OT: Sens Lounge CIII | Stranger Things Fashion Debate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Also also UPS: Customs wanted $3. We paid it for you. That will be $18 dollars please.
Yesterday my wife was home all day and UPS never came to the door, dogs never barked so we know they didn't come for certain.

We get an online notification that the driver attempted a drop off and nobody was home.

She called and complained, told them she's been at home all day and nobody has knocked and she knows that for certain, and that the package is a birthday gift (which is true). They tell her they'll make the driver "come back", well he arrives an hour later and apologizes for not delivering the package, "he didn't know it was a birthday gift!"

Somebody at UPS needs to explain to me why the package being a birthday gift is relevant. They notified us they'd deliver it that day, the driver claims he knocked but never did, what actually happened is he just didn't do his job and skipped the house then claimed he attempted delivery. This annoyance of the drivers skipping houses in their route seems to be getting more and more common.

Reactions: DrEasy

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Yesterday my wife was home all day and UPS never came to the door, dogs never barked so we know they didn't come for certain.

We get an online notification that the driver attempted a drop off and nobody was home.

She called and complained, told them she's been at home all day and nobody has knocked and she knows that for certain, and that the package is a birthday gift (which is true). They tell her they'll make the driver "come back", well he arrives an hour later and apologizes for not delivering the package, "he didn't know it was a birthday gift!"

Somebody at UPS needs to explain to me why the package being a birthday gift is relevant. They notified us they'd deliver it that day, the driver claims he knocked but never did, what actually happened is he just didn't do his job and skipped the house then claimed he attempted delivery. This annoyance of the drivers skipping houses in their route seems to be getting more and more common.
Same thing happened to me with Purolator. I was home sitting on the couch waiting and he never even drove on the street. I called and complained and they claimed it was a sub contractor and apologized.

Any system that can be gamed by employees to not do work and say they did will be gamed.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Not sure what is going on....something about getting rid of an e-gamer for supporting Hong Kong?
A professional gamer posted in support of Hong Kong, and Blizzard banned them for a year and clawed back any personal earnings he won as part of his teams winnings from a tournament last weekend.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Since I live in the country, I cannot wait to go downtown and take the o train and be stuck in it. Fun time awaiting.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Did I read correctly that OC Transpo shut down their bus lines to replace them with the LRT on day 1 of LRT opening?

Did nobody in Ottawa learn anything from Phoenix?

Always have an overlap when changing major services, in case you need a fall back due to unexpected errors.

Reactions: DrEasy and coladin

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
A professional gamer posted in support of Hong Kong, and Blizzard banned them for a year and clawed back any personal earnings he won as part of his teams winnings from a tournament last weekend.

He actually spoke out unprovoked in a live televised interview at a live event. While the punishment was way too harsh, he should not have used a live Blizzard event as a means to discuss politics. Anyone who does that should absolutely expect to be penalized in some way.

Blizzard also scrapped the two people who were conducting the interview, which seems insane as they had no involvement or knowledge the statement was going to take place.

And yes it seems they have guarded against users deleting their accounts, likely due to the high volume of people doing it. They also had to shut down their subreddit the day after due to the outrage they were receiving.

They definitely took a very well deserved beating on this.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Did I read correctly that OC Transpo shut down their bus lines to replace them with the LRT on day 1 of LRT opening?

Always have an overlap when changing major services, in case you need a fall back due to unexpected errors.

Maybe OC Transpo is doing all of this on purpose so when the real stuff happens they are ready for it.

Or maybe Melnyk is in charge of OC transpo and is cutting cost.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON

They did have an overlap. 2 weeks or something. This is the first week that busses haven't been running through downtown, and it's been major delays 3/4 days.

Reactions: DrEasy

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
He actually spoke out unprovoked in a live televised interview at a live event.
Nothing wrong with that.
While the punishment was way too harsh, he should not have used a live Blizzard event as a means to discuss politics.
I see no problem with this whatsoever. If it was an anti-Trump message Blizzard wouldn't have cared in the slightest, corporate hypocrisy to bow down to the CCP.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Nothing wrong with that.

I see no problem with this whatsoever. If it was an anti-Trump message Blizzard wouldn't have cared in the slightest, corporate hypocrisy to bow down to the CCP.
Sounds like it was done on purpose to screw over Blizzard seeing as what happened to the Rockets and the NBA.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Sounds like it was done on purpose to screw over Blizzard seeing as what happened to the Rockets and the NBA.
Or the person just supports the Hong Kongese's independence.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Nothing wrong with that.

I don't disagree Blizzard bent over for China, but you can't set a precedent that your live gaming events that are being broadcast to millions of people globally are a suitable stage to discuss politics. I was just stating that I don't blame them for punishing him for that (the issue is with the severity of the punishment). Doesn't matter if it's Trump or China, the events are about gaming and there's no place for politics anywhere near them.

Imagine if NHL players/broadcasters started making political statements during live broadcasts? That would not be okay.

Brian Kibler (another popular gamer/broadcaster) had an excellent statement that pretty much nailed it on the head.

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

You did not read correctly. There was a 3 week overlap that (in theory) should have been more than enough time to iron out the wrinkles. Unfortunately, the train is totally fine during non-peak hours and there's nothing that could really prepare them for the "real deal" of a weekday morning commute where people were forced to take the LRT.

That certainly doesn't excuse the mess that followed, or the lack of foresight about the door issue. But it wasn't from a lack of planning or a lack of "transition time".

Reactions: DrEasy and Engineer

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I don't disagree Blizzard bent over for China, but you can't set a precedent that your live gaming events that are being broadcast to millions of people globally are a suitable stage to discuss politics. I was just stating that I don't blame them for punishing him for that (the issue is with the severity of the punishment). Doesn't matter if it's Trump or China, the events are about gaming and there's no place for politics anywhere near them.

Imagine if NHL players/broadcasters started making political statements during live broadcasts? That would not be okay.

Brian Kibler (another popular gamer/broadcaster) had an excellent statement that pretty much nailed it on the head.

So in that case you also agree that sports players shouldn’t have the autonomy to sit out or take a knee during the national anthem in protest as well?

Yeah sorry, I won’t agree with you. Raising awareness for what is happening in Hong Kong is a positive.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
So in that case you also agree that sports players shouldn’t have the autonomy to sit out or take a knee during the national anthem in protest as well?

Yeah sorry, I won’t agree with you. Raising awareness for what is happening in Hong Kong is a positive.

TBH I just don't really want to see anything politics related bleed into live sporting events that I'm watching. I wouldn't want to hear a player go off on Trump during a live interview either. There are no shortage of platforms anyone can utilize if they want to publicize or bring attention to a political issue.

Reactions: Stylizer1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad