Low Effort GDT Sens @ Habs 7:00pm, October 4 - @TSN

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Random thoughts:

Kastelic needs to be on the team.

The Sabourin misconduct was garbage.

Defense looks way better without Zaitsev, addition by substraction. This is exactly the six I’d start with.

I absolutely love our third line. Has to be one of the best we’ve had since?
For some reason Vermette comes to mind. But I wasn’t a Sens fan then.

Once Formenton comes back it might have some Vermette vibes. Vermette really looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

Motte has looked like Chris Kelly this preseason though. One of my favourite Sens fourth lines ever.

Timmy likes to hold onto the puck but thats hard to do when your line mates are Debrincat and Giroux. They will figure out something that works for them in time.

Flip Norris and Jimmy. Norris doesn’t need touches.

Branny and Holden looks simple and works.

I agree. It has nice to see Branny with a partner who plays a safe, simple game and allows Brannstrom to do his thing while also usually making himself available to receive a pass.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
From what I have seen so far, this is what my lineup would be

DeBrincat - Stutzle - Giroux
Joseph - Pinto - Batherson
Tkachuk - Norris - Motte

PP1 - DeBrincat / Pinto / Giroux / Brannstrom / Sanderson
PP2 - Who ever is left

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Tkachuk - Norris - Motte

PP2 - Who ever is left

Tkachuk and Norris suck without Batherson.

I do like the idea of having three scoring lines though.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa

Tkachuk - Norris - Motte

PP2 - Who ever is left
Not sure I would touch that Pinto line or at least not at this point

Reactions: JungleBeat

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Just tucked in to watch this game, go through the first period and intermission, and the SN Now dropped the game completely from the app.

Gone…. Then a highlight showed up with score spoilers.

What the serious f***?!?

Does SN only have the rights to show TSN games live or something?

No excuse for services to get shittier than they were before.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Just tucked in to watch this game, go through the first period and intermission, and the SN Now dropped the game completely from the app.

What the serious f***?!?

I always try to pvr games if I can’t watch them in real time. I understand you used the app, unfortunately. It sucks, I know the feeling bro. Sorry that happened.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I always try to pvr games if I can’t watch them in real time. I understand you used the app, unfortunately. It sucks, I know the feeling bro. Sorry that happened.
Yeah I watch it on the PlayStation. I don’t have a cable provider so I don’t think I can Pvr :(

Thanks for the condolences man, at least we won :)

Reactions: Union2017
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

What the serious f***?!?

"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem"
- Gabe Newell

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think the team will look a little different when the season starts, but these games are certainly entertaining.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Why does it keep coming up an error occurred during the recorder, please check your receiver when i try to pvr from bell fibe on my phone.

f***, that at least twice now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I haven't watched any pre-season game, but from what I'm reading here basically players who aren't familiar with DJ's system (D-Cat, Giroux, Sanderson, Pinto, Motte) have played well, and the others have sucked so far?
Add Joseph, Hamonic and Brannstrom to that list. But basically yeah. Been strange but it is pre season.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

What the serious f***?!?

I'm livid about this right now, same exact scenario over here

Reactions: Ice-Tray

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tkachuk - Norris - DeBrincat
Formenton - Stutzle -Giroux
Motte - Kastelic - Watson/Brassard/Gambrell

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Brannstrom - Holden/Zaitsev

Forsberg - Talbot/Hellberg

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
DeBrincat - Brassard - Giroux
Formenton - Stutzle - Pinto
Motte - Kastelic - Joseph/Watson/Gambrell

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
They played well with Joseph.

I'd like to see

Debrincat Pinto Giroux
Tkachuk Norris Joseph
Motte Stutzle Batherson
Kelly Kastlic Watson
Brassard Gambrel
True they did. I find Joseph to be underrated as a play driver, which is what Norris and Tkachuk need. I like the idea of developing them as a hard matchups line. Norris and Joseph are already two of our best defensive player and Brady has shown flashes and is always a pain to play against.

And big fan of those lines. Eventually we slot in Greig with Stutzle-Batherson and oh boy. We will feast.

Berri UQAM

Apr 15, 2022
[Edit: For context, I am replying to a previous post that mentioned Xhekaj, but I lost the link to that post.]

I watched segments of Montreal's games against Winnipeg and Toronto, and Xhekaj seemed to have some cringey moments in both of those games.

In the Winnipeg game, he gave the puck away late in the third. Winnipeg kept control of the puck, Dadonov sort of recovered the puck for Montreal, but didn't protect it well, allowing Lambert (I think) to score for Winnipeg.

About two minutes later Xhekaj gave the puck away again and lost his stick on the same play. Winnipeg kept the puck in the Montreal end continuously for about a minute after that giveaway, although there were a couple of stoppages in play during this time. Schmidt scored before Montreal could regain possession.

In the Toronto game, Xhekaj made another turnover that led to a goal. On top of that, he and Barron ended up in the same corner of the defensive zone multiple times, blowing their coverage. Then, at the end of the game, with the score essentially out of reach, Xhekaj took a seemingly needless penalty and Toronto scored on the ensuing power play.

On top of all this stuff, he was on the ice for a couple of other Winnipeg and Toronto goals, but these goals were not the result of a mistake that I noticed.

I was mostly distracted during tonight's game, but he seemed to be more responsible defensively, as far as I could tell, although he was still on the ice for two of Ottawa's goals.

Despite the events that I described above, I still view Xhekaj as a prospect who can become a valuable NHL player. In any case, I expect that he will play some regular season games for the Habs this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodzilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad