OT: Sens Lounge LXXXIII | Support Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Pssssht, they wouldn't let me bring my phone into the OR. Something about "sanitation" and "liability".

Booooooooooo.....

I tried to keep the ingrown toenail I had removed. The doc wouldn't allow it for the same reason. It was brutal - definitely trophy-worthy. I had no idea such a mass would grow under my skin in such a small space.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Nah, I think it is alright as well, as long you share the good stuff with us.:nod:

Show us the good stuff, dammit.

In case anyone was curious - other than Harb who clearly is invested in this - here's what a medical bottle with human veins (specifically: my varicose veins) in it looks like:

canaiPq.jpg

These aren't all the veins that were burned away/ removed, just the few that my doctor said, and I quote "looked good enough to take home as a souvenir".

... thanks, doc?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
"Logic can never be used against people who don't value logic"

Effective defense strategy in an argument, or an infuriating character trait championed by both the ignorant as well as the insane?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
In case anyone was curious - other than Harb who clearly is invested in this - here's what a medical bottle with human veins (specifically: my varicose veins) in it looks like:

canaiPq.jpg

These aren't all the veins that were burned away/ removed, just the few that my doctor said, and I quote "looked good enough to take home as a souvenir".

... thanks, doc?

About to grab some Curry Chicken for the game from Fortune Hawaii. Thanks EAT24!

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Subcommander Adnan ‏@sens_adnan 12h12 hours ago
Oh God dying here. Look at what @Fffeisty sent hahahahahaha. @CallumFraser18 pic.twitter.com/uaTsBdxrwP
14 retweets 29 favorites
Reply Retweet14 Favorite29
More

haha this is amazing

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

canaiPq.jpg

... thanks, doc?

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Can anyone recommend any good audiobooks / graphic audio books? Subject doesn't really matter. I just like things to be interesting.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Darwin's Origin of Species audiobook :sarcasm:

Actually, Krakatoa read by Simon Winchester (the author) is pretty interesting. So is Map that Changed the World.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hopefully Will Arnett can take a break from whatever crappy pilot he's starring in when they film this season.

Hey Bojack Horseman's season had more laughs than the latest of Arrested Development.

IMO anyway

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Am I the only person that finds the amount of trucks on the road ridiculous?

There is no way that that many people in the city need a truck regularly. I mean how often does one actually need to hall something or have something too big to fit in a normal car? Obviously there are exceptions (farmers for instance), but it can't be anywhere close the number of trucks there are on the road.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
This Friday night is the new Marvel Daredevil series on Netflix... I'm kinda curious to see how it goes.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dyson cordless vacuums. Yay? Nay? Something else that's cheaper and better?

Apparenly, Dysons have a really bad tendency to break a lot. You're paying for a brand, not performance. I had a friend one call his new Dyson "The Beats By Dre of the vacuum world" - overpriced for what you are getting, you're basically just paying extra because they're cool right now.

I hear good things about Miele vacuums.

Also: this AMA was legendary.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Am I the only person that finds the amount of trucks on the road ridiculous?

There is no way that that many people in the city need a truck regularly. I mean how often does one actually need to hall something or have something too big to fit in a normal car? Obviously there are exceptions (farmers for instance), but it can't be anywhere close the number of trucks there are on the road.

Why you mad tho?

I remember this one commercial that was always playing on the Team1200 - guy asking his 'hillbilly' neighbor if he could borrow a lift for something he needed moved, and feeling so embarrassed that he had to stoop to the level of this redneck while wishing he could pay a premium price for 'professional' movers instead. A 'real' man pays someone else to do the mans work - doncha'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad