OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa

Wildfire skies in California from all the smoke. Fires, plagues, locusts, a coming asteroid fly by in November. I dont see those guys walking around with those signs proclaiming biblical times and the end is near as much we used to. They'd have a more compelling case now.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Even the guys with "the end is nigh" signs know that it was a couple morons that started the wildfires with a gender reveal party and not the devil.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He turned his back on acting too except for an ET super bowl commercial

Said no one ever.

He's not bad in the Haunting of Hill House series that came out 2 years ago.

Also acting in the anthology sequel The Haunting of Bly Manor coming out in October.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
38 years old and I still feel like I'm living my life like a headless chicken.
Hey man, it’s a cool club. Grab a seat. Oh...oh right...let me get that for you. Right here brother. There you go. So do you remember what happened right before you lost your head? Oh...oh right. Well never mind that. Just enjoy the company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
upload_2020-9-12_10-35-33.png

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah that's one of the biggest hurdles in the "Information age"...sorting through all the information and having the ability to determine which is the correct/factual information and which are the lies. It's really confusing people at the moment. :)
Better education needed. As much as I love the movie Idiocracy, I don't want to see a sequel based on reality.
I recently made the decision to stay off social media as much as possible. Ah..that's much better.

Sacha for president.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah that's one of the biggest hurdles in the "Information age"...sorting through all the information and having the ability to determine which is the correct/factual information and which are the lies. It's really confusing people at the moment. :)
Better education needed. As much as I love the movie Idiocracy, I don't want to see a sequel based on reality.
I recently made the decision to stay off social media as much as possible. Ah..that's much better.

Sacha for president.
Correct is in the eye of the beholder.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Correct is in the eye of the beholder.
Well, not when it comes to basic facts and stats. Interpretation of said facts and stats are in the eye of the beholder, but to have a meaningful interpretation we need to start with the base facts. If those are incorrect, then no amount of interpretation can be taken in good faith for the same reason that you can't build a house on a crumbling foundation.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Well, not when it comes to basic facts and stats. Interpretation of said facts and stats are in the eye of the beholder, but to have a meaningful interpretation we need to start with the base facts. If those are incorrect, then no amount of interpretation can be taken in good faith for the same reason that you can't build a house on a crumbling foundation.
Where can you find the facts these days? Everything's become editorialized. The best I've been able to do is go straight to Reuters.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Where can you find the facts these days? Everything's become editorialized. The best I've been able to do is go straight to Reuters.
Wire services like Reuters, Canadian Press and Associated Press tend not to overly editorialize information. Primary sources like StatsCan and research papers are good too. And in the vast majority of news stories, podcast segments or TED talks where there IS editorializing and slant, they still cite the source of their data. It's becoming harder and harder to get just the basic facts without being told how to think about them, but it's still possible with a bit of research and critical thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad