Pre-Game Talk: SENS in la belle Province (Ontario), Saturday night 7:00 pm

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
There were a lot more shot attempts on the PP thanks they took last year.

One silver lining about karlsson leaving is thst the senators will have to try something different on the power play.

It can't be any worse then it has been the past two seasons .

As amazing as karlsson is, the powrplsy just never seemed to click with him running it.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Not trying To look too much into it and I know it was Montreal... but we really looked good out there tonight. And, the team seemed to have lots of fun.

Reactions: Icelevel

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
One silver lining about karlsson leaving is thst the senators will have to try something different on the power play.

It can't be any worse then it has been the past two seasons .

As amazing as karlsson is, the powrplsy just never seemed to click with him running it.

That's because a D-man can't run the PP, at least from the point. The last time the Sens PP was above league average was 13-14 with Spezza, who was the last great PP forward the team has had.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
That's because a D-man can't run the PP, at least from the point. The last time the Sens PP was above league average was 13-14 with Spezza, who was the last great PP forward the team has had.

Yeah they haven't had anyone super comfortable downlow since Spezza for sure.

But at least without Karlsson they;'ll have to get more creative. I remember fuming at them for passing it back to Karlsson every 5 seconds and never doing anything else with it.

Reactions: Vprime

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

But at least without Karlsson they;'ll have to get more creative. I remember fuming at them for passing it back to Karlsson every 5 seconds and never doing anything else with it.

Oh yeah, for sure. Hopefully there are more one-timers this season.

Reactions: DrEasy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Happy to hear it was a good night and there are clearly some good pieces left in the F core.

You have to find a way to keep Duchene and Stone tho. Have to.
Don’t think it matters at this point. Stone and duchene can and probably will be traded. Hopefully for quality pieces.
Depends on how deep this rebuild plan is. Get the idea that the plan goes pretty deep.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Don’t think it matters at this point. Stone and duchene can and probably will be traded. Hopefully for quality pieces.
Depends on how deep this rebuild plan is. Get the idea that the plan goes pretty deep

1st sentence - LOL

Quality pieces back. Yeah right.

I don't think they'll sign anyway, but im just saying you cant just have Brady Tkachuk playing with 3rd liners and call it a rebuild. But they will .

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
These f-ing posts talking about how we're a good team now because we won two games in preseason......hilarious.
People are just a little more optimistic than they were a week ago. At this point just not being in the bottom 5 like everyone thinks we will be would be a pretty big step for this team in a rebuilding year. And the young guys are fun to watch.

Come on man a little positivity isn’t a bad thing. We’ve had enough negativity the past year for a couple generations of fans.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If
No question they have a higher ceiling than those players, but their is no point rushing them to the NHL just yet.
a kid is playing well enough to stay up he should stay. I don’t care if he’s 18 or 20. Lajoie has been our best d man this pre season. He should start with us. If he starts to struggle with the pace of the regular season, we’ll then you send him down to get a little quicker stronger. But as of now. He stays. And ANY organization would be doing the same. Lajoie has been outstanding.

Reactions: topshelf15

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
These f-ing posts talking about how we're a good team now because we won two games in preseason......hilarious.

One of the better efforts we’ve seen in the last year. Obviously effort can only take you so far but it’s encouraging.

I suppose you’d be fine if everyone lost their mind over a game that involved half of the regular.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
One of the better efforts we’ve seen in the last year. Obviously effort can only take you so far but it’s encouraging.

I suppose you’d be fine if everyone lost their mind over a game that involved half of the regular.

Preseason against a bad team. Means absolutely nothing.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
When we were losing it was meaningless. When we are winning it is meaningless.

It's preseason.

Still some encouraging signs from some players.

Duchene, Ryan, Stond and Tkachuk looked good up front.

The D was solid and Andy looked good.
Plenty to be happy about

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Same thing happens with TFC and Giovinco. Annoying as hell.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think you need to chill out lmfao. We played well last night. People are talking about who played well. What’s the alternative. Do you only want posts when we play poorly.

I'm not talking about specific player observations. That's what preseason is for. I'm talking about people saying we'll be much better than everyone thought this year because we had two wins in preseason, lol.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I think you need to chill out lmfao. We played well last night. People are talking about who played well. What’s the alternative. Do you only want posts when we play poorly.
People are saying the Sens will make the playoffs after last night.

Overreactions are silly in either direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad