OT: Sens Lounge LXXXIII | Support Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Am I the only person that finds the amount of trucks on the road ridiculous?

There is no way that that many people in the city need a truck regularly. I mean how often does one actually need to hall something or have something too big to fit in a normal car? Obviously there are exceptions (farmers for instance), but it can't be anywhere close the number of trucks there are on the road.

Trucks are cool and fun to drive. I have a boring 2001 sunfire and I'd trade it for a truck if I could even though Im not a farmer.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Apparenly, Dysons have a really bad tendency to break a lot. You're paying for a brand, not performance. I had a friend one call his new Dyson "The Beats By Dre of the vacuum world" - overpriced for what you are getting, you're basically just paying extra because they're cool right now.

I hear good things about Miele vacuums.

Also: this AMA was legendary.

My Dyson is sick. Not cordless though.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Trucks are cool and fun to drive. I have a boring 2001 sunfire and I'd trade it for a truck if I could even though Im not a farmer.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

I just don't understand why people would drive a vehicle that bad on gas when they don't need it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Bonk, what was that line about logic you quoted a while ago?

Sure learned a valuable lesson today related to that. :/

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Oh yeah?

I do like a good story, especially when it concerns crazy people...

It concerns a roommate, and I just realized that indeed, you cannot win in any argument using logic and common sense when confronted with a crazy person.

Sucks to be in a lose-lose situation.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
PlayStation Now is going to annhilate interweb caps for us Canadian gamers. :help:

I'm pissed that it's a streaming service and the games aren't available for download. I never owned a PS3 and there's a decent amount of games I want to play. It'll eat up my internet though. I may be wrong but I think downloading 1 or 2 games a month would be better than constant streaming.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about more Arrested Development, I didn't like most of season 4, but I loved the last few episodes.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
New Deus Ex trailer is out

SWEEEEEEEEET

It concerns a roommate, and I just realized that indeed, you cannot win in any argument using logic and common sense when confronted with a crazy person.

Sucks to be in a lose-lose situation.

This is such a copout

Obviously there are situations where nothing can be done but those usually involve actual crazy people, like crackheads and stuff. It's unbelievably high'n'mighty for someone to claim that the reason for a disagreement is "logic"...

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I just don't understand why people would drive a vehicle that bad on gas when they don't need it.

Construction and energy sectors are huge in Alberta, aren't they?

Besides, just because they don't necessarily need to haul heavy loads on a day to day basis doesn't mean they won't haul loads or tow things that just don't work well with cars.

Beyond that, trucks are ingrained in the Albertan identity. Fuel efficiency? Not so much.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I just use mobile view on my phone.
Downside is losing all thread prefixes.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
New Deus Ex trailer is out

SWEEEEEEEEET

This is such a copout

Obviously there are situations where nothing can be done but those usually involve actual crazy people, like crackheads and stuff. It's unbelievably high'n'mighty for someone to claim that the reason for a disagreement is "logic"...

The heck? Do you have inside knowledge of how the person I speak of works? What makes you say he/she isn't actually crazy? I'm always willing to hear someone out and admit my faults, but sometimes you just can't "win" when someone won't consider actual facts.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
My buddy and I had the absolute best fight last night. Link vs Shulk. Buzzer beater. He won, but man... it was super intense.

We were doing 3 stock. It came down to 1 life vs 1 life and we both had 131 % each. I tried to catch him off guard, but he predicted my attack and just barely smashed me off the screen. Bigger map, I might have lived... but I got a few lucky breaks.

Great life experience!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The heck? Do you have inside knowledge of how the person I speak of works? What makes you say he/she isn't actually crazy? I'm always willing to hear someone out and admit my faults, but sometimes you just can't "win" when someone won't consider actual facts.

I did say that there are situations where there's actual crazy people with whom you can't argue

I just think those kinds of people are very rare and, most of the time, are homeless bums

I wouldn't expect you to live with someone I'd actually label as crazy. Then again, you live in Montreal so it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad