OT: Sens Lounge - Golf season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He is still allowed to use youtube just not make money from it.
He can actually still make money from it, just not through a partnership with the platform directly. There are lots of channels that use third party programs like Patreon, or seek direct partners through sponsorships or affiliate marketing. He can launch a merch store.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He can actually still make money from it, just not through a partnership with the platform directly. There are lots of channels that use third party programs like Patreon, or seek direct partners through sponsorships or affiliate marketing. He can launch a merch store.
and he probably does but setting precidence is the issue and once one does it they all will. This is how you erode freedom of speach, by forcing corporations to do it for you i.e. the government. Mark Zuckerberg confessed to it because of the biden laptop story. If Facebook didn't stop reporters from posting information about it the the governemnt could remove the Section 230 immunity which allows these type of social media platforms to not get sued for liable. Their whole existence depends on that clause.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
A feral cat has been using my back yard for a litter box for 3 years now.

beautiful creature. Black and brown. Very Majestic looking.

He/she has chased away the rabbits, is a great mouser and the bravest thing ever. Last week, I am sitting on my front porch, she was in the yard a few meters away, oblivious to me. For the most part, she uses the tree as her litter box.. Marks her territory by doing her business around the trunk.

Now, I have a plant box.. In it is compost and I used it to plant tomatoes.. It was a fools errand, as the compost decayed and the ground is 100% hard clay. So no root development. The cat has used it as its new litter box..

I removed the compost and skimmed any top soil off. Leaving clay and some earth, as I could not get every drop.

I went out just now, there was the cat.. doing his/her business.. staring right at me and did not move.. That cat must have the toughest claws, to dig that clay!!!! Wahh...

I tried pleading with her to go and do her business in the neighbor's yard, but she is not listening!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Getting this thread hijacked so often for the same nonsense is getting more than a little tiresome, honestly.
I thought this was open for all to post as they please. Take a break.

He/she has chased away the rabbits, is a great mouser and the bravest thing ever. Last week, I am sitting on my front porch, she was in the yard a few meters away, oblivious to me. For the most part, she uses the tree as her litter box.. Marks her territory by doing her business around the trunk.

Now, I have a plant box.. In it is compost and I used it to plant tomatoes.. It was a fools errand, as the compost decayed and the ground is 100% hard clay. So no root development. The cat has used it as its new litter box..

I removed the compost and skimmed any top soil off. Leaving clay and some earth, as I could not get every drop.

I went out just now, there was the cat.. doing his/her business.. staring right at me and did not move.. That cat must have the toughest claws, to dig that clay!!!! Wahh...

I tried pleading with her to go and do her business in the neighbor's yard, but she is not listening!
Who's the p***y now? lol

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
This post deserves a "Beato!", well done.

next up, the locrian mode and the modes of the harmonic minor, but maybe not in the rookie camp thread...
Yes, I guess I got carried away as I tend to do when the topic is music.

locrian - play over the vii chord. Melodic Harmonic minor - use the notes in the natural minor but raise the 7th note a half tone ;)

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, I guess I got carried away as I tend to do when the topic is music.

locrian - play over the vii chord. Melodic minor - use the notes in the natural minor but raise the 7th note a half tone ;)
It's all good, (though I said modes of the Harmonic minor, I was hoping to find out what to play the altered Dorion over - not gonna lie, I had to look that up)

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It's all good, (though I said modes of the Harmonic minor, I was hoping to find out what to play the altered Dorion over - not gonna lie, I had to look that up)
Ya, I made a typo. I meant Harmonic minor but for some reason typed Melodic minor. Brain fart. I'll fix my post.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What happens if this never goes to court? He should lose his job off of an accusation? This refers to anyone. Should you lose your job if someone accuses you of something?

Rich or not this sets a precedence that will have a trickle down effect.

Now the UK governemnt is asking for him to be removed. How convenient for a government to ask for someone critical of them to be banished. Just think how this would affect investigative journalists.

What is democracy if their is no presumption of innocence?

The allegations have been made, and an investigation has begun. Is it really a surprise that a private business has suspended financial support? Is it really a surprise that the public is upset? The #metoo movement has exposed a shit ton of creeps over the last few years and most folks are no longer surprised to hear the shitty news. You’re just bummed now because it’s one of your heroes.

Think about Formenton and the NHL as a close example that I don’t recall you up in arms about, angry that the poor lad wasn’t making millions in the NHL, perhaps it’s because he hasn’t come out against vaccinations or trans or whatever so he’s not as…. ‘Important’.

When allegations are levelled by several women, including a minor, you should expect companies to create distance immediately until things are sorted. It kind of looks like supporting the behaviour when you don’t. This kind of thing happens with sponsorships all the time.

It’s not new, it’s just a guy who’s opinions you like so you think it’s a travesty. Brand is still doing his comedy shows, still has his videos up, and can still spread his messages.

He’ll have a chance to face his accusers eventually.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He is still allowed to use youtube just not make money from it.

...so?

Last I checked, youtube wasn't the only way to get your message out or make money on this planet.

In fact, it would be amazing for society to remember all these social media platforms are nothing more than walking advertising and propaganda billboards, and should not be taken seriously.

Reactions: maclean

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I called the city last week. They said, catch it.

I didn't know how to answer. I wanted to say; If I could move that fast, I would go into crime.

Find a nice box. That'll get him (and it's probably a he for marking the tree every time on his usual route).

If you have a railing on your front porch, you can get special plant boxes that attach to it. Less likely to use it as a litter box if it's hanging above ground.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Embrace it! Check this out:

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Anyone else hear a pretty intense plane go overhead? House shook for a few seconds. Flyover for a REDBLACKS game? India maybe?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Anyone else hear a pretty intense plane go overhead? House shook for a few seconds. Flyover for a REDBLACKS game? India maybe?
1695376529595.png

Reactions: NyQuil

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Edit - After reading your posts, I see that I provided an explanation of modes that was unnecessary. My bad. I'll just leave it as there was a lot to type. LOL.

In certain types of music, breaking down the song and figuring out what mode to play over certain chords is very common. You'd do this so that you can play/improvise a solo for the song. Jazz, Bossa, etc. would be musical genres where this is common.

In triadic music, which is the more popular type of music most people listen to, once you figure out what key the song is in, you can stick with playing a solo in that key for the entire song in the vast majority of cases. In jazz (bossa, whatever), the key can change multiple times in the song.

Here is a very simple example. Let's say one segment of the song contains the following 3 chords:

Am7 D7 Gmaj7

This is ii V I ( 2 5 1) in the key of G major. Am7 is the ii chord. D7 is V chord. Gmaj7 is the I chord.

The modes would be:
  • Dorian for the ii chord,
  • Mixolydian for the V chord
  • Ionian for the I chord.
So, breaking down the song into different approaches for a solo, you have the option of playing:

-> G major for that entire 2 5 1 segment.

-> "Playing the changes" using the different notes for the different modes - dorian over the ii chord, mixolydian over the V chord, and Ionian over the I chord.

-> Or, knowing that the key for this song is G major, you could also play the relative minor = E minor, or even E minor pentatonic.

And of course, you can mix and match over the segment as well.

The thing is that for the next group of chords, the song could change key, so you'd have to go through a similar process again to figure out what key and modes are being used so that you end up playing the correct notes in your solo.
Hence why I said it was painful 😁

I'm not really a jazz guy which may be the most technical of western music. I've just never heard anyone review and breakdown a song at that level. But then I don't go looking for it either.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It’s not new, it’s just a guy who’s opinions you like so you think it’s a travesty. Brand is still doing his comedy shows, still has his videos up, and can still spread his messages.

He’ll have a chance to face his accusers eventually.

The point is the early accusations and trial in the court of public opinion is the damage that cannot be undone…. If he ever gets a chance to confront the Anonymous accusers at some point in the distant future will not undo the damage…. doesn’t seem strange to anyone that these types of accusations only seem to be directed in one direction? Always coming from the Progressive Woke Left aimed at anyone who doesn’t fall in line with their world view… hardly ever the other way around.

Does anyone remember the Duke Lacrosse team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad