Post-Game Talk: SENS Jet into Winterpeg, Sat. 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I would like to see Lajoie as a FWD, he's an awful Dman.

He's a fine 5. Another player we are forced to play above his level due to budgetary issues and bad luck with drafting D (Wiercioch and Cowen being complete busts really set us back)

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Yeah, Tierney is a pretty nice distributor and can thread the needle but almost every other aspect of his game is lacking. Poor skater, bad shooting, below average defensively. He's the kid of guy who kinda needs to play in a sheltered role or play with some guys who can cover for his deficiencies.

I'd love to move him now or at the draft. I doubt his value as a player will ever be higher than it is now. Going forward, he'll be behind White and Brown and possibly Pageau. If he gets locked into a LW spot for ab extended period of time, I'd guess his point totals will go down.
Ya that's a very good assessment of Tierney.
I'd keep him because our C depth is so poor and he allows Brown to keep developing in the AHL. I also dont think he has that much value in a trade.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, Tierney is a pretty nice distributor and can thread the needle but almost every other aspect of his game is lacking. Poor skater, bad shooting, below average defensively. He's the kid of guy who kinda needs to play in a sheltered role or play with some guys who can cover for his deficiencies.

I'd love to move him now or at the draft. I doubt his value as a player will ever be higher than it is now. Going forward, he'll be behind White and Brown and possibly Pageau. If he gets locked into a LW spot for ab extended period of time, I'd guess his point totals will go down.

I'd be on board with this. I wonder what the market would look like for him? 24 years old, 40 points last season, on pace for 55 this season. When Duchene is moved, I'm sure he'll be put into a bigger role too...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ya that's a very good assessment of Tierney.
I'd keep him because our C depth is so poor and he allows Brown to keep developing in the AHL. I also dont think he has that much value in a trade.
He seems to be very popular and well liked as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad