Post-Game Talk: SENS in Nashville, Tonight @ 8:00pm

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'M Shocked, that Nashville, with the fourth best overall record (.661), at team that has (now) won every game vs teams from the Eastern Conference, managed to beat the Senators, a team with the 27 best record (.469) and with only 3 wins on the road, last night.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think its way way too early to call that. Lajoie is being asked to do too much right now. Its highly unusual for a rookie to be thrown in to the deep end to play PK and shutdown minutes the way Lajoie has been. He should be more sheltered , but the Sens have no depth and a credit to how much poise Lajoie has and how good he is positionally to be fed the minutes he has. Its unfair to him as a developing player if you ask me. And I think he has definitely shown more than bottom pair potential.
Bouchers really struggles handling his players and minutes played. I wonder if this is a result of his disconnect from his players?

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
That’s pretty hasty given his age. I see a #3-4.
I agree I think for his age and the NHL grind this was bound to happen. He has probably lost some confidence as well. I think he does have the work ethic and hockey smarts that he will end up being a top 4 defenseman. There is probably enough film on him now where teams and players are figuring out his game.

Reactions: Clayonator

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bouchers really struggles handling his players and minutes played. I wonder if this is a result of his disconnect from his players?

He has a winning record at home and a very good home record. So he knows how to deploy players.

Everyone including the owner wants out of Ottawa so maybe Boucher rubs his players the wrong way.

It's kinda nice that the only person who loves being a Senator is Pierre Dorion

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I know Tkachuk is only a teenager but FFS it's so frustrating seeing him fall down on just about every play.

Dude falls more than Bobby Ryan out there

I am thinking he should have spent a year outside the NHL.
As of now he runs around trying to hit and then embellishing and slashing and stuff and not taking near enough shots or shot attempts.
Maybe a game or two in the press box to watch the game from a different angle. Can't believe J.R. amd Steve Warne were saying he's better than Pettersson a week or so ago.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty un-eventful game other than Brady's high stick and then getting attacked for the next 2 minutes by basically all Nash players, I know if the situation is reversed were killing a 5 on 3 there for sure...scratch that were getting scored on at least once for sure.

I estimate we have a decent chance to win in the Detroit and New Jersey game's this month.

Reactions: Alex1234

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I am thinking he should have spent a year outside the NHL.
As of now he runs around trying to hit and then embellishing and slashing and stuff and not taking near enough shots or shot attempts.
Maybe a game or two in the press box to watch the game from a different angle. Can't believe J.R. amd Steve Warne were saying he's better than Pettersson a week or so ago.
He's definitely in a points drought at the moment, but his 82 game pace for shots on goal is 226. He's shooting enough.

Compare that to Batherson who definitely doesn't shoot enough - on pace for 70 shots on goal in a full 82 game season. He is the one who should be back in the AHL in my opinion.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tkachuk is always visible on the ice even when he isn't scoring he is doing a whole lot of other things to to get his team going, he aggravates the opposition, he hits & he will drop them, if necessary. Batherson on the other hand seems lost without Duchene, he has done very little since Duchene went down & even before that. He needs to work on his total game, he's skilled enough but does little else & needs to show much more edge in his game. Maybe Batherson needs to go back to Belleville & continue to work on his game.

Smith has played well over the last few games being the only one that scored last night but he too is involved all over the ice. The offence seems to have dried up lately, they need Duchene & Ryan who is an excellent playmaker back in the lineup to get this offence going again. This is the team we have, they are young & lack experience, they are good in some games & bad in others, competitive on most nights but in need of a couple more pieces to be more consistent. IMO the coaching staff holds them back most of the time because they seem to play a defence first system & needs to be changed to a much more offensively generated system.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I didn't like how Ekholm had his way with Tkachuk. He can look after himself, sure, but it would have been nice for someone to tune up that fake tough guy on Monday.

Reactions: Clayonator

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Being Chris campoli in your first 30 NHL games is downright incredible. If that’s the case and he continues to develop we have a superstar on our hands.

I agree... and Campoli entered the nhl sound defensively to... excellent skater

My Canpoli comparison was not an insult... he was a good player until he lost it

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah in one of the highest scoring years ever and with one of the highest percentages of PPs, and then he never even sniffed 20 pts again :laugh:

The season he was dealt to Ottawa he finished with 11G 30Pts in 76GP

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The season he was dealt to Ottawa he finished with 11G 30Pts in 76GP

So he had one single 30pt season in a “normal” scoring year in his whole career. What’s the point you’re trying to make here? Because aside from their skating stride being a bit similar, Lajoie is probably already better defensively than Campoli ever was.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
So he had one single 30pt season in a “normal” scoring year in his whole career. What’s the point you’re trying to make here? Because aside from their skating stride being a bit similar, Lajoie is probably already better defensively than Campoli ever was.

05/06: 80-9-25-34
06/07: 51-1-13-14 (22 point pace per 82)
07/08: 46-4-14-18 (32 point pace per 82)
08/09: 76-11-19-30 (Dealt to Ottawa along with Comrie (41-7-13-20 at time of trade) for a 1st)

Campoli was a solid young defenseman... it’s a shame you were to young to watch him when he broke in

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
05/06: 80-9-25-34
06/07: 51-1-13-14 (22 point pace per 82)
07/08: 46-4-14-18 (32 point pace per 82)
08/09: 76-11-19-30 (Dealt to Ottawa along with Comrie (41-7-13-20 at time of trade) for a 1st)

Campoli was a solid young defenseman... it’s a shame you were to young to watch him when he broke in

Ah yes, the age argument... when nothing else works, right!

You’re really trying to stuff this Campoli comparison down everyone’s throat even though everybody, old and young, disagrees with you :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad