GDT: Sens @ Habs | Pre-season finale | Sat. Sept. 28th 7PM

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Stone >>> Pacioretty
vs
Brannstrom <<< Suzuki
Lindberg <<< Tatar

Can someone explain me how this trade happen?

The same reason that Hoffman got traded for Boedker...Pierre Dorion. Either the sens have the worst pro scouts in the league or Dorion is easily out negotiated and can be sold a bag of magic beans.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brown showed me more than Batherson this preseason. I found Batherson heavy footed. He made a couple nice subtle plays but we need more than that out of him. Brannstrom was ok but just. I don't see an upgrade with him over Lajoie. He is undersized , and adjusting to the step up in speed, which he's had an advantage with up to now. I think Brannstrom will be sent down within a month. If it was up to me he'd go down now and I'd keep Goloubef as the 7th D and play Hainsey on the Left. The whole works of them could be sent down but that's not going to happen. My guess is all 3 make it to start. Abramov ran out of runway with his injury. He'll go down. Chlapik didn't have the camp he had last year. He'll go down.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The same reason that Hoffman got traded for Boedker...Pierre Dorion. Either the sens have the worst pro scouts in the league or Dorion is easily out negotiated and can be sold a bag of magic beans.

They got one more year of prime years out of Pacioretty by making the trade before the season started.

The reality of it is that Dorion probably should have traded Stone and Duchene at the start of the season rather than the TDL in order to maximize the return.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They got one more year of prime years out of Pacioretty by making the trade before the season started.

The reality of it is that Dorion probably should have traded Stone and Duchene at the start of the season rather than the TDL in order to maximize the return.
Karlsson was traded with the extra year .. he didn't fair any better. And he was dealing one of the best players in the league.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Balcers before he got hurt was better than both of them

Kind of. He made some smart plays with the puck and handled the puck well but he played a perimeter game. His lack of grit is noticeable and other players with smaller frames like Ennis, scherway, pageau and abramov displayed a lot more grit.

I can see an argument being made for Balcers outplaying Batherson and Brown. But I disagree. I think he had a comparable pre season and at most was marginally better than those two.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Karlsson was traded with the extra year .. he didn't fair any better. And he was dealing one of the best players in the league.

No extension for Karlsson however.

I'm not saying that we got a great return on Stone, I'm just saying that comparing "Pacioretty to Vegas" to "Stone to Vegas" isn't really fair.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kind of. He made some smart plays with the puck and handled the puck well but he played a perimeter game. His lack of grit is noticeable and other players with smaller frames like Ennis, scherway, pageau and abramov displayed a lot more grit.

I can see an argument being made for Balcers outplaying Batherson and Brown. But I disagree. I think he had a comparable pre season and at most was marginally better than those two.
Balcers met expectations. I expected more out of Batherson and a little more out of Brown

Reactions: SensFactor

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Brannstrom has not looked bad. He could use more seasoning but could also easily play in the N right now.

it doesn’t really matter who starts, they all can be sent down and up at will

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The whole lot of Brown Batherson and Branstrom ,should be sent down...They havent shown anywhere near enough to crack an nhl roster...But seeing as PD and crew have assembled an AHL team they are still here....

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Balcers met expectations. I expected more out of Batherson and a little more out of Brown

Fair enough. The point was that with a few roster spots open for prospects I expected better from all of the prospects. I expected an actual competition and what we got was who had a good enough performance. I thought we would have seen more from Batherson and Brown as well as Formenton, Norris, Davidsson, Paul and Abramov. I don't like Balcers as a player just like Tierney so they have to do a lot more to impress me. So I personally think Batherson aud Brown did enough to make the team I would have liked to have seen more but I don't think they were outplayed by anyone else competing for spots.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Man has this pre-season ever been a bummer

Brown has looked just okay
Batherson has been invisible
Brannstrom has looked bad

All our top prospects look like they need more seasoning
Not necessarily a bad thing. The team has loads of time before they will be able to compete.

Just need that top 3 pick this year.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Who earned a spot over them? Sure they could have shown a bit more but it isn't like anyone else competing for spots performed any better.

Chlapik > Brown

If we keep Batherson it should be just till Balcers comes back

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Fair enough. The point was that with a few roster spots open for prospects I expected better from all of the prospects. I expected an actual competition and what we got was who had a good enough performance. I thought we would have seen more from Batherson and Brown as well as Formenton, Norris, Davidsson, Paul and Abramov. I don't like Balcers as a player just like Tierney so they have to do a lot more to impress me. So I personally think Batherson aud Brown did enough to make the team I would have liked to have seen more but I don't think they were outplayed by anyone else competing for spots.
Maybe not but they were still a little underwhelming imo. I want to see them break the door down and own a spot .. nobody did that.
I found the prospects stood out more last year than this year. Lajoie had a great camp. Chlapik had a very good camp. Abramov had a very good camp this year but unfortunately was hurt and ran out of runway to make a bigger impression in games. I think Batherson was handed quite a bit and he did not run with it, where as Brown was put in a tougher spot and often not in position to show his best traits. If Batherson was in a competition he would have lost it. Balcers is not at the same level as Brown and Batherson. We are not looking at Brown and Batherson as 3rd liners whereas .. that's a good spot for Balcers. Paul had a chance and did not prove he belonged. Norris and Formenton were cut early. Formenton can be very impressive as well. Like Duclair his speed is game breaking. He usually stands out, but he needs time to polish his game. Davidsson was pretty invisible. Overall very disappointing year for the prospects to show their stuff imo.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m just popping in to say that JPG was terrible this game, especially overtime, but man, what’s up with him?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The kids had a rough camp. I see glimpses of Brown and Brann looking close to connecting on plays. Development can happen in the NHL too. I recall thinking Dzingle was useless and he developed over 1.5 seasons in the NHL. He had 3G in 2015 and 14 in 2016 before 20+ in 2017&2018.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

coming off a bad season and unsure of whether he’d recover to form from his injury, and a pending UFA when traded, but hey, let’s not let context get in the way of the wave....

anyways, I agree about Bath, I barely notice him compared to brown, he should he sent down. Brown has been better, Abramov has been better.

pageau.... uhg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad