Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I have dealt with many dealerships over the years (only as a customer) and almost all of them are horrible so... this doesn't concern me too much haha.

Bunch of snakes from the top down.

Yep...they made millions off the backs of low level service industry workers. What's new though.

I fear the Mierens group being in control would just be swapping a slippery snake out for another.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yep...they made millions off the backs of low level service industry workers. What's new though.

I fear the Mierens group being in control would just be swapping a slippery snake out for another.
As long as the new snake is willing to spend more coin, I couldn't care less.

ka1QmBNdOs-2.png

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I think you look at majority of sports team owners and they have all done shady shit in their current or previous businesses. They aren't exactly angels.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Hard to imagine but there is the possibility of the person or group being equally as deranged and evil if not more than the current owner, personally I am willing to take my chances with just about anyone as im certain the current owner is not going to get the job done in the slightest.

No. No possibility.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Well that sucks to hear. Being a car person, I am glad the dealership industry is slowly dying.

Nothing but tremendous experience with Star Motors, not to say that bad things do not sometimes happen. I'm not sure I would brand an entire business with someone's specific experience.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I wish people would just tell us what's going on lol. Fanbase is on edge. Little hints is bs. Say it all or nothing.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Sure. I mean, nobody deals like them.

As far as the Mierens group, I didn't even know what dealerships were in it. Just checked it out, and the only one in the group I've dealt with was Camco Acura when I bought an Integra 20 years ago. Didn't have any issues there...

That was underrated funny lol.

As a kid I worked for the Dilawris and consider Vic and Shiv friends. Car dealerships are a very difficult industry, it would be hard to say any car business in this city does not have their share of warts.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
One thing I don't understand though, is if the family is selling all of their car dealerships to make an offer to Melnyk, how will they have enough revenue afterwards to inject into the team ? It also doesn't seems like a very smart business move to sell all your profitable "companies" ( for a lack of better words, english is not my main language ) to invest in a sports team.. We know sports team is not really a way to make money, it's more about the increase in value over the years.

I'm also far from a finance professional so maybe there's something I don't understand.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah, it doesn't sound like ideal shared ownership, but it looks like they're trying to get out of the auto industry before Trump lays his tariffs.

I guess we'll see, but like the previous poster says, where's the new money coming from?

Reactions: Daffy

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Not sure what the big news is, but if it involves changes in ownership would the league need to approve if less than a 50% stake?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
One thing I don't understand though, is if the family is selling all of their car dealerships to make an offer to Melnyk, how will they have enough revenue afterwards to inject into the team ? It also doesn't seems like a very smart business move to sell all your profitable "companies" ( for a lack of better words, english is not my main language ) to invest in a sports team.. We know sports team is not really a way to make money, it's more about the increase in value over the years.

I'm also far from a finance professional so maybe there's something I don't understand.

I wouldn't waste too much time on the Mierens angle. The brothers are split as far as dealers and Jeff isn't in on anything. They don't have the type of money required to make a dent into a meaningful ownership position

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So it isn't the Mierens as per Coladin.

Alright, who's next on the list of rich Ottawa families.

Losinghope

Jul 1, 2018
I have also been hearing for a while now that something is up. Nothing specific because of the subject sensitivity but I have been told that it is very positive.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have also been hearing for a while now that something is up. Nothing specific because of the subject sensitivity but I have been told that it is very positive.
Its been pretty obvious for awhile now that something has been up,there has been a huge media and general gag order put into place...They really need to pick up the pace here,and get the shit done

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Based on some of the comments made, has to be a family with a large real estate portfolio. So probably not the stronach's, or someone wild like Steve Smith.

Difficult to find info on asset sales, but there are some interesting family owned developers, like broccolini, Ruddy, etc... That probably have enough assets

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Weren't there rumours of the Desmarais family being involved a while back or am I confusing them with something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad