-OUSSP_RTROPTP_3_SPORTS-US-SOCCER-WORLDCUP-FRANCE-ARRIVAL.JPG

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Now that's a party. Though from my experience being there, the smell would be awful if they haven't had rain recently

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Who is America? is insane. Very funny but terrifying. I have a feeling this is going to be the most culturally relevant TV show in the western world over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad