Post-Game Talk: SENS Jet into Winterpeg, Sat. 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
GDTs are emotional by design. You can't expect someone reacting in real time to a sporting event to be rational.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The only people who would still willfully follow the team at this point are all insane.

MadAdmiredDragon-size_restricted.gif

I love hockey and I love the Ottawa Senators. Melnyk doesn't get to kill that love.

He may try, but he will fail.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Let's be fair. The odds are good the Sens made a competitive offer to Stone.

No one wants to play for Melnyk if they can help it.

I am not convinced that the Senators made a competitive offer to Stone, Duchene or Dzingel. I suspect a low offer with no or little bonuses versus salary and little in the way of NMC or Limited Trade clauses. I have no faith in Melnyk making funds available for such offers. I will only believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Gesus

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Sometimes Tierney impresses me and sometimes he disappoints me and looks lazy on the back chequing. I think he is at best a third line Center.
He has the offensive IQ to be a top 6 center but often it looks like he's skating in mud. Just watched the highlights, he made Schiefle his bitch on that OT goal

Reactions: Cosmix

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am not convinced that the Senators made a competitive offer to Stone, Duchene or Dzingel. I suspect a low offer with no or little bonuses versus salary and little in the way of NMC or Limited Trade clauses. I have no faith in Melnyk making funds available for such offers. I will only believe it when I see it.

Competitive doesn't necessarily mean good enough though.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I’ve noticed Tierney and Dzingel have some nice chemistry whenever they play together. If Dzingel re signs then there’s still hope his production won’t tank if those two are linies. Which otherwise would scare me if Duchene is traded. But let’s be honest we likely won’t have to worry about any of their production next season unless it’s shedding tears while watching from afar, or breaking down and sobbing when they play us.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Missed the game .. Very Hard to get a sense of the game in this thread... Its mostly emo on players

Two Senator’s disastrous power plays where the Jets scored! The Senators deserved to win this in reg time, but . . .

The OT puck possession by the Sens was great!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Competitive doesn't necessarily mean good enough though.

Yes, depending on what the player wants and where he wants to play, and taxes. But I don’t get the feeling that the total monetary compensation was the same as other comparable UFAs would get.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So on Sportsnet Friedman says Duchene is being shopped around now and likely to be traded. Kyprios says discussions with Stone now will not work and he will be traded too.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I look forward to Wolanin's return moslty so that I don't have to watch Lajoie or Jaros struggle on the 2nd unit. Though I did really like Jaros's assist on the Balcers goal.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He has the offensive IQ to be a top 6 center but often it looks like he's skating in mud. Just watched the highlights, he made Schiefle his ***** on that OT goal
Yeah, Tierney is a pretty nice distributor and can thread the needle but almost every other aspect of his game is lacking. Poor skater, bad shooting, below average defensively. He's the kid of guy who kinda needs to play in a sheltered role or play with some guys who can cover for his deficiencies.

I'd love to move him now or at the draft. I doubt his value as a player will ever be higher than it is now. Going forward, he'll be behind White and Brown and possibly Pageau. If he gets locked into a LW spot for ab extended period of time, I'd guess his point totals will go down.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I look forward to Wolanin's return moslty so that I don't have to watch Lajoie or Jaros struggle on the 2nd unit. Though I did really like Jaros's assist on the Balcers goal.
I think they will only improve. Not every player can arrive on the scene like Karlsson or Chabot. The Sens gave up one even strength goal last night. And that is a contending team. They are getting better and will be better for it next season.

Reactions: Silencio

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
They will return, this season is just a wash with no reward at the end, thus killing interest.

The ‘reward’ as you put it is for losing games. The tanking sentiment is just as annoying, it returning next season is not a bonus for the GDTs.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think they will only improve. Not every player can arrive on the scene like Karlsson or Chabot. The Sens gave up one even strength goal last night. And that is a contending team. They are getting better and will be better for it next season.

Team play is better but we are very likely going into next season with Tierney/Pageau as our most experienced Cs and our two best wingers gone.

The team is playing well but it is very hard to look to the future and be excited.

Reactions: Gesus

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Team play is better but we are very likely going into next season with Tierney/Pageau as our most experienced Cs and our two best wingers gone.

The team is playing well but it is very hard to look to the future and be excited.

Yeah, I know. I have no clue what severe going to look like in 10 days. But I do know that the young guys are all going in the right direction, imho. Boucher may not be the guy for this team, but as at me season plays out, hismcautious development of the young d is looking promising.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I don’t disagree there I should have been more clear, I was reffering to the 2nd PP unit. I don’t see either guy as an option to play the top but while Wolanin is the AHL they are required to.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
That was the first time in a long time where the sens were entertaining, outshot and outplayed the opponent and won the game all in one.

Great game, more of that please.

Reactions: Silencio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad