GDT: Sens @ Leafs Wed 2nd Oct 19, 7:00: It's Sabu time!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So we want the team to finish last, the roster is looking like a bottom finishing team, shocker!

this is what it looks like, nice work Sabu, BT, Bran looked pretty good, Andy was solid, the rest was meh....

can everyone here back a bottom finishing team? Or is every game going to be pages of bitching about what people wish players and coaches could have would have should have done....

it’s been said before; we’re year 1 of a rebuild, how many in here are able to stomach that? This is what it looks like, all year.

5-3 to the leafs? That’s a good score for this team in a long season towards hopefully a top pick.

you can’t sim the season like your vids kiddos, we have another 8 months of this; better buckle up!

Evanc23

Nov 20, 2018
Well, weren't we all expecting this type of season anyway? Yet it's still somehow disappointing.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
So we want the team to finish last, the roster is looking like a bottom finishing team, shocker!

this is what it looks like, nice work Sabu, BT, Bran looked pretty good, Andy was solid, the rest was meh....

can everyone here back a bottom finishing team? Or is every game going to be pages of *****ing about what people wish players and coaches could have would have should have done....

it’s been said before; we’re year 1 of a rebuild, how many in here are able to stomach that? This is what it looks like, all year.

5-3 to the leafs? That’s a good score for this team in a long season towards hopefully a top pick.

you can’t sim the season like your vids kiddos, we have another 8 months of this; better buckle up!

Gotta agree with this.

I can understand being upset because it sucks, but if you're surprised, well then I dont know what to tell you.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I wasn't paying full attention to the whole game, so I might be off base here, but holy f*** that was a boring game. I didn't see any intensity or physicality from either side. It looked like a preseason game.

Reactions: DrEasy

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Nine times what I am making.

I know but you didn’t train all your life 24/7 to play hockey.. you didn’t go to the gym 365 day a year to play hockey. You didn’t Move from home at 15 to play hockey. You didn’t go out in the first round of the NHL draft. The guy is ultra talented he show some flash in this game. He’s 22 year old playing with a bunch of plug. He will be great when all the young guy are going to be better. It’s a learning curve.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Gotta agree with this.

I can understand being upset because it sucks, but if you're surprised, well then I dont know what to tell you.
I’m not surprised, I don’t mind losing right now, but I definitely expected more from the prospects over the last 2 weeks.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I know but you didn’t train all your life 24/7 to play hockey.. you didn’t go to the gym 365 day a year to play hockey. You didn’t Move from home at 15 to play hockey. You didn’t go out in the first round of the NHL draft. The guy is ultra talented he show some flash in this game. He’s 22 year old playing with a bunch of plug. He will be great when all the young guy are going to be better. It’s a learning curve.

I trained and worked a long time for what I earn today. :)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
What are you boys so worked up over? We ALL know this season isn’t going to go over well. Like it or not Toronto is one of the better teams in the league and the fact we were within 2 goals is far more than what I expected.
This season isn’t going to be easy. However things can only get better from here. It’s not like last season where we didn’t have our first round pick to look forward to.
What we’re going through now is the same as what the same Leafs team that just beat us went through not even 5 years ago. And look where they are now. (Losing in the first round to the Boston Bruins)

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
This may sound strange to some but I miss Balcers. We need more puck poise. Batherson looked like Lucic out there. Like 2019 Lucic. And I don’t mean in terms of physicality. I mean in terms of missing pucks, being a step behind the play, no timing etc. He’s gonna be a star winger though, I firmly believe that, but I also firmly believe needs more time in Belleville. Get him down there with Brown. People talk as if he better get going soon or his confidence will start to evaporate. I think it already has. Get Drizzy and Logi Bear back up here at the same time and play them with one of Balcers/Duclair/Tkachuk. Until then I wanna see Abramov replace Batherson. Either that or let Boedker draw in and move Chlapik up.

Tkachuk White Brown

Duclair Tierney Ryan

Chlapik Anisimov Abramov

Ennis Pageau Sabourin

/

Tkachuk White Brown

Duclair Tierney Ryan

Chlapik Anisimov Ennis

Boedker Pageau Sabourin

On D, Brannstrom looked okay, but I wouldn’t be shocked in Lajoie got back up here relatively quickly and/or Jaros.

Reactions: Cosmix

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

can everyone here back a bottom finishing team? Or is every game going to be pages of *****ing about what people wish players and coaches could have would have should have done....

Agree but regarding the coaching, I think it's okay to comment regarding the deployment IF he doesn't give proper minute to players who need these minutes to devellop.

In a rebuild, it's necessary to give the proper TOI in multiple situatiom that they can handle.

Like, i don't understand why a player like White isn't playing lots of PK time. let's say 2nd PK. They were talking about how they want to devellop him to become a player who play against top opposition. It's a work in progress and I hope they do give him the time because he was given a contract with the potential of being a top PK guy, playing in all situation, etc.

But that's my 2 cents on the matter.
They were outplayed by a contender, so there is no surprise by the result.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I left after the first to go play my own game and this happens. Looked like our defensive stalwarts of Demelo, Boro, Zaitsev and Hainsey had quite the adventure in the defensive end. Really looking like we're gonna cut on those goals against lol.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Crappy first game. Only real issues was the lack of effort by practically everyone and Smith forcing the PP with Anisimov, Ennis, Ryan and Tierney...that was way too gross to watch 3 times tonight. Oh well...game 1 sucked.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Sabourin and Chlapik did more with their meager minutes than the rest of the team combined. I know they're not going to change the game getting more minutes, but if we're going to lose might as well make the other team pay the price.

Reactions: Alex1234

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009

This is a team which is many years away from FYOUS, I said 5 years before FYOUS and I think I may have been generous. There is no insulation for the kids, it’s edmonton / buffalo 2.0.

I call that we make the playoffs again in 2029

Reactions: tardigrade81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad