Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's not necessarily a negative... I've been to arenas where I can hardly hear myself think and I can feel the bass deep into my guts.

It's not that the system isn't loud, the sound quality just blows. The acoustics in the arena isn't great, which isn't the speakers fault, but it's not a good arena for concerts, for example. I think they are using a Yorkville elite rig, at least that's what it looked like last time I bothered to look (which admittedly was about 10-15 years ago.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
It's not that the system isn't loud, the sound quality just blows. The acoustics in the arena isn't great, which isn't the speakers fault, but it's not a good arena for concerts, for example. I think they are using a Yorkville elite rig, at least that's what it looked like last time I bothered to look (which admittedly was about 10-15 years ago.

It has better acoustics than either the Bell Centre or the ACC.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It has better acoustics than either the Bell Centre or the ACC.

That's possible, I've never been to a concert in either, tbh most stadiums have terrible acoustics which is why I typically don't care for concerts in stadiums. Certainly not a reason to build a new arena, as acoustics typically won't be a focal point anyways.

Fwiw, I like the elite rig, good bang for your buck in terms of spund systems, or at least it was back in the day when I still followed that stuff.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It's really not terrible that's for sure. The audio system is hot trash, though. I wouldn't doubt the speakers that hang from the rafters have been hanging there since 1996.

I mean, it's not like they need a great system if all they play is cotton eye joe and "everybody clap yo hands"

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Not saying its right, because it's pretty horrid for the sub-contractor that went bankrupt. But this seems to be mostly on Pomerleau. If you signed a fix price contract then you are playing with fire allowing sub-contractors to go over their budgets before getting approval for the extra charges in writing from OSEC.

Lifting Lansdowne's veil: Lawsuits tell story of escalating costs, unpaid bills, business failure

Not totally, Minto specifically asked for modifications ,and then reneged on Pomerleau.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Screwed by OSEG or Pomerleau?
Were the sub contractors/suppliers payments in dispute part of the prime contract making it Pomerleau’s responsibility or extra costs associated to OSEG?

Also did you just call Bill Shenkman, Roger Greenberg, and John Ruddy “crooked as they come...a dishonest and disgusting group” ?

rotflmao

You actually think the Greenbergs have a good reputation?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
so your like inb4 the next guy is worse. cool.

To be brutally honest....I think this is the way things are going to go from now on with the billionaire crowd. There is a growing disparity (and animosity) between rich and poor, where the wealthy are gaining more control at all levels, and are thus becoming less accountable to society as a whole. Money, control, power...the egos among pro sports owners seem to be getting worse and worse. Customers, fans, employees, mean nothing to those guys.

While I'm hopeful for new ownership, I'm not holding my breath the next guy will be a Daddy Warbucks who will throw gobs of money at everyone.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Smart for them to sell now.
A friend of mine works for a marketing firm in the States, he second biggest client is Ford. Ford is preparing to shift from dealerships because they feel that people are changing the way they buy cars. The Tesla model for selling cars is going to become the standard.
Isn’t Tesla doing poorly at the moment?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
To be brutally honest....I think this is the way things are going to go from now on with the billionaire crowd. There is a growing disparity (and animosity) between rich and poor, where the wealthy are gaining more control at all levels, and are thus becoming less accountable to society as a whole. Money, control, power...the egos among pro sports owners seem to be getting worse and worse. Customers, fans, employees, mean nothing to those guys.

While I'm hopeful for new ownership, I'm not holding my breath the next guy will be a Daddy Warbucks who will throw gobs of money at everyone.
It’s been that way for a long time... the rich and poor part,

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
That's possible, I've never been to a concert in either, tbh most stadiums have terrible acoustics which is why I typically don't care for concerts in stadiums. Certainly not a reason to build a new arena, as acoustics typically won't be a focal point anyways.

Fwiw, I like the elite rig, good bang for your buck in terms of spund systems, or at least it was back in the day when I still followed that stuff.

Bell Center doesn't have terrible acoustics, but they aren't very good either. I hate that any big name that comes to Montreal always plays there. Thankfully there are plenty of good shows in better venues.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Bell Center doesn't have terrible acoustics, but they aren't very good either. I hate that any big name that comes to Montreal always plays there. Thankfully there are plenty of good shows in better venues.

Personally I prefer the Corona and the Metropolis.

Reactions: Smash88

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
To be fair, if obscenely rich people were kind, compassionate, altruistic, selfless, and thoughtful, we would have no pro-sport teams.

What? The Green Bay Packers model works just fine. Every team could be owned by their community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad