OT: Sens Lounge XCVIII: 1000-Post Rule is Back Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ok it isn't just me!

Yeah we need it back, following certain threads is essentially impossible while logged on nowadays.

Because you have so many people blocked? I have never felt the need to do that, seems like it would be too disruptive

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So when I was asking for restaurant reccomendations, who was the person who suggested Amuse in Kanata?

Because whoever that was, you frigging knocked it out of the park with that reccomendation. Best restaurant in Kanata by a huge, huge margin.

Reactions: Bean Drown

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So when I was asking for restaurant reccomendations, who was the person who suggested Amuse in Kanata?

Because whoever that was, you frigging knocked it out of the park with that reccomendation. Best restaurant in Kanata by a huge, huge margin.

I'm intrigued...do tell

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm intrigued...do tell

Just an excellent restaurant from top to bottom.

Wife and I had 3 shared plates and one main (that we also shared). Started with a gratuity amuse-bouche of a glazed pork with sweet green salsa (?) over a rye bread. First shared plate was sobrasada with cranberry salsa and manchego, followed by roasted garlic potatoes in a lobster bisque with fresh parmasean and shallots, followed by grilled pears topped with feta, prosciutto and garlic aoli, and the main was a curry garlic rack of lamb served over pears with marsala potatoes.

Best meal I've had in Ottawa in a long time. Shocking that they are in South Kanata of all places, but I'm not complaining about that fact, it's a gift to have a restaurant that good buried that deep into the suburbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: coladin and DrEasy

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Very Bad Wizards Podcast
New episode now up! Is being a sports fan irrational? Does it lead to more suffering than happiness? We talk about a recent study that suggests the answer is "yes." But does the study really capture what it means to be a fan? More generally, does science have the tools to truly measure the costs and benefits of rooting for your favorite teams? Plus, should The Nation have apologized for that poem? And we introduce a dramatic new segment: "Guilty Confessions". Enjoy!

Link to Podcast
(Actual Picture they used, lol)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Just an excellent restaurant from top to bottom.

Wife and I had 3 shared plates and one main (that we also shared). Started with a gratuity amuse-bouche of a glazed pork with sweet green salsa (?) over a rye bread. First shared plate was sobrasada with cranberry salsa and manchego, followed by roasted garlic potatoes in a lobster bisque with fresh parmasean and shallots, followed by grilled pears topped with feta, prosciutto and garlic aoli, and the main was a curry garlic rack of lamb served over pears with marsala potatoes.

Best meal I've had in Ottawa in a long time. Shocking that they are in South Kanata of all places, but I'm not complaining about that fact, it's a gift to have a restaurant that good buried that deep into the suburbs.

Sounds delicious...Spanish fusion?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don't get the need for an ignore button. Isn't that what the scroll button on the mouse is for?

That's what I do :dunno:

In other news I finally watched the first episode of Sacha Baron Cohen's new Who Is America show... found it hard to make it the whole way through, man has he ever lost his edge. It was always the kind of humour that was supposed to make you feel a bit uncomfortable, but this time I honestly felt more uncomfortable for him than for his guests most of the time.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
New favourite sitcom I just binged on while on vacation, The Good Place

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Had someone raving about it on Facebook a while back. Binged the whole thing in a few days in a vain attempt to get into it, never did :laugh: Wasn't terrible, just felt way too forced

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think binging does bring a bit of a feeling of forced to it but that's the case with any sitcom. The plot though I feel like they're moving along without getting stale.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
How do I fight an infraction if I am not able to reply to the modbot?
One, ignoring mods is silly pants.

Two, don't be childish with the ignore feature. You might learn something or change an opinion by reading other people's messages.

Three, can you send the mods a private message?

Four, Melnyk suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Two, don't be childish with the ignore feature. You might learn something or change an opinion by reading other people's messages.

The ignore function allows me to get in a lot less trouble cause I lose my **** rather easily when I'm confronted by something I consider preposterous.

Mods are using a shared modbot account so I can't message the specific mod since I don't know who it was and I can't reply to the infraction I was handed.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

That's the one off Eagleson, right? In the white-ish mall? I was looking at it the other day for dinner before settling on Quitter's black bean burger instead (which, for the record, was somewhat underwhelming.)
Best new comedy since Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The execution of the entire first season is absolutely flawless. And it takes a special show to give me an appreciation of Blake Bortles, yet here we are.

Reactions: Caeldan

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
That's the one off Eagleson, right? In the white-ish mall? I was looking at it the other day for dinner before settling on Quitter's black bean burger instead (which, for the record, was somewhat underwhelming.)

Ya, it's just off Eagleson before Stonehaven. In with the Petro Canada. It really is fantastic, but it's in a bit of a strange spot. I first tried it out because I live in Bridlewood. It's rare you can find an awesome spot in the suburbs that you can actually walk to. The owner/chef is a local dude from Stittsville. He won some Food Network contest as well.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Ya, it's just off Eagleson before Stonehaven. In with the Petro Canada. It really is fantastic, but it's in a bit of a strange spot. I first tried it out because I live in Bridlewood. It's rare you can find an awesome spot in the suburbs that you can actually walk to. The owner/chef is a local dude from Stittsville. He won some Food Network contest as well.

It’s quite good - I ate there back when it first opened (and when I still lived in Ottawa, sigh). I’ll say that the starters were head and shoulders above the mains, at least on that one visit.

Rideau Restaurant is in that same strip mall. Exceptional Chinese food in my opinion.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The ignore function allows me to get in a lot less trouble cause I lose my **** rather easily when I'm confronted by something I consider preposterous.

Mods are using a shared modbot account so I can't message the specific mod since I don't know who it was and I can't reply to the infraction I was handed.

lol, I hear ya. I must have a good 50 people on ignore on FB alone after that playoff series where we beat the Habs a few years ago. The more I tell myself not to take the bait, the worse I get online. So hard not to take the bait.

Reactions: DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

I know this wasn't meant for me, but: I don't use the ignore button to avoid opinions I disagree with (Hi Coladin! Hi Aragorn! Hi JD1! all people I disagree with but that I enjoy reading). I just ignore people who attack or insult others (or who just try to get a rise out of people), and I report the occasional posts that get past my filter. I just want to have a friendly chat with fellow Sens fans. Those who are here to fight or insult, I have no time for them.

So... how can we petition for the link to ignored posts to come back? Now that would precisely be a way for me to learn something I might miss!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
lol, I hear ya. I must have a good 50 people on ignore on FB alone after that playoff series where we beat the Habs a few years ago. The more I tell myself not to take the bait, the worse I get online. So hard not to take the bait.

Ohhhh, I had even considered things like the main boards.

Also when DMST was posting about infractions I thought he was talking about parking! :oops::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad