GDT: Sens @ Habs | Pre-season finale | Sat. Sept. 28th 7PM

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think this is the first year since like 2000 I am not going to get a CI/Gamecenter package (which is how I watch the Ottawa Senators).

I could always change my mind of course, but I just feel like I don't really care enough to fork over the money to watch not just the Sens, but NHL hockey in general.

There must be other ways! I swear I think I read it somewhere....

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't pretend to be well-versed in this, but the counter I've heard to this point is that the truly bad teams are typically among the first eliminated, which gives them more runway than middle-ground teams to accumulate points. It doesn't seem close to a perfect system, but any system that actively encourages fans to cheer against their teams, like the one we've got now, seems a bit more broken to me.

That's an entirely fair criticism, yeah.

I think, more than anything, is that the model we're talking about... if the aim is to reduce abuse of the system or de-incentivise teams from "gaming the system" - it doesn't succeed, and may in fact make that worse.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
There must be other ways! I swear I think I read it somewhere....

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro I honestly just don’t enjoy watching streams. I think it’ll be rare I fire up a stream. If I decided to do that I’d just buy gamecenter instead.

Like I said maybe the bug will finally hit me by tomorrow or maybe later this week/month but my hockey bug is non existent. I skipped playing beer league too this year. Maybe do some hot yoga instead. :D

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro I honestly just don’t enjoy watching streams. I think it’ll be rare I fire up a stream. If I decided to do that I’d just buy gamecenter instead.

Like I said maybe the bug will finally hit me by tomorrow or maybe later this week/month but my hockey bug is non existent. I skipped playing beer league too this year. Maybe do some hot yoga instead. :D

Go splits with 3 guys for gamecenter. $68 each. I do that every year, much easier on the wallet.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
IMO only the bottom 5 teams should participate in the lottery. The worse you finish the better your odds. Everyone else gets ranked as to where they finish.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think this is the first year since like 2000 I am not going to get a CI/Gamecenter package (which is how I watch the Ottawa Senators).

I could always change my mind of course, but I just feel like I don't really care enough to fork over the money to watch not just the Sens, but NHL hockey in general.

Ah man, the direct withdrew my payment weeks ago in August!

noticed on the credit card and was like WTF?!?! I go through this every year, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad