OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Interesting news for our universities:

Experts call on Canadian universities to close off China's access to sensitive research

Former CSIS director says China views Canada as an 'easier target'

I think we're a bit bonkers in that we don't really restrict the areas in which Chinese students can study.
- Richard Fadden, former CSIS director

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ch...search-waterloo-military-technology-1.5723846

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
DW as in the Daily Wire led by by Ben Shapiro...

Or DW as in the enlish language German public international news broadcaster?

For sure Deutsche Welle... or this character

Rainy_day_today.png

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Well, not when it comes to basic facts and stats. Interpretation of said facts and stats are in the eye of the beholder, but to have a meaningful interpretation we need to start with the base facts. If those are incorrect, then no amount of interpretation can be taken in good faith for the same reason that you can't build a house on a crumbling foundation.

That's just it. There are some things that are virtually indisputable. The Holocaust happened. The Earth is round. Climate change is happening. Yet all three are routinely challenged to the point where their movements are growing.

Its ridiculous.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
WGN just launched NewsNation which has the stated goal of being fact-based and unbiased. I don't have it in my cable package but it may be worth following on Twitter or visiting online.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
WGN just launched NewsNation which has the stated goal of being fact-based and unbiased. I don't have it in my cable package but it may be worth following on Twitter or visiting online.

But do they have any recomnendations on what to glaze my tenderloin with (not a sex thing, see post above)?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pork tenderloin goes good with Taziki.
Too late, we'd already devoured the tenderloin before you posted. Made a bbq sause with some apple cider vinegar to add some tang. Not as good as the whiskey one last time but still really good.

Might try taziki next time though.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Too late, we'd already devoured the tenderloin before you posted. Made a bbq sause with some apple cider vinegar to add some tang. Not as good as the whiskey one last time but still really good.

Might try taziki next time though.
May God have mercy on your soul.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
That's just it. There are some things that are virtually indisputable. The Holocaust happened. The Earth is round. Climate change is happening. Yet all three are routinely challenged to the point where their movements are growing.

Its ridiculous.
The flat earth thing is really quite amazing

EDIT- amazing that people believe it, that is.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
That's what I thought initially, but BBC is increasingly focusing on click-bait individual and sensational "stories" and anecdotes, so I've had to move on from there as well.

It's an unfortunate side-effect of a market-driven society. even state-funded organisations feel the need participate in the "current trends" in order to compete instead of taking comfort in the freedom to just do their jobs well.

Reactions: DrEasy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The Cobra Kai show starts off well.
For those that have seen the original KK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad