Low Effort GDT Sens @ Habs 7:00pm, October 4 - @TSN

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I would not mind seeing DCat Pinto Giroux.
I would leave the Norris line together for now and move Stutzle down.
Formenton would be nice to get back on that 3rd line if they move Stutzle down.

It just seems Stutzle doesn't have the puck as much between DCat and Giroux .. and those two are showing really good chemistry.

Its early so staying patient could pay dividends in a bit as well.
Norris line has to pick it up. I think Tkachuk and Batherson lost 2-3 2 on 1 battles for the puck down low in the ozone. That should not happen. Time to get going here.

Sanderson is adjusting quickly. He is going to be great.

The biggest issue with this is you know Pinto will put up incredible numbers with 12 and 28. That likely means we can't keep Pinto long term, or that we have to get rid of other pieces to make him fit. It's a good problem to have but at the same time they should give the best teammates to Stutzle who just signed a 8M$ contract. Keep Pinto on the 3rd line for now, he'll be great no matter what and already has chemistry with Joseph and Motte. I actually think it could be great for Stutzle to develop and learn how to use his teammates more efficiently.

Having Pinto on that 3rd line also means a great faceoff guy on the shutdown line. If you put Stutzle on that 3rd line it means that we have no good faceoff guy there.

I totally agree with the idea by the way. Stutzle is playing with the puck on his stick and making a lot happen by himself. I could totally see him do great with Joseph and Motte or Formenton. Two fast guys who can retrieve the puck. Bigger picture though, I'm not sure if it's the best plan.

If Pinto had a deal in place then I would be on board with that for sure.

Reactions: Emrasie

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The biggest issue with this is you know Pinto will put up incredible numbers with 12 and 28. That likely means we can't keep Pinto long term, or that we have to get rid of other pieces to make him fit. It's a good problem to have but at the same time they should give the best teammates to Stutzle who just signed a 8M$ contract. Keep Pinto on the 3rd line for now, he'll be great no matter what and already has chemistry with Joseph and Motte. I actually think it could be great for Stutzle to develop and learn how to use his teammates more efficiently.

Having Pinto on that 3rd line also means a great faceoff guy on the shutdown line. If you put Stutzle on that 3rd line it means that we have no good faceoff guy there.

I totally agree with the idea by the way. Stutzle is playing with the puck on his stick and making a lot happen by himself. I could totally see him do great with Joseph and Motte or Formenton. Bigger picture though, I'm not sure if it's the best plan.

If Pinto had a deal in place then I would be on board with that for sure.

We spent all of last season complaining about Stutzle not having the benefit of good wingers, so we go out and sign a couple. Meanwhile, after couple of pre-season games people are already talking about moving him to the 3rd line.

This was two weeks ago:

Only in Ottawa is our shiny toy outshined by a shinier slightly newer toy.

Pinto missed most of last season so let's set expectations a bit lower and see how his conditioning holds up over the slog.

Last edited:

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I know its preseason... yada yada yada .... but the defense and goaltending are not looking good. In five of the six pre season games we've given up 4 or more goals. We gave up 4 last night with pretty much our regular season roster versus half a Montreal roster.

I am just as excited for Sanderson as the next guy and pretty happy with some of the plays we've seen from Lassi and Brannstrom, but we are giving up way too many goals - regardless of who is in net.

We currently have a team GAA of 4.16. Does this not concern anyone else?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I know its preseason... yada yada yada .... but the defense and goaltending are not looking good. In five of the six pre season games we've given up 4 or more goals. We gave up 4 last night with pretty much our regular season roster versus half a Montreal roster.

I am just as excited for Sanderson as the next guy and pretty happy with some of the plays we've seen from Lassi and Brannstrom, but we are giving up way too many goals - regardless of who is in net.

We currently have a team GAA of 4.16. Does this not concern anyone else?
Not yet. Chabot and Zub were a step below pedestrian but I imagine they will ramp up.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I didn't know Nick Paul was in town.
Really ? Did you not step outside yesterday ?
signal-2022-10-05-121849_002_50.jpeg

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
the giroux-debrincat link-up is so juicy

still half in disbelief we managed to pick up both those guys
You can tell that everytime G dishes to Debrincat and he buries he's like "f*** me this kid is good"

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Just saw the highlights. Man on that Savard goal (second for the habs), really wish Batherson would have stepped up and layed out Savard instead of trying for a cute steal, getting walked, directly resulting to the goal against. Hopefully he plays with a bit more jam in regular season.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Is it just me or has our pro-scouting been surprisingly...good this past year?

Nabbing Joseph from Tampa looks to have been a smart move, Motte's been impressive and Holden and Hamonic have both been solid in their roles.

(Plus Debrincat and Giroux have been great, but those are no-brainers).

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Is it just me or has our pro-scouting been surprisingly...good this past year?

Nabbing Joseph from Tampa looks to have been a smart move, Motte's been impressive and Holden and Hamonic have both been solid in their roles.

(Plus Debrincat and Giroux have been great, but those are no-brainers).

they basically went from one end of the pro scouting spectrum to the other. Massive turn around.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
To my knowledge one of the pro scouts from Pittsburgh is our AGM now right ? Basically took over McGuires role

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
To my knowledge one of the pro scouts from Pittsburgh is our AGM now right ? Basically took over McGuires role

I feel like this addition in the offseason might've been the biggest one. Respected front office guy coming from a winning franchise like Pittsburgh must be a real breath of fresh air for this management team. Just getting an outside perspective on things has likely been huge and also taking a lot of stress and work off of Dorion.

Front office looks confident and solid right now, which is absolutely shocking to say the least.

You love to see it. Haven't felt this way about management getting things done properly since the mid 2000's

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We are going to score plenty of goals it's prventing goals against that will be the problem & needs to be worked on & improved throughout the yr.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Pinto is a rookie. Centering our shutdown line while playing bumper on a top PP, is living the dream for the kid.

We don’t have to worry about him not getting enough to keep him happy, he’s still got a lot to prove before the tables turn.

Having said that, we look like we have a legit line to play against other team’s top lines, that isn’t one of our top 2 lines. It also looks like that line is a real threat to score as well.

We are going to be a nightmare to play against on some nights once again, but this time we’re chock full of scoring threats to boot!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00