OT: Sens Lounge - Golf season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The point is the early accusations and trial in the court of public opinion is the damage that cannot be undone…. If he ever gets a chance to confront the Anonymous accusers at some point in the distant future will not undo the damage….
It's a tough situation, on the one hand, victims of sexual assaults and sexual harrassment more often than not don't get justice though the legal system, yet their lives are irreparably harmed. When the power dynamic is as out of balance as it often is with celebrities it can get even tougher as making an accusation can result in being on the receiving end of fan vitriol, a life changing situation in and of itself little line the harm done by the actual assault.

There's no easy answer here, the legal system in general has failed for the victims of sexual assaults, but there's certainly a lot of risk with mob justice through the court of public opinion.
doesn’t seem strange to anyone that these types of accusations only seem to be directed in one direction?

Bull, enough playing victim, this has nothing to do with his political beliefs.

Always coming from the Progressive Woke Left aimed at anyone who doesn’t fall in line with their world view… hardly ever the other way around.
Again bull.
Does anyone remember the Duke Lacrosse team?
Ebstein, Wienstien, Al Franken, Andrew Cuomo,

Stop trying to turn this into a political whitch hunt in a transparent attempt to minimize the serious nature of the allegations.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hence why I said it was painful 😁

I'm not really a jazz guy which may be the most technical of western music. I've just never heard anyone review and breakdown a song at that level. But then I don't go looking for it either.
I never got into Jazz enough to really appreciate the deeper music theory behind it, but some of the theory makes its way into the odd pop song or blues performance. A guy like Robben Ford will pull in some jazz influence into more approachable blues tunes, by using the alt scale; it adds something foreign sounding (in terms of not usually found in blues, not a different culture) to the songs. He'll be rocking with the pentatonic and switch to the alt scale on the dominant 7th chord.

Reactions: thinkwild

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I never got into Jazz enough to really appreciate the deeper music theory behind it, but some of the theory makes its way into the odd pop song or blues performance. A guy like Robben Ford will pull in some jazz influence into more approachable blues tunes, by using the alt scale; it adds something foreign sounding (in terms of not usually found in blues, not a different culture) to the songs. He'll be rocking with the pentatonic and switch to the alt scale on the dominant 7th chord.
Jazz is different from other music genres. 7th chords are the foundation (basic building blocks), major 7, minor 7, dominant 7. These are 4 note chords (note - guitar centric focus versus piano) versus 3 note chords found in most popular, triadic music. You very rarely see a major chord in jazz song chord progression. That's probably (in part) makes it seem so different and less approachable for a lot of folks.

Change of topic - Never liked the amount of politics in this thread. It's a hockey forum so I'm not really interested in hearing someone drone on about their political views. I'll move on to other threads & focus on hockey.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jazz is different from other music genres. 7th chords are the foundation (basic building blocks), major 7, minor 7, dominant 7. These are 4 note chords versus 3 note chords found in most popular, triadic music. You very rarely see a major chord in jazz song chord progression. That's probably (in part) makes it seem so different and less approachable for a lot of folks.
I was always more into things like Steve Via and Satriani when I was learning guitar, so exploring the modes like Lydian to get that dreamy feel was about as far as I got.

Over the last few years though I started getting back into the theory side to expand my noodling around repertoire, making something sound jazz'ish is about as far as I've come, a little more playing to the changes, imply a chord in a lick, and liberal use of 7th chords lol....

Reactions: Big Muddy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I was always more into things like Steve Via and Satriani when I was learning guitar, so exploring the modes like Lydian to get that dreamy feel was about as far as I got.

Over the last few years though I started getting back into the theory side to expand my noodling around repertoire, making something sound jazz'ish is about as far as I've come, a little more playing to the changes, imply a chord in a lick, and liberal use of 7th chords lol....
There's lots of great, skilled guitarists that play different genres of music. I played mostly rock, blues & folk initially. I also liked to listen to jazz, bossa, etc., but didn't play it much over the initial decades. About 20 years ago, I started to play more jazz/bossa tunes. I was never very knowledgeable about theory, but as I went along, I started to learn more little by little here and there. Then I started to focus on playing solos/improvising mostly over jazz/bossa tunes, and that kind of forced me to learn more theory. It seemed unavoidable. I do tend to focus on more melodic forms of jazz (versus atonal or way out type stuff) as I seem to appreciate artists that are very skilled, advanced and technical and yet can hide all that skill and technical stuff behind some beautiful harmony and sound. The stuff I play could have 40 different chords in the song and include just about any chord you could possibly think of.

Reactions: Micklebot

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's a tough situation, on the one hand, victims of sexual assaults and sexual harrassment more often than not don't get justice though the legal system, yet their lives are irreparably harmed. When the power dynamic is as out of balance as it often is with celebrities it can get even tougher as making an accusation can result in being on the receiving end of fan vitriol, a life changing situation in and of itself little line the harm done by the actual assault.

There's no easy answer here, the legal system in general has failed for the victims of sexual assaults, but there's certainly a lot of risk with mob justice through the court of public opinion.

Bull, enough playing victim, this has nothing to do with his political beliefs.

Again bull.

Ebstein, Wienstien, Al Franken, Andrew Cuomo,

Stop trying to turn this into a political whitch hunt in a transparent attempt to minimize the serious nature of the allegations.
Thank you for making my point.

The Progressive woke left is always finding ways to smear and silence those with whom they disagree with. Social media companies suspend and or ban voices from one side of political spectrum when asked by their comrades in DC (remember the laptop from hell?) and when the damage is done, and eventually the truth comes out, it’s too late…. A POTUS was elected on a blatant lie, support by the left wing progressive media and former intelligence officials…all who knew they were lying at the time…. But the ends justified means, their guy got in, and the “bad guy” didn’t.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Thank you for making my point.

The Progressive woke left is always finding ways to smear and silence those with whom they disagree with. Social media companies suspend and or ban voices from one side of political spectrum when asked by their comrades in DC (remember the laptop from hell?) and when the damage is done, and eventually the truth comes out, it’s too late…. A POTUS was elected on a blatant lie, support by the left wing progressive media and former intelligence officials…all who knew they were lying at the time…. But the ends justified means, their guy got in, and the “bad guy” didn’t.

Lol, ok. Somebody needs to take a step away from their echo chamber, always playing the victim isn't a great look, particularly when it's all based on nonsense.

Sexual harrassment and sexual assaults isn't a partisan issue, treating as such and going to bat for 'your side's is an ugly game to be playing,

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Embrace it! Check this out:

it is going to seem like 'one Upsmanship" but it is real.

A raccoon in my yard.. Stood there and stared at me.. Then lifted his paw and held it up as if he was waving hello. And like the movies and cartoons, black around the eyes, like a mask.

It was the most bizarre 2 minutes. I didn't know what to do.. I waived back and went back inside. He then climbed the tree, moved along a branch towards my home and slept on it. About 10 feet from my window.

and if you remember last year, there was coyote sightings in River Side South.. I am sitting in my bedroom.. it overlooks the street and I watched the cayote walk down the street for a solid 3 minutes..

Some lady heading to work that morning.. would have died!!

I love suburbia.. I have had rabbits, deer., raccoons, cayotes,

Reactions: DrEasy

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Find a nice box. That'll get him (and it's probably a he for marking the tree every time on his usual route).

If you have a railing on your front porch, you can get special plant boxes that attach to it. Less likely to use it as a litter box if it's hanging above ground.
I think that I will leave him alone.

I went out earlier and dutifully cleaned his litter (Plant Box).. wahh, what odour!!!!!.. Pee and #2... Damn.

He has now marked:
his tree
plant box one with mint and parsley in it
plant box two with tomatoes
Plant pot 1, Avocado tree
Plant pot 2, lemon tree.

My whole back yard is his now.. I will leave rent on the back porch

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

A raccoon in my yard.. Stood there and stared at me.. Then lifted his paw and held it up as if he was waving hello. And like the movies and cartoons, black around the eyes, like a mask.

It was the most bizarre 2 minutes. I didn't know what to do.. I waived back and went back inside. He then climbed the tree, moved along a branch towards my home and slept on it. About 10 feet from my window.

and if you remember last year, there was coyote sightings in River Side South.. I am sitting in my bedroom.. it overlooks the street and I watched the cayote walk down the street for a solid 3 minutes..

You should have your phone handy to film and share these encounters, maybe you'll go viral too!

I have just one lame raccoon story: one night we heard some intense crying outside our window. We live more or less downtown, so not really used to animal encounters, but it eventually dawned on us that a raccoon family had fallen into a big garbage dumpster (trying to scavenge for food, presumably) and couldn't get out. My gf/wife (Dorion terminology!) spotted a wooden plank nearby, and we carefully approached the dumpster and slid it in there as a makeshift ladder. So they eventually climbed the ladder and came out. It was a while ago, so I can't actually remember if we actually saw them come out (would have been pretty cute to see) or not... Told you it was a lame story!

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
@Micklebot , @Big Muddy

What we label as rock and roll began sometime in the early 1950's.. and it was an branch of existing music being made by the African American community of the united States.

A fusion of Jazz, Blues, Zydeco, church music and another half dozen sounds. Lyrically, it was an evolution of story telling and church hymns predominantly among American Blacks, through their slavery experience.

So it makes sense.

The Europeans are at the heart of many North American sounds.. many originated there.. In Nations like Ireland and Scotland: Gaelic.. very up beat, very "dance like".. Irish and Gaelic poetry, story telling, etc. is legendary
Germany has its pub sound... its Oktoberfest music. Polka's and take offs
traditional German folk songs are very upbeat.

why did the Europeans not beat us to rock and roll? we beat them 3 times.. 1930's with swing music, the 1940 with big band, swing and "the bugle boy of company B" sound and 1950's rock and roll.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
You should have your phone handy to film and share these encounters, maybe you'll go viral too!

I have just one lame raccoon story: one night we heard some intense crying outside our window. We live more or less downtown, so not really used to animal encounters, but it eventually dawned on us that a raccoon family had fallen into a big garbage dumpster (trying to scavenge for food, presumably) and couldn't get out. My gf/wife (Dorion terminology!) spotted a wooden plank nearby, and we carefully approached the dumpster and slid it in there as a makeshift ladder. So they eventually climbed the ladder and came out. It was a while ago, so I can't actually remember if we actually saw them come out (would have been pretty cute to see) or not... Told you it was a lame story!
you need to meet my ex neighbor. A skunk (fluffy).. was nesting below their shed. One night, she is outside having a smoke and Fluffy comes by to say hello.

Cycling down Limebank from Hunt Club downwards.. I get to the airport and a giant, and I mean giant White tailed deer and his female mate are running beside me... Unreal.. The thing was 6 feet tall, 6 feet long.. And just hoping.. a km later, they turned and went onto Airport ground through some access...

I have stopped a few dozen time to let wild Turkies by.

in Gatineau park a deer darted in front of me while I was on my bike. Then decided to run a foot away from me.. A nice 2 minute ride/run...

Sadly some 20 years ago, I hit a deer. Goodbye car.

and a 2 inch long, new born bunny, came at me and had me running like a little kid... Damn Killer Bunny!!! 3 years ago, I had to rescue a small rabbit that fell into the window opening in the basement. Good luck in getting him out!!!

Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
What is complicated in dealing with bots who mindlessly regurgitate conspiratorial talking points?
Funny how things get labeled conspiracy theories, until they’re proven to have been factually true at the time, but only acknowledged after the damage has been done, at some point in the future, by the side that was calling it a hoax …
2020 “typical markings of a Russian disinformation campaign”….
2023, “contents of laptop authenticated“….

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Walking a tonne, eliminated junk foods and sugars, lifting weights, fasting in the morning.
protein.. your body does not absorb it as a fat and so it does not contribute to weight gain.

use plant based protein.. it will allow you to eat and not starve...

20 years ago. Dr. Aitkens made a fortune on this concept.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think that I will leave him alone.

I went out earlier and dutifully cleaned his litter (Plant Box).. wahh, what odour!!!!!.. Pee and #2... Damn.

He has now marked:
his tree
plant box one with mint and parsley in it
plant box two with tomatoes
Plant pot 1, Avocado tree
Plant pot 2, lemon tree.

My whole back yard is his now.. I will leave rent on the back porch

Can also plant lavender. Cats hate that smell.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Yeah; we have those, plus big ass barn owls, bald eagles, bears, and cougars…..

A deer gave birth and raised it under our trampoline in our backyard this year….

We don’t even live in what you guys would call suburbs in Victoria either!!!

Deer nets going up this winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad