GDT: Sens @ Leafs Wed 2nd Oct 19, 7:00: It's Sabu time!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Looking at that line-up, it is rather good on paper.
It really isn't. Why would anyone think that? We have Connor Brown as a top line wing. Bobby Ryan is playing in the top 6. Tierney is the 2nd C. Zaitsev and Hainsey are not only in the lineup but in prominent top 4 roles. Mark Borowiekci is also in the lineup. Theres at least 4 players there that have no business paying in the NHL in 2019. I could go on.

This is legitimately one of the worst lineups a team has iced on opening night since expansion. Not Vegas expansion.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think that coaching and attention to detail will be the key for the entire season to keep things respectable. Lots of losses, but less blowouts (one would hope). I already like what they are doing in the neutral zone

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Major dick move on Babcock's part to scratch Spezza.

Hometown guy signs with his favorite team growing up for what's likely his last season, and the home opener is against the organization he spent most of his career in. I'm guessing Spezza had tickets for his entire family ready to go, and was pumped to skate out onto the ice during introductions. And you're playing against what's likely to be the worst team in the league, so swapping out Spezza for Nick Shore will make absolutely zero difference in the outcome.

This is why players hate the guy, and why I predict he won't be the Leafs head coach when the first round of the playoffs opens. Biggest ego in the hockey world, and it'll be great to see him humbled by a 33 year old nerd.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't know why, but I'm feeling irrationally confident about this game.

4-2 Sens.
Anderson plays out of his mind (possibly for the last time).
Andersen lets in a couple softies.
Leafs nation freaks tf out only for them to win 8 of their next 10.
Sens fans play the 'ol "maybe we're not so bad card" only to lose 8 of our next 10.

This sounds about right haha. Hopefully they can trade Anderson to the leafs directly after the game.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Happy that hockey is back :nod:

season long tip :
tenor.gif

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Dubas vs Babcock. If the leafs don't have a very deep run this year Babcock will be gone imo. Defense 1st on the 4th line is big with Babcock.

good i hope hes gone. i personally hate him as a coach lol he comes across as a **** way 2 often to be liked.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Spez was close to signing with us. Let’s waive Boedker, suspend him when he does report to Belleville, get them to waive Spez and claim him. We’ll have first dibs after all. Babcock apparently saying he’ll be in next game, and the fourth line forwards will be rotated. By that metric there’s absolutely no reason to not play him tonight given the overarching context. This is a sheer power trip by a f*** stick who’s gonna be jobless soon enough. Eat shit Mike.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDebater

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Spez was close to signing with us. Let’s waive Boedker, suspend him when he does report to Belleville, get them to waive Spez and claim him. We’ll have first dibs after all. Babcock apparently saying he’ll be in next game, and the fourth line forwards will be rotated. By that metric there’s absolutely no reason to not play him tonight given the overarching context. This is a sheer power trip by a **** stick who’s gonna be jobless soon enough. Eat **** Mike.

I still think we should have signed him just so he could retire a Senator. He was a good soldier for us while he was here and would have actually had an opportunity to get more ice-time with the Sens than with the Leafs. I do however sympathize with his position to sign back closer to home.

Reactions: Clayonator

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Honestly wow on the Spezza scratch. Guys first game in his hometown vs his old team that he played the longest for. I mean we are going to be the worst team in the league and you can't throw the guy a bone ? Like is Spezza going to hurt you even if he sucks vs the senators? I kind of hope Babcock gets a puck in the face tonight.

Reactions: Alex1234

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
babcock scratched mike madano when he hit 1499 games also.. so yo u know howmuch of a ego and a **** this man is.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Leggooooo boyz!

This season will be bad but hopefully we see some nice growth in our young guns, and continued growth in guys like Chabot/White/Tkachuk/etc.

Cheers and don’t take things too personally please, we’re supposed to bottom out this year :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad