GDT: Sens @ Leafs Wed 2nd Oct 19, 7:00: It's Sabu time!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't know why, but I'm feeling irrationally confident about this game.

4-2 Sens.
Anderson plays out of his mind (possibly for the last time).
Andersen lets in a couple softies.
Leafs nation freaks tf out only for them to win 8 of their next 10.
Sens fans play the 'ol "maybe we're not so bad card" only to lose 8 of our next 10.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Sadistically enough I'm pretty excited for this game. Although the end result will likely be comparable to a colonoscopy. Put me down for 5-2 Leafs, with Connor Brown getting a revenge goal after Ceci accidentally takes out Rielly leading to a breakaway.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Sens unknowns lead by " what's your name" against "captain underpants" and his team of entitled brats!
Sens win 4-3. Babcock gets fired immediately after.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
For this season I will consider not getting blownout a victory. I will also watch some of the games, mostly because I forgot Gamecenter auto-renews every season. Those f***ers.

Also the deadspin preview for this team is hilarious.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
is spezza really a healthy scratch? babcock is seriously being a jerk to that guy since he signed there lol.
That’s what that little Toronto boy gets for choosing the blue and white punks over the team that made him

Reactions: DrEasy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I kinda like that Anisimov line. That could be a good place for Drake to have a good rookie season.

Ottawa wins this one 5-4 with Ennis scoring the late winner. Matthew's scores 3.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
That’s what that little Toronto boy gets for choosing the blue and white punks over the team that made him

its the end of his career.. its who he grew up cheering for I got no problem withhim signing with Toronto at this point..every player would love to play for the team u cheered when a kid.. babcock is being a complete jerk though all camp to him. and if he doesn't lethim play vs his ex team then even worse then I thought.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Looking at that line-up, it is rather good on paper. It is not elite-contender by any means but if enough of the players bring their best most games, this team will not be as bad as most think.

I compare them to the 1999-2000 Senators, no real superstar had emerged (yet), Yashin was holding out and the team was led by Bonk as #1 centre, a fairly young Wade Redden, a still green Alfie, a sophomore Hossa, and a bunch of plugs to fill lines throughout. Bonk led the team with only 60 points that year but they still made the playoffs.

The issue with this team today is not the lack of individual skill (again not comparing to an elite team) but whether or not these guys can play up to their potential. If the answer is yes, this team will fight for a playoff spot all season; if not, well we know how that story goes.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad