GDT: Sens @ Leafs Wed 2nd Oct 19, 7:00: It's Sabu time!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
That should be concerning for people who praise them for their accuracy and reliability. Because if that's accurate advanced stats are more like body checks than any other historical statistic on NHL.com and body checks are notoriously unreliable.

If 4 different people are coming up with 4 different numbers... not good...
I like this for your enlightened centrism.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That should be concerning for people who praise them for their accuracy and reliability. Because if that's accurate advanced stats are more like body checks than any other historical statistic on NHL.com and body checks are notoriously unreliable.

If 4 different people are coming up with 4 different numbers... not good...

Really bad for HFers too, how are the people that dont understand the game going to argue through their teeth until they are blue in the face.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Its mostly the same terrible roster and is realistically worse than the one prior to the deadline last year. Why should there be different results expected? A little bit of role player shuffling isn't going to change much and really that's a good thing with the need to tank for elite talent.

Nothing wrong with being realistic about what's in front of us this year.

The variable with the most potential for impact is a new coach, but if you roll out guys like Ennis, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Anisimov, Ryan, etc. in primary roles, it's just flat out not going to go well and I don't think that's particularly debatable considering their stature in the league at this point. It just is what it is with those players but sadly they still might be the only realistic option in those roles. They're old, washed up and realistically peaked as secondary players at best. This team if/when they're rounding the corner, will be led by the kids, but it's just too soon for them and the roster shows. Two of the kids in Batherson and Brannstrom didn't even really earn it and don't look ready to bring much yet while the rest went to Belleville. Where is this improvement supposed to come from? it won't be our washed up starting goalie and Chabot, Tkachuk & White can't carry them yet.

Take out the last word “yet” and I totally agree.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like Colin White but if he's your number one center you're going to be a really, really bad team unless you have superstar wingers and defensemen which we don't have. Outside of Chabot and Tkachuk nobody comes close to fitting the bill and I still think Chabot and Tkachuk need to continue to grow before they get to that franchise player level (star, superstar-lite).

There were moments against Toronto because they're terrible defensively but it's going to be a ****show when we play Boston or Tampa Bay or someone with a more balanced group, stronger defensive play.

It's sad. We've shipped out way too many players - especially ones we drafted - over the last couple of years and we're finally back to where we were at the inception of this franchise... hoping to draft #1 overall and hoping that guy can come in and be our McDavid or Matthews or Stamkos.

Just thinking about the asset management of this team makes me sick:

Foligno, Zibanejad, Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Hoffman.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Just thinking about the asset management of this team makes me sick:

Foligno, Zibanejad, Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Hoffman.

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->