Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We know there was an offer several months ago to buy the team. Daly confirmed it.

I'll bet the real problem is the twisted pretzel accounting and Melynk moves behind the scenes. Once anyone sees how much debt Melynk dumped on the team, and how much capital he took out of the franchise, potential buyers (rightfully) refuse to pay anything close to what Melynk wants. I wouldn't be surprised if a final sale ends up well under $400 million...and that's taking into account the potential windfall in Lebreton.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What businessman in their right mind would get into a minority partnership with that lunatic?

A businessman who sees the potential of Lebreton and a new downtown arena.

Problem is trying to get there.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
WHO THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

"Right now, we're kind of in the dumpster" - Eugene Melnyk
WHY WOULD YOU PUBLISH THIS? REGARDLESS OF CONTEXT! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA IS?

WHY IS EUGENE MELNYK ASKING MARK BOROWIECKI HOW THE DRESSING ROOM IS?!?
"Hey Mark, lots of news about our fractured dressing room, how about you read this pre-prepared script I had made up about how great everything is now?"

"It's not about individuals anymore" - Eugene Melnyk
ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT IT USED TO NOT BE THIS WAY? THAT IT USED TO BE ALL ABOUT INDIVIDUALS? IS THIS A NOT-SO-VEILED SWING AT KARLSSON?

"with character in the dressing room, and people working hard, we can accomplish more than a lot of people believe" - Eugene Melnyk
A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT WE'LL BE A BOTTOM-3 TEAM THIS YEAR. BEING A BOTTOM 10 TEAM IS "A LOT MORE THAN PEOPLE BELIEVE", YET IT'S STILL AWFUL, EUGENE.
I also took it as a swing at Karl.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Just because something hasn't happened (new partners) doesn't mean it's made up.

I'd say it's quite obvious something is/was in the works behind the scenes. No need to vilify anyone who offers aAfny insight. Either believe it, or don't, it all comes out in the wash regardless.

I don't listen to it personally, but with regards to a sale/money/partners/ownership, I know less than pretty much everyone, while I'm sure there are people here who have connections and hear things.
After this ridiculous stunt, potential partners must be standing in line now.

Reactions: Sensung

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not with Eugene at the helm.

Once the new arena is built, and the Senators move to Lebreton Flats, it will not matter who owns the team ....... attendance will rise as Accessibility to the majority of the market place will be 10 times better than it is today.

The handful of haters, like yourself, will be an insignificant factor.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Once the new arena is built, and the Senators move to Lebreton Flats, it will not matter who owns the team ....... attendance will rise as Accessibility to the majority of the market place will be 10 times better than it is today.

Guess we'll see what the fallout of this purge is. You've been consistently wrong in your estimation of fan anger over Melnyk's ownership to this point.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Guess we'll see what the fallout of this purge is. You've been consistently wrong in your estimation of fan anger over Melnyk's ownership to this point.

You can believe that if you you wish .......... but lets see what happens when the Season starts, and how the attendance numbers are for the first 15 or twenty home games, before you start popping the champagne:wg: corks buddy.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You can believe that if you you wish .......... but lets see what happens when the Season starts, and how the attendance numbers are for the first 15 or twenty home games, before you start popping the champagne:wg: corks buddy.
I'll be here.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Just trying to get revenues up so we don't trade all our players, or lose the team.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017

Hey, sign-me up. Happy to redirect my efforts to breaking down on-ice vs off-ice.

That being said I am confused. I know that I believe he should/could invest new profits into the team right away, because I believe the team is financially stable enough that the money should be their already.

But what about 100 mil that Melnyk has 'invested" into the team over the years? What about the 200 mil debt on the books? What about ongoing costs of later development stages of Lebreton? What about him taking money out of the business to prop up his start-ups? If he had a valid case for that money before Lebreton doesn't he have it after Lebreton?

Edmonton saw an uplift of 10 mil in profit from the new stadium. At 10 million per year it could take decades for Melnyk to feel like he has gotten the money out of the team that is fair to him, could it not?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Hey, sign-me up. Happy to redirect my efforts to breaking down on-ice vs off-ice.

That being said I am confused. I know that I believe he should/could invest new profits into the team right away, because I believe the team is financially stable enough that the money should be their already.

But what about 100 mil that Melnyk has 'invested" into the team over the years? What about the 200 mil debt on the books? What about ongoing costs of later development stages of Lebreton? What about him taking money out of the business to prop up his start-ups? If he had a valid case for that money before Lebreton doesn't he have it after Lebreton?

Edmonton saw an uplift of 10 mil in profit from the new stadium. At 10 million per year it could take decades for Melnyk to feel like he has gotten the money out of the team that is fair to him, could it not?

At 10 million profit per year. ..new stadium paid off in 60 plus years. ...well longer with interest.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
At 10 million profit per year. ..new stadium paid off in 60 plus years. ...well longer with interest.
By that time the shelf life of the arena will have passed. There is also maintenance required but we've seen from CTC that Melnyk isn't big on improvements so it would be the bare minimum.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018

Lol you really think Melnyk will survive?? And have a stadium downtown??? Not gonna happen!

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

handful? buddy, have you checked the STH numbers for this upcoming season?

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
handful? buddy, have you checked the STH numbers for this upcoming season?

Don’t you know that that information was fake news? Melnyk will have the biggest crowds ever this year now that he reassured the city that he’s not going anywhere!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

07-minister.jpg

Tnuoc Alucard said:

I'll be at the home opener and three other games in the first few weeks.

I'll provide a report for you.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We're nearing 1000 posts, I'm locking this one up, but feel free to start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad