Pre-Game Talk: SENS in la belle Province (Ontario), Saturday night 7:00 pm

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well this is it, last chance for the kids to prove themselves before the big boys come out to play in the regular season. :popcorn:

Doesn't seem like the kids are getting much of a chance. Chlapik and Wolanin were sent down to Belleville yesterday. Gotta give big boy Harpur more chances to prove how mediocre he is before he's handed a spot and keep Smith with Stone after all.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Doesn't seem like the kids are getting much of a chance. Chlapik and Wolanin were sent down to Belleville yesterday. Gotta give big boy Harpur more chances to prove how mediocre he is before he's handed a spot and keep Smith with Stone after all.
rodoculous in my opinion, Harpur over wolanin?

Chlapik??? He was the guy competing the hardest scoring, next to Tkachuk, I don't know anything really, shoot.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Harpur and McCormick are on one way deals and would earn their NHL salaries in the AHL.

Chlapik and Wolanin get AHL salaries went in the AHL.

As per usual, this move has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with Scrooge's wallet.

Reactions: Beville and Deku

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Harpur and McCormick are on one way deals and would earn their NHL salaries in the AHL.

As per usual, this move has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with Scrooge's wallet.

I dont absolutely hate the move tbh. Its difficult enough to transition to the nhl, and there will be a lot of negativity around the team. Not a terrible idea to hide those guys from it in belleville.

But merit wise, they definitely out played harpur and McCormick so I am disappointed. Just means I'm going on a couple roadies to belleville this year

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I dont absolutely hate the move tbh. Its difficult enough to transition to the nhl, and there will be a lot of negativity around the team. Not a terrible idea to hide those guys from it in belleville.

But merit wise, they definitely out played harpur and McCormick so I am disappointed. Just means I'm going on a couple roadies to belleville this year
Oh there could be legitimate hockey reasons to make the move, but in this case the track record is clear.

It was about saving Eugene $ (roughly half million if memory serves)

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa

I still remember when we scratched our heads when they sent Pavol Demitra RIP to AHL for the same reason. Nothing is changing in OTTAWA.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Chlapik got sent down? Besides Duchene, had anyone on the entire roster outplayed him thus far?
Chlapik is on a two way contract.

If the Smith was claimed, Chlapik would be in the NHL. Scrooge won't pay NHL salaries for players (McCormick etc) to play in the AHL, so Chalpik goes down.

Doesn't matter that we have the worst lineup in the league and that Chlapik would be an improvement, just that Scrooge saves $.

Reactions: derriko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would easily ditch Demelo and Harpur for Wolanin and Jaros.
I would love to see Boro moved .. particularly after the interview which likely gained him status with Melnyk and Dorion.
Ceci ... they should trade by the TDL or sooner for the best return they can get.

Sore thumbs
Ryan .. well his contract is going to stick out like a sore thumb .. I am sure Melnyk will try to move him but .. not likely.
Smith.. I'd keep him in the bottom 6. He can win draws but does not help other than that in the top 6.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Harpur and McCormick would both have to clear Waivers before being assigned to Belleville .....
Chlapik and Wolanin do not.

As per usual, you try to spin anything and everything into an anti Melnyk take .......... your act is so transparent and tiresome......... this was one of your weakest attempts though, as most people know that having to clear waivers is the most determining factor, in similar situations, in all franchises every year around this time.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Formenton and Chabot, I could see but I don't think the rest of those guys have been better than Chlapik. I'd say at minimum Chlapik and Dzingel have been around the same level.

Do we keep Chlapik up in the top 9 and move Smith to the 4th line and move White to Belleville? Maybe not a bad way to solve it. I would not want Chlapik playing that 7 or so minutes on the 4th line. If they keep Smith around they should move him down the lineup or play him at wing on the 3rd line.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Harpur and McCormick would both have to clear Waivers before being assigned to Belleville .....
Chlapik and Wolanin do not.

As per usual, you try to spin anything and everything into an anti Melnyk take .......... your act is so transparent and tiresome......... this was one of your weakest attempts though, as most people know that having to clear waivers is the most determining factor, in similar situations, in all franchises every year around this time.
The chances of either player being claimed is zero.

Reactions: derriko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad