Pre-Game Talk: SENS in la belle Province (Ontario), Saturday night 7:00 pm

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Check out this thread. Basically White to be put in a 4th line C position where pts will be really hard to come by and the finger will be pointed at him for not producing. White's development will be at least hampered and this is supposed to be about rebuilding. Smith is playing as a 2C ahead or Tierney and White .

Assuming they really want Smith at center, not really sure why they don't play White with Tierney and Formenton, that would be a fantastic 3rd imo. Pretty sure Pyatt did some time as a center in Tbay under Boucher.

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-Smith-Stone
Formenton-Tierney-White
Paajarvi-Pyatt-Boedker

edit: just realized, Pyatt actually played center tonight with Paajarvi and McCormick, maybe he does end up our 4th line center, though I doubt Boedker get's pushed to the 4th.

Last edited:

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Was at the game tonight, first off the PP is actually different...it isn't the same down low to 6 feet in front of the net passing looking for a roofer. Duchene needs to stay, such a great player, skates and dangles, I said it last year that he reminds me of EK and I feel he can fill that void. Brady is going to be something special for this team, McCormick just impresses me with his "jam", that dude hustles and plays hard each shift, love that. Andy was great tonight, I hope he can maintain that calm and steady play. Demelo was my standout D tonight, really showed steady play and that he can handle in zone pressure and can make the simple play. It was a fun game and great to see the skating and flow of the team. Cautiously optimistic about being better then bottom 5.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Happy to hear about Macormick,always thought he may be a good bottom 6 guy....I also said that Harpur may become a good defender....So iam 50/50 so far

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love McCormick, should definitely be in the bottom 6 unless he falters.

Also yea, that 1st unit PP with Chabot, instead of Wideman, can be promising.

Chabot up high, Stone and Duchene on either side on an umbrella formation, Dzingel/Ryan down low and Tkachuk in the middle.

Tkachuk Dzingel/Ryan
Stone Duchene
Chabot

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I wonder if money is so tight that we're going to be forced to not ice the best roster possible because we cannot bury 1 way contracts and be on the hook for an additional 650k+ per buried player.

We also seemingly roll with 22 players instead of 23. It is pretty suspect and further complicates things. It's not the standard in the NHL. We claim it's because we don't like players sitting for too long, but I don't think this team should get the benefit of the doubt considering how everything seems to revolve around cash.

So we can either roll with 12 forwards/8 defensemen, or 13 forwards/7defensemen.

We have 13 (healthy) forwards up right now. There isn't really a logical forward we can send down that isn't on a 1 way. White, Tkachuk, and Formenton are our only forwards on two way deals.

We have 8 defensemen. Chabot, Jaros, and Lajoie are the only two way contracts. If we waive Demelo or Harpur in order to send them to the minors, unless one is claimed, we're still paying them NHL money.

Unless I am missing something, we're pretty much in a situation where we have to send down a better player on a two way contract, or spend more money to send down our worse players who are on 1 way deals. This'll might really show where this team is money wise.

Reactions: DrEasy

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
God this team would look so much better with Pageau in the lineup. What a huge loss for us. We could actually be halfway respectable with him. Add in Karlsson and we would be playoff bound.

Having said that, I still really liked the look of the team a lot tonight. Smith should be swapped with White, but other than that the chemistry was very nice to see.

Correction
Smith should be swapped with Chlapik.
White has not shown anything close to what he has.

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
We’ll see how long that is the case. I hope I am really proven wrong but I suspect we wont see that when we start losing a few.

Anyway, I am still excited for season to start, I am hoping we do well despite the obvious flaws we have Ill still be cheering
Or when we trade Duchene and stone

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Duchene and Stone are probably going to be PPG. Tkachuk could end up with 40+ points seeing as he'll be playing a lot with Stone and probably 7-95-61 will be put together every now and then (Smith sure as hell shouldn't be 2C for long).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad