Low Effort GDT Sens @ Habs 7:00pm, October 4 - @TSN

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
You're just gonna ignore how he was the best player on the ice last Saturday I guess uh?
I didn't watch Saturday's game. Not everybody watches pre-season hockey on their Saturday nights. I did hear he was good in that game, which is why I said "his first 2 games", because he played 2 games before Saturday.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Does anyone have any idea why Xhekaj is basically spelled backwards? I have no idea what nationality it is. And it seems so strange that a silent letter at the front doesn't result in a "he" sound to start, but the last letter followed by the penultimate "ja".
His dad is Albanian from Kosovo. Albanians have weird spelling of their last names sometime. I’m from Croatia/Bosnia so Kastelic sounds very normal to me lol

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Brannstrom was lights out Saturday but today he was just ok...I think our D zone structure needs some work...too many guys blowing coverages...defensemen and forwards

Reactions: Alex1234

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Brady and Chabot told Dorion to do his job better after last season, maybe Dorion should return the suggestion

Our D zone structure has needed work since DJ was hired.
I thought the structure looked decent when 72, 2, 7, 9 and 19 weren’t on the ice.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
His dad is Albanian from Kosovo. Albanians have weird spelling of their last names sometime. I’m from Croatia/Bosnia so Kastelic sounds very normal to me lol
Wouldn't Kastelic be "Kastel - ich" over there instead of "Kastel - ick" like they normally pronounce it here? Or am I miss remembering how the commentators pronounce it?

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I always cringe when someone calls another country's spelling or culture "weird". Why is it weird to you? Is it weird because it's different? Albania and Bosnia/Croatia have completely different cultures and language, so perhaps that spelling has a certain meaning in Albanian? No need to call it weird to impress these Canadians.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Union2017

Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Wouldn't Kastelic be "Kastel - ich" over there instead of "Kastel - ick" like they normally pronounce it here? Or am I miss remembering how the commentators pronounce it?
Correct. It’s not written as “ch” but as “ć” but it pronounces as “ch”. A lots of people (myself included when I moved to Canada 25 years ago) just write it as “ic “ without adding the “h”. :)

I always cringe when someone calls another country's spelling or culture "weird". Why is it weird to you? Is it weird because it's different? Albania and Bosnia/Croatia have completely different cultures and language, so perhaps that spelling has a certain meaning in Albanian? No need to call it weird to impress these Canadians.
I was not trying to insult anyone or any culture. Or impress anyone. You need to stop jumping to stupid conclusions like that. And I am one of “those Canadians”. I accepted “that Canadian “ culture and society. And, yes, it feels weird that spelling to me. Because it’s not usual. Maybe unusual is better word. Happy now?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Weird ≠ bad, inferior, wrong etc

In this context all I mean is "different than anything I am familiar with"

Reactions: Union2017

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Only pre-season so I assume some of what I saw will improve but my thoughts ;

- Defensive structure is still ass, game shouldnt be that close against a lineup that weak.
- Sanderson looked solid, joined the rush, had a couple weird passes and got caught focusing on the puck on Suzuki but overall I thought he was very good along the boards and smart with his puck movement.
- Brannstrom looked decent I thought, moved the puck well.

- Chabot coasting, probably pre-season but he has looked meh. Pinches at weird times and got caught.
- First line was average, probably pre-season again. Batherson looks like the best on that line yet again, I am really not a fan of Norris' puck distribution, I am gonna sound like a broken record with that but it annoys me. I really think Pinto can become the better player.
- Giroux and Debrincat looked good, nasty on the PP. I have been very impressed by Giroux, gives me Alfie vibes at times, so smart and his puck possession is great, finds lanes easily.
- Stutzle seems a bit out of it but last year he had a meh pre-season and played well to start I thought.

I am reading twitter and stuff and I dont get why Xhekaj is such a topic. He obviously has good tools and is a project but I watched their last 2 games and he is always out of position chasing for hits and is slow a lot of times. They can play him it shouldnt be a concern actually.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

- Defensive structure is still ass, game shouldnt be that close against a lineup that weak.
- Sanderson looked solid, joined the rush, had a couple weird passes and got caught focusing on the puck on Suzuki but overall I thought he was very good along the boards and smart with his puck movement.

- Chabot coasting, probably pre-season but he has looked meh. Pinches at weird times and got caught.
- First line was average, probably pre-season again. Batherson looks like the best on that line yet again, I am really not a fan of Norris' puck distribution, I am gonna sound like a broken record with that but it annoys me. I really think Pinto can become the better player.
- Giroux and Debrincat looked good, nasty on the PP. I have been very impressed by Giroux, gives me Alfie vibes at times, so smart and his puck possession is great, finds lanes easily.
- Stutzle seems a bit out of it but last year he had a meh pre-season and played well to start I thought.

I am reading twitter and stuff and I dont get why Xhekaj is such a topic. He obviously has good tools and is a project but I watched their last 2 games and he is always out of position chasing for hits and is slow a lot of times. They can play him it shouldnt be a concern actually.
He's a topic because in his first two preseason games against us he injured 3 sens players. One a season ender, and two an indefinite amount of time.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He's a topic because in his first two preseason games against us he injured 3 sens players. One a season ender, and two an indefinite amount of time.

rookie camp wasnt it?

Despite the goal he wasnt very noticeable, which i guess is good for a d in the role hes trying to play? idk lol

Union2017

Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Weird ≠ bad, inferior, wrong etc

In this context all I mean is "different than anything I am familiar with"

Correct. I should’ve said “unusual “ so it would be easier to understand. But I did it to impress you, according to him. Oh well….

:m-dance:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I mean Habs are one of those teams where their AHL squad is only marginally worse than their NHL, so their lineup isn't THAT WEAK.

1664936357695.png

Reactions: Dionysus

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Correct. It’s not written as “ch” but as “ć” but it pronounces as “ch”. A lots of people (myself included when I moved to Canada 25 years ago) just write it as “ic “ without adding the “h”. :)

I was not trying to insult anyone or any culture. Or impress anyone. You need to stop jumping to stupid conclusions like that. And I am one of “those Canadians”. I accepted “that Canadian “ culture and society. And, yes, it feels weird that spelling to me. Because it’s not usual. Maybe unusual is better word. Happy now?
It's not weird, it's different. Stop being insulting

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3