Low Effort GDT Sens @ Habs 7:00pm, October 4 - @TSN

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
We are going to score plenty of goals it's prventing goals against that will be the problem & needs to be worked on & improved throughout the yr.
More the reason I'd rather we lock up Zub over DeBrincat. DeBrincat will also bring in a nice haul if he hits at least 30+30. Zub will walk for nothing while being an essential cog in our machine
I feel like this addition in the offseason might've been the biggest one. Respected front office guy coming from a winning franchise like Pittsburgh must be a real breath of fresh air for this management team. Just getting an outside perspective on things has likely been huge and also taking a lot of stress and work off of Dorion.

Front office looks confident and solid right now, which is absolutely shocking to say the least.

You love to see it. Haven't felt this way about management getting things done properly since the mid 2000's
Was McGuire a EM hire?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Really ? Did you not step outside yesterday ?
signal-2022-10-05-121849_002_50.jpeg
I hear he is a shadow of his former self!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
More the reason I'd rather we lock up Zub over DeBrincat. DeBrincat will also bring in a nice haul if he hits at least 30+30. Zub will walk for nothing while being an essential cog in our machine

Was McGuire a EM hire?
We won’t let Zub walk for nothing, no worries there.

It looks like DBC is being extended regardless. We definitely didn’t make that trade to turn around and flip him elsewhere, and he says he doesn’t like moving around, so he will undoubtably be motivated to sign long term here as well.

We’ll likely end up with both signed :)

Yes, McGuire was a direct EM hire.

Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

It looks like DBC is being extended regardless. We definitely didn’t make that trade to turn around and flip him elsewhere, and he says he doesn’t like moving around, so he will undoubtably be motivated to sign long term here as well.

If Zub goes to FA I bet we keep him unless we are out of it at TDL.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I think we will sign both players but I would not be shocked to lose one of them. Debrincat might prefer to play in the USA near his or his wife’s family. Zub does not likely have that tie.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If Zub goes to FA I bet we keep him unless we are out of it at TDL.
I think it depends on the return.

We could find another body and recoup the assets, if the returns look significant, like first.

Zub is a good defender, but he is replaceable if he doesn’t want to stay

I think we will sign both players but I would not be shocked to lose one of them. Debrincat might prefer to play in the USA near his or his wife’s family. Zub does not likely have that tie.
The leak that the team is talking extension kind of makes me think that the other side is open to it in my opinion.

These leaks seem to come from the players side.

Reactions: Yak

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

We could find another body and recoup the assets, if the returns look significant, like first.

The leak that the team is talking extension kind of makes me think that the other side is open to it in my opinion.

If we are in the hunt at TDL we will be adding not subtracting. Dorion’s job is on the line. Screw the future save the paycheque.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Nope. Not a chance. If we're in the playoff hunt at TDL, we're not trading Zub for futures. That would send all the wrong signals to the team and reverse all the good Dorion has done this summer. Even if that means losing Zub for nothing. This is not NHL23. Those trades don't happen in real life. When will people learn that "asset management" isn't everything?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

We can barely find 1 RD.... Zero chance Zub is moved

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Eh, we shall see. Personally I think Zub gets signed, but I can definitely see what you guys are saying.

The fact that he isn’t signed yet means that the hard deadline hasn’t been met. Like Brady, you want to see the guys signed before the season starts by the latest.

If not, good chance he is gone, unless he wants to see how the team gels or something before committing.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Nope. Not a chance. If we're in the playoff hunt at TDL, we're not trading Zub for futures. That would send all the wrong signals to the team and reverse all the good Dorion has done this summer. Even if that means losing Zub for nothing. This is not NHL23. Those trades don't happen in real life. When will people learn that "asset management" isn't everything?
Asset Management does not exclude signing or trading Zub.

• Wow
Reactions: Maple Leaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad