GDT: Sens @ Leafs Wed 2nd Oct 19, 7:00: It's Sabu time!

Youngblood29

Jul 3, 2018
Hi,

Hopefully Avs fan can make a question here.
I really like this younger generation D-men, who can really skate and move the puck.
There are multiple players in the league and I like to watch all of them.

For Brannstrom, will he get Power play time in your team? I can see that he is in the 2nd line based on the lineup but do you know will he also get some PP time? Like Heiskanen and some other young Dmans around the league.

Thanks and good luck for the season !

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
Leafs are debuting their C tonight. I'm randomly choosing to feel honoured.

Also, I hope Sabourin finds the opportunity to peer around Matthews tonight, and look at his ass instead of his jersey number. LOL

Reactions: mikelb7

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hi,

I really like this younger generation D-men, who can really skate and move the puck.

For Brannstrom, will he get Power play time in your team? I can see that he is in the 2nd line based on the lineup but do you know will he also get some PP time? Like Heiskanen and some other young Dmans around the league.

Can't imagine him not getting PP time, we don't exactly have a lot of good options after Chabot. Brannstrom likes to play his offside on the PP, so he could be on the first unit with Chabot, but my understanding is that he was on the 2nd unit in practice.

Reactions: Youngblood29

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Classic Babs, scratching Jspezz for the opener...another nice distraction that we surely haven't heard the end of there....Ontario teams just love the never ending drama!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hi,

He's currently slotted to play on the 2nd unit. The only issue with that being he's probably the player taksed with playing the "Chabot" role on the 2nd unit, which means if Chabot plays the majority of the two minutes, Brannstrom will only get the scraps. He wouldn't get "real" PP time the way other players on the 2nd unit would. It's no dissimilar to when Erik Karlsson was here and would play a minute and a half+ of the PP leaving whoever plays behind him limited ice time.

It's not quite clear yet how DJ/Capuano will spread out the minutes, but that would be my only concern, imo. It's not like this team has a ton of options outside of Chabot/Brannstrom for those minutes.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Might be in minority here but I see a good ol opening night spanking
5-1 TO

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
You talking about the Leafs? They're a way younger team than us. Their top 6 is like average age of 23.

Haha fair enough. Let's go nobodies!!! Better?? Let's go Belleville??

I hate playing against the Leafs. Ottawa can lose every other game of the year for all I care, just beat the Leafs.

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
I don't know why, but I'm feeling irrationally confident about this game.

4-2 Sens.
Anderson plays out of his mind (possibly for the last time).
Andersen lets in a couple softies.
Leafs nation freaks tf out only for them to win 8 of their next 10.
Sens fans play the 'ol "maybe we're not so bad card" only to lose 8 of our next 10.
I really like your teams top 4. I wish Sen fans the best and really hope you stick it to the laufhs.

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
It really isn't. Why would anyone think that? We have Connor Brown as a top line wing. Bobby Ryan is playing in the top 6. Tierney is the 2nd C. Zaitsev and Hainsey are not only in the lineup but in prominent top 4 roles. Mark Borowiekci is also in the lineup. Theres at least 4 players there that have no business paying in the NHL in 2019. I could go on.

This is legitimately one of the worst lineups a team has iced on opening night since expansion. Not Vegas expansion.
I think your top 4 is pretty good actually. You guys have great prospects, tons of picks and cap and will be adding at least one more very good prospect in June. Could be worse, look at what the oilers are icing tonight after having been in a perpetual rebuild for 15 years.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The only teams I really want us to beat this season are the Leafs and Habs.

I hope Sabourin scores the winner when Nick Shore is on the ice and they cut to Matthews, Babcock and Spezza in the pressbox.
This.

Especially Habs for me. Gave us so much trouble last year. Would love to dominate them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad