OT: Sens Lounge LXXXIII | Support Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
As someone who grew up on over easy eggs, I fail to ever see the purpose of sunny sun up. I don't know why I would ever want that when I could just quickly flip that ***** over and have it be awesome.

For a while I was doing poached to avoid the need for cooking oil / grease. Now I just have 1 hard boiled egg in the morning.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
That's good in theory...but not in practice.

If you've been laid off and you have a family to support and bills, it's almost impossible to go to school full time and work. A lot of people simply can't 'educate' themselves out of a tight financial situation.

But yes, if a machine does the job better, obviously it makes sense to use a machine.

The real problem is globalization. That took most of the manufacturing jobs out of North America. At one time, that was almost a guaranteed job placement for people who (for one reason or another) couldn't get higher education. It wasn't high pay, but it was significantly better than minimum wage. Without the manufacturing sector, all that's left is retail and manual labor jobs at the bare minimum.

I agree globalization is an issue, and you could even push it back further and state that population is a problem. Humans can keep pushing out babies but they can't necessarily keep making jobs available for when they're of age.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Globallization is mostly awesome: more stuff for everyone at better prices

Of course it being mostly awesome means it's not all awesome but that's hardly a knock against it

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I ****ing hate commericals.

They happen at the worst possible moments.

This movie i was watching was literally 1 to 2 minutes from ending then all of a sudden, the movie cuts to another commercial.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

This movie i was watching was literally 1 to 2 minutes from ending then all of a sudden, the movie cuts to another commercial.

They do that on purpose. They put very few commercials at the start to catch your attention, and pile them on at the end.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Piratebay and netflix are your friends.

**** paying cable companies silly amounts of money to be bombarded with even more advertising. Its a damned racket and has been for decades.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So, I'm having leg surgery in a few hours here, but since it's day surgery and I'm going to be awake for all of it, I'm toying with the idea of documenting my surgery in photos and posting them to facebook. Kind of live-blogging my own surgery.

... does anyone see anything wrong with that? I think it's cool, but I am also often wrong about these sorts of things.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So, I'm having leg surgery in a few hours here, but since it's day surgery and I'm going to be awake for all of it, I'm toying with the idea of documenting my surgery in photos and posting them to facebook. Kind of live-blogging my own surgery.

... does anyone see anything wrong with that? I think it's cool, but I am also often wrong about these sorts of things.

lol, I can't even watch the nurse put a needle into my arm without going weak at the knees.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Just the thought of surgery makes me queasy. If I ever require surgery I will probably die of an anxiety attack before it can even happen.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Nothing wrong. I know I'd be interested if one of my Facebook friends did that. Plus, it'll probably take your mind off focusing on the surgery and put more focus on documenting it.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

imo it would be cool. Would definitely view if I had you on FB

Just the thought of surgery makes me queasy. If I ever require surgery I will probably die of an anxiety attack before it can even happen.
Had my wisdom teeth+two other teeth out two years ago, wasn't that bad.
And now I'm having jaw surgery on June 29th :laugh: You'd die

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton

Nah, I think it is alright as well, as long you share the good stuff with us.:nod:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It works. You watched the movie. If it really bothers you get Netflix.

I have Netflix, but how is netflix going to help when it doesn't have every movie on it.

In fact, It doesn't have the movie that i was watching on tv, so how exactly is Netflix going to help me at all?

I alson can't watch numerous movies on Netflix being that i do have a internet bandwidth cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad