Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Monday 1 pm

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Are there "Stat holidays" for all the States or is it just the winter ones, etc.?
Anyway, Bruins decimated by injury, two points in the bag.

I actually have no idea who gets it off. It might be just federal employees and banks is my guess. I know everyone here is working and classes are still happening.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What exactly are you referring to when you are talking about offensive skills, White isn't necessarily the flashiest guy but he does have skill, maybe not high end skill but he sees the ice very well. What will make White successful in the NHL is his skating, his understanding of the game and his ability to play in traffic. He wont wow you very often but he should yield results. I'm not sold on White as a top 6 player yet either but at the very least I can see him as a player you can move up the lineup in a jam. Give him some time. He is just starting his second year of pro hockey, let him get his feet wet. He is still classified as a rookie btw, only 23 games of NHL experience prior to this season.

I suppose that the poster was using massive hyperbole with "no offensive skills" but he's right on one thing though, is that we'll have better options for the top-6 : Stone, Duchene, Dzingel (if they're kept), Tkachuk, Brown, Batherson, Chlapik, Ryan (until gone), Boedker? (until gone), maybe even Pageau, Formenton, Balcers, Norris and other forward prospects that just started developing.

Point is we don't really need White to end up as a top-6 player.

Condon gets his 1st start.

He's gonna be one to watch this year.

Was his run all a mirage? Is he just another below average backup or is he the 1b guy we saw for half a season?

He had a very good start with the Sens and IMO that's the reason why many people thought he was a good 1B that season

4-1-1, 1.77 GAA, 0.943% in his first 7 games

Because he had very mediocre numbers the rest of the way :

15-13-5, 2.64 GAA, 0.908%

These numbers would have been very bad if it wasn't for those 2 small sequences :

2-2-0, 1.77 GAA, 0.940% in January
2-1-1, 1.69 GAA, 0.950% in March

My thoughts is that he is an average/below average back-up who helped the team survive (19-14-6) while Andy was away. Outside of that very good start and 2 small stretches in the season, he wasn't that good. And he was even worse last year and made Andy look very good with playing the puck outside of his net, which is weird to say.

He's 28 years old right now which is the prime years for a goalie so there's hoping he is a solid back-up this season and post a 0.915-0.920 SV%, that would really help.

This is going to be a tough game. Boston home opener, 1pm start and Condon in net. I like Condon, but something tells me perhaps we should have taken the chance on Curtis McElhanney after the leafs let him go.

Nope, because Dorion painted himself in the corner with Condon with a too long expensive contract, the same way he did with Burrows, Anderson and even Smith (I'd say that the cap hit is fine but go 2-3 years max with aging bot-6 players)

I’ll keep going with these until they stop working lol....

So far, predictions have included a White multi point night, followed by a Chabot multi point night. Today, perhaps less “ballsy”, I predict Tkachuk ignites something with Marchand and the game is high in penalty minutes.

Go Sens Go!

Stop toying with us and predict a Cup win already. Thank you.

Reactions: hawthy

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Oh good, apparently I wasn't the only one.

No offence intended to our American posters on here... but I was once asked if we also celebrate the 4th of July in Canada. So... While I know American Thanksgiving is in November, I feel no embarassement not realizing it was Columbus day for you guys today :)

Go Sens !

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk and Duchene looked good together
I agree but over how long of a time?
He’s been playing with Stone all preseason and they’ve looked really good together. They also have a good relationship as Tkachuk lives with him and will be all year.
Mark has been his mentor on and off the ice right from the start.

Dzingel-Duchene-Boedker
Tkachuk-Smith-Stone
Formenton-Teirney-Ryan

Is our best chance IMO

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Is Max expected to play???I only ask because I think he is a better option in the bottom 6 than Carey,also we might need his grit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
No offence intended to our American posters on here... but I was once asked if we also celebrate the 4th of July in Canada. So... While I know American Thanksgiving is in November, I feel no embarassement not realizing it was Columbus day for you guys today :)

Go Sens !
well I hope you t0ld him only if it falls on a Friday or Saturday night

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
What channel is this on? Just regional? NHL site isn't being very helpful on my phone

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I agree but over how long of a time?
He’s been playing with Stone all preseason and they’ve looked really good together. They also have a good relationship as Tkachuk lives with him and will be all year.
Mark has been his mentor on and off the ice right from the start.

Dzingel-Duchene-Boedker
Tkachuk-Smith-Stone
Formenton-Teirney-Ryan

Is our best chance IMO
So why do they have Tkachuk on the first line?

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Happy thanksgiving everyone. I'm still filled with a bit of dread before each game as i expect a depressing outcome. I definitely get the idea of wanting consistency to establish chemistry, its a valid way to go. But i cant help but feel that at this moment, the more important idea is establishing internal competition for ice time. Guaranteeing a rookie top line time just for the sake of chemistry starts to veer towards giving people time they havent yet earned. In this first 10 games of the season, a time of roster flux and experimenting, im willing to forgo the chemistry establishment for a little bit longer anyway.

Find a way Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad