Dubois

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
What are everyone's thoughts on a fan event where we all get to kick PLD in the balls?
Like PLD, I’m not inclined to put in that kind of effort to show up, even if it’s to kick my least favorite king ever in the nuts.

I don't have any evidence nor have I ever heard anything about it

BUT

I never believed that stupid story about pancakes and to this day I find it maddening that everybody just went along with it.
Ok what’s the alternative? He hurt his back jerking off Getzlaf?

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Like PLD, I’m not inclined to put in that kind of effort to show up, even if it’s to kick my least favorite king ever in the nuts
I am unfortunately going to have to question your dedication. I think most people would pay go kick doze nuts

Here's some chum to get the hunger going

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I am unfortunately going to have to question your dedication. I think most people would pay go kick doze nuts

Here's some chum to get the hunger going

Question my dedication?

Fair.

If PLD came to my living room and I could kick him in the balls without getting off my couch I’m there. But I’m sure as shit not flying from Hartford to Los Angeles for the privilege.

Reactions: themilosh

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
My back seized up on me once reaching for a bottle of shampoo in the shower. Couldn't move and I felt like I was gonna vomit. Pancakes seems totally plausible.

And yeah I've been contemplating a PLD/Penner comparison myself. The PLD situation is like if Lombardi had traded even more assets for Penner, given him a long term extension for big money and to top it off you remove the whole Playoff-Penner redemption arc (I suppose there is still time for this to change).

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Yep, threw my back out of whack after canoeing when I was in my late 20s. Bent down to take the canoe out of the water at the end of the trip and it just locked up on me.
There's a reason there is an entire medical practice based around proper alignment of the back and muscles associated with it. Backs are tricky things.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
And yeah I've been contemplating a PLD/Penner comparison myself. The PLD situation is like if Lombardi had traded even more assets for Penner, given him a long term extension for big money and to top it off you remove the whole Playoff-Penner redemption arc (I suppose there is still time for this to change).

Not a totally unfair analogy by any stretch.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Best medicine for PL at this point is to play out that horrific contract on the 3rd line of a rebuilding lottery team. He knew this contract would cripple the Kings, let him twist in the wind.

In a similar sentiment, I wish we could force Blake to manage one of the concession stands at Crypto for every game PL takes the ice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'll admit i was really wrong about PLD

I thought he was just a 60 point player with inconsistent efforts who couldn't be the line driver

Turns out he's just flat out not a very good hockey player at all

I can't recall another King who simply cannot win a puck battle who wasn't some fly-by-night 4th liner

WaIt FoR tHe PlAyOfS

Okay they're here, now what?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Now it's going to be, "Well, he doesn't get good until his 2nd year with a team, so wait for game 1 of next season."
What do you mean? People already said that and mentioned his lower point totals with both Columbus and Winnipeg in his first seasons 🤣

PLD is apparently the epitome of Kings development - a slow boil that takes years to see tangible improvement.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Well Vilardi and Iafallo currently have scored zero goals for the Jets in the playoffs while PLD has scored one electrifying pinball fluky goal in garbage time of a blowout loss so you already know certain exceptional individuals will be billing this trade as a huge success and proof that he is indeed a playoff performer.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'll admit i was really wrong about PLD

I thought he was just a 60 point player with inconsistent efforts who couldn't be the line driver

Turns out he's just flat out not a very good hockey player at all

I can't recall another King who simply cannot win a puck battle who wasn't some fly-by-night 4th liner

WaIt FoR tHe PlAyOfS

Okay they're here, now what?
I mean he is capable. I've seen him play good hockey.

I was wrong about him too. He's the talented mercurial type. And sometimes those types will play really well (at least for a little while) when they get a change of scenery. I thought he would probably play the best hockey of his career in his initial season with us, then fade after that.

I never could have imagined he'd put in this little effort after an organization handed him 70M.

I wonder how he's going to play next year. Will he fall off a cliff and down spiral? Or will he make somewhat of a recovery?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And here I was, thinking that PLDonkey would make us look like fools for dumping on him.

Someone made a trade proposal to trade Anderson and Ghallager for Donkey. Nope, not a chance in hell. He will tear down what the Habs are building with his attitude. At least in LA you have strong leadership, we have a young team and he would be a cancer.

Your only recourse now is to buy him out.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Im not well versed in league trade history - mostly just LAK.. does anyone want to take a stab at worst trade/signings in league history and where the PLD debacle fits on that list?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Here’s the original thread on the trade forum: Confirmed Trade: - [LAK/WPG] Pierre-Luc Dubois (signs 8 years, $8.5M AAV) for Gabe Vilardi, Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kupari, 2024 2nd round pick

Pretty universal with regards to people dunking on Blake and saying Dubois isn’t worth half that.

And here’s the original thread on our forum: Confirmed with Link: - Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kuapri, Gabe Vilardi + 2024 2nd round pick to Winnipeg for Pierre-Luc Dubois

Pretty universal with regards to people dunking on Blake and saying Dubois isn’t worth half that.

With the exception of a couple posters who are currently too busy rimming Blake to comment here, everyone f***ing hated this trade for LA.

Quoting this again so we can go back and read the original threads.

Reactions: Faterson

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Im not well versed in league trade history - mostly just LAK.. does anyone want to take a stab at worst trade/signings in league history and where the PLD debacle fits on that list?
Right off top I think of the Parise and Suter contracts for the Wild, to which they're still paying off to this day. One of the main reasons I'm skeptical of buy-outs. That team is still handcuffed by those contracts.

The Erat for Filip Forsberg and McDonaugh for Gomez trades were terrible. The PLD transaction falls in those categories and even though its only been a year, I think we can all feel where this is going.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
And here I was, thinking that PLDonkey would make us look like fools for dumping on him.

Someone made a trade proposal to trade Anderson and Ghallager for Donkey. Nope, not a chance in hell. He will tear down what the Habs are building with his attitude. At least in LA you have strong leadership, we have a young team and he would be a cancer.

Your only recourse now is to buy him out.
1000011285.png

After 7 years of failure, and likely 3 straight playoff loses, are we still not questioning the Kings leadership?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

15 Year deal. Signed in 2006.

They're still paying him until 2029.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Right off top I think of the Parise and Suter contracts for the Wild, to which they're still paying off to this day. One of the main reasons I'm skeptical of buy-outs. That team is still handcuffed by those contracts.

The Erat for Filip Forsberg and McDonaugh for Gomez trades were terrible. The PLD transaction falls in those categories and even though its only been a year, I think we can all feel where this is going.
Those buyouts aren't anywhere near as damaging as you might think. It's affecting them now at the moment, but it's a small, temporary price to pay in order to change your teams culture and push out stale personalities who are preventing the badly needed growth of a new generation of the team.

Guerin has been doing a terrific job in Minnesota.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Clueless French frat guy clique as front office
No head coach for months
Player "leader" is unkempt wake-n-baker who needs a shower, a haircut and a summer job
Organization always chooses worn out veterans ahead of eager young talent, lost to waivers
System that rivals football's 46 Defense for uselessness in the modern era
Possibly the worst broadcast production in the industry

So its not all Dubois, but he is a big part of the problem, clearly

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad