OT: Sens Lounge XCVIII: 1000-Post Rule is Back Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I'm no fan of insects, but I am sure that with an appropriate tent there isn't much danger. This company has done the tour in the past of course so I am sure they know how to prepare, and would be able to answer any questions you have before the trip.

I guess I was more concerned about you... haha

Reactions: saskriders

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I hope to do Kilimanjaro at some point too. There isn't time on this trip, but one of the optional excursions is a three day trek up Mount Cameroon.

Nice.

I looked into it and seems like a week long trip minimum. And about US$2000, which actually isn’t too bad.

I figure with airfare I could do the whole shebang for less than US$5000. Would be so cool. Hiking Fuji was one of the coolest experiences of my life and so I want to keep that ball rolling.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Nice.

I looked into it and seems like a week long trip minimum. And about US$2000, which actually isn’t too bad.

I figure with airfare I could do the whole shebang for less than US$5000. Would be so cool. Hiking Fuji was one of the coolest experiences of my life and so I want to keep that ball rolling.
Wow, you climbed Fuji? That is incredible, experience that not many get to talk about. Impressive

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
This past May, we were in southern France and my wife and I hiked to the top of Mont Ventoux. Good times.

Drove back to where we were staying and my 7yr old wanted to go.

Back in the car, and he and I hiked to the top.

Yup, I did Mont Ventoux twice in the same day. I had a blister the size of a toonie on the back of my foot.

Surprisingly, the 2nd time up was less tiring. Maybe I was a little more accustomed to the altitude?

Pro tip: if any of you decide to hike Mont Ventoux, do it in the morning because there's a guy who drives up to the summit each day and sets up a candy cart. Candy reward for climbing a mountain! He's gone by like 3:00pm though.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Nice.

Ssssick! Kudos.

How long did it take to get to the peak? Encountered any interesting wildlife?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
This past May, we were in southern France and my wife and I hiked to the top of Mont Ventoux. Good times.

Drove back to where we were staying and my 7yr old wanted to go.

Back in the car, and he and I hiked to the top.

Yup, I did Mont Ventoux twice in the same day. I had a blister the size of a toonie on the back of my foot.

Surprisingly, the 2nd time up was less tiring. Maybe I was a little more accustomed to the altitude?

Pro tip: if any of you decide to hike Mont Ventoux, do it in the morning because there's a guy who drives up to the summit each day and sets up a candy cart. Candy reward for climbing a mountain! He's gone by like 3:00pm though.
Mont Ventoux is famous for being a stage of the Tour de France.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Ssssick! Kudos.

How long did it take to get to the peak? Encountered any interesting wildlife?

I started at 8:00 pm and hit the peak at 4:15 am (sunrise was about 4:45 am).

I was going really slowly though. If you haul ass you could do it in 3-4 hours.

Should also note that I started climbing from the middle of the mountain, more or less. If you start at the base that’s a whole day affair.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Mont Ventoux is famous for being a stage of the Tour de France.
Yup, you can see the writing on the roads from the fans.

Loads of people ride their bikes up the mountain. I watched in awe as one dude was riding down the mountain so fast that he was passing cars and buses.

Such narrow and twisty roads too. I felt like I was watching an accident about to happen.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So if a public servant paid union dues by error for more than a year, the union is allowed to keep any money they were given if it's been more than a year.

What in the actual **** is this garbage?!?! New priority, get unrepresented.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
So if a public servant paid union dues by error for more than a year, the union is allowed to keep any money they were given if it's been more than a year.

What in the actual **** is this garbage?!?! New priority, get unrepresented.

This reminds me of the following story they talked about this morning on my way to work and listening to my regular classical program. “If it’s officially declared a treasure, it doesn’t matter who found it, the Crown keeps it”!

Mystery gold sovereign hoard found in piano declared to be treasure

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This reminds me of the following story they talked about this morning on my way to work and listening to my regular classical program. “If it’s officially declared a treasure, it doesn’t matter who found it, the Crown keeps it”!

Mystery gold sovereign hoard found in piano declared to be treasure

Big difference here being those affected individuals did nothing wrong, the government is too cheap to hire competent people to do pay so they slip through the cracks, they ask the Pay Centre to stop taking union dues, it takes years for them to actually get to it and once that's all done? The union laughs at you as you ask for your money back.

Just disgusting.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Big difference here being those affected individuals did nothing wrong, the government is too cheap to hire competent people to do pay so they slip through the cracks, they ask the Pay Centre to stop taking union dues, it takes years for them to actually get to it and once that's all done? The union laughs at you as you ask for your money back.

Just disgusting.
By all means, my story is definitely not the same as what you brought up. It just reminded me of it since I heard it just this morning.

I couldn’t agree more with you on your point.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Anyone know an easy way and cheap way to get a decent amount of daily potassium? Please dont say banana.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
There used to be a very useful link at the bottom of each page to see posts from ignored members. Where did it go?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anyone know an easy way and cheap way to get a decent amount of daily potassium? Please dont say banana.
White beans are one of the best sources.
PC Blue menu White kidney beans per cup
Potassium 500mg
Protein 16g
Fibre 11g
Carbs 36g (reduced by Fibre) .
I think you can get a can of Great Value (no salt added) White Kidney beans for 88 cents. Probably works out cheaper if you by them dry and soak them

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
White beans are one of the best sources.
PC Blue menu White kidney beans per cup
Potassium 500mg
Protein 16g
Fibre 11g
Carbs 36g (reduced by Fibre) .
I think you can get a can of Great Value (no salt added) White Kidney beans for 88 cents. Probably works out cheaper if you by them dry and soak them
Ill definitely have to delve into beans again. Used to eat them frequently. Tasty and filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad