Post-Game Talk: SENS in Nashville, Tonight @ 8:00pm

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
don't want to believe it but really looks like col is going to get a top 3 pick :(

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Sens had ZERO answers to how the preds defended their blue line. Whether onothe PP or on 5v5. This one's down to being outcoached imo

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Sens had ZERO answers to how the preds defended their blue line. Whether onothe PP or on 5v5. This one's down to being outcoached imo

To be fair, most teams have no answer to that either. Especially in their barn. Their D is amazing. Easily tops in the league.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Forsberg/Arvidsson/Turris/Subban is much more impactful. We're losing Duchene and a bunch of depth.
The Preds have a near the top of the league team so their bottom 2/3 of their roster is still good enough to be competitive against our full roster. Remember they are also solid in net. When we have 2 top 9 out one being our #1 centre then we are automatically at a disadvantage. How can it really be considered a fair comparison when we have so many first year NHL and a few career AHL guys on our roster. The Sens would have had to take advantage of every opportunity and Rinne would have had to have an off night to win this one.

Reactions: JD1 and h2

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Score does not reflect how bad we were. Very lucky to only lose by 2. Andy had another good game to keep things respectable but the scoring chances were very, very much in favor of the Preds.

Reactions: Icelevel

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Feels like everyone on the team has lost half of their hockey IQ.....too much uncertain play and thinking instead of reacting.

Reactions: Icelevel

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The Preds have a near the top of the league team so their bottom 2/3 of their roster is still good enough to be competitive against our full roster. Remember they are also solid in net. When we have 2 top 9 out one being our #1 centre then we are automatically at a disadvantage. How can it really be considered a fair comparison when we have so many first year NHL and a few career AHL guys on our roster. The Sens would have had to take advantage of every opportunity and Rinne would have had to have an off night to win this one.

No doubt, tough to not capitalize on a team though with a chance like tonight. It was there.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
This team can't f***ing skate. We are always trailing the play and last on pucks. You can see Boucher changing his strategy, and while the goals against have lessened, now we can't score.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I know Tkachuk is only a teenager but FFS it's so frustrating seeing him fall down on just about every play.

Dude falls more than Bobby Ryan out there

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
As the game went on, we started looking more and more sluggish. We played McCormick and Pyatt for what, a combined 12 mins?

Then we have Falk and Elliot playing 16 and 15 mins a respectively. Burgdoefer played 4 mins (why even bother).

Of course we looked terrible, we had what should be our 7th Dman in Harpur playing 18 mins, and a Rookie who looks to have hit a wall over the last 3 weeks in Lajoie that played 23 mins.

Reactions: DrEasy and h2

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
To be fair, most teams have no answer to that either. Especially in their barn. Their D is amazing. Easily tops in the league.

They allowed 10 goals against in the last two games. Injuries have made them a lot more human. This shouldn't have been so one-sided.

I know Tkachuk is only a teenager but FFS it's so frustrating seeing him fall down on just about every play.

Dude falls more than Bobby Ryan out there

Except Tkachuk is always involved in the play somehow so the falling doesn't really bother me. Ryan falls just from a small breeze.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
As the game went on, we started looking more and more sluggish. We played McCormick and Pyatt for what, a combined 12 mins?

Then we have Falk and Elliot playing 16 and 15 mins a respectively. Burgdoefer played 4 mins (why even bother).

Of course we looked terrible, we had what should be our 7th Dman in Harpur playing 18 mins, and a Rookie who looks to have hit a wall over the last 3 weeks in Lajoie that played 23 mins.

Lajoie has been pretty good all things considered.

Boucher clearly needs to stop going 11-7 and then benching the extra dman the whole game. That's just mind-numbingly stupid.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
They allowed 10 goals against in the last two games. Injuries have made them a lot more human. This shouldn't have been so one-sided.

Except Tkachuk is always involved in the play somehow so the falling doesn't really bother me. Ryan falls just from a small breeze.
Earth rotation alone makes Ryan fall

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Lajoie looked pretty weak on that 3rd goal. Andy shoulda had it but Lajoie looked pretty weak. too weak

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lajoie has been pretty good all things considered.

Boucher clearly needs to stop going 11-7 and then benching the extra dman the whole game. That's just mind-numbingly stupid.

I really like Lajoie, but he's been struggling for a while now. We just don't have any other options.

Ideally, he shouldn't be asked to play a shutdown role, he should be on the bottom pair learning the pro game.

But I definitely agree with you about how he manages the lines going 11-7.

We barely played the 4th liners relative to how we would have if we'd played 12-6. you got to role the lines if you're down a man otherwise all the forwards are gassed.

I think he went 11-7 because he wasn't sure about Elliot, my guess is we don't see Burgdoefer again (crosses fingers)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lajoie looked pretty weak on that 3rd goal. Andy shoulda had it but Lajoie looked pretty weak. too weak

He just wiffed on him, I don't think he even made contact, just completely misjudged his speed. Kid needs his usage dialed back imo. If Wolanin were available, I'd consider swapping them for a bit to give Lajoie a chance to take some games in from the pressbox.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad