Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Monday 1 pm

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Was his run all a mirage?
He's a solid backup goaltender. He was hung out to dry last year. He has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove this year.

4-2 Ottawa win. I'm calling it. Tkachuk looks good, and nets an assist.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's a solid backup goaltender. He was hung out to dry last year. He has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove this year.

He definitely has something to prove, looked really sharp in preseason. I think there is a solid chance he outperforms Andy this season.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
i would rather ryan not slow down duchene tbh

if we are playing ryan with one of our big forwards it should stone

If your worried about foot speed, then don't pair Ryan with Stone. Ryan needs speedy guys on his wings.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Wouldn't mind seeing:

Dzingel - Duchene - Boedker
Tkachuk - Smith - Stone
Formenton- Tierney - White
Paajarvi - Pyatt - Ryan

Last edited:

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I think there is a solid chance he outperforms Andy this season.

That would be a great problem for Ottawa to have. If you can throw in Tkachuk playing up to his potential within the first half of the season, then Ottawa will have some pretty good "problems" that most teams will envy them for.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ya it's a shame he gets nhl Time must suck for him.

If white is more noticible he might move up

Uhhhh..

So he has his best game as a Senator, puts up a goal and an assist. His line with Stone and Smith were hands down own best.

Next game Boucher decides to switch up the lines.

What about giving him a chance to form chemistry with players? What about giving him more than a game with linemates he was succesful with?

Problem is Boucher switched the damn lines every 5 minutes. Hard to get going for a young player.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Uhhhh..

So he has his best game as a Senator, puts up a goal and an assist. His line with Stone and Smith were hands down own best.

Next game Boucher decides to switch up the lines.

What about giving him a chance to form chemistry with players? What about giving him more than a game with linemates he was succesful with?

Problem is Boucher switched the damn lines every 5 minutes. Hard to get going for a young player.
It's two games in relax. He will get chances he actually has probably been the most favoured prospect by Boucher since last year when he got to play in the top 6.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

4-2 Ottawa win. I'm calling it. Tkachuk looks good, and nets an assist.
Eh, i think that remains to be seen. He looked great 2 years ago, and while the team played poorly last year, he owns a lot of what happened when he played.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Eh, i think that remains to be seen. He looked great 2 years ago, and while the team played poorly last year, he owns a lot of what happened when he played.
Yeah, this high volume of shots type of style we have going right now is likely not going to mesh too well with a guy who has like a .907 career average. Andy cam thrive there but Condon, I have my doubts.

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Of course GB is already up to his old ways..

Hes not going to last the year if hes more focused on winning games with Zack Smith as the 2nd line center, and continues shuffling the kids around every game and/or shift (and always towards the bottom of the lineup).

Pageau is out and there absolutely no excuse not to be auditioning some of the kids there.

What happened to having a young guy on each line? After 2 games and 2pts, he's calling it a failed experiment. And now White has to try and work his way off of the 4th line playing 8 mins a game with our worst offensive forwards, as a winger. How long are we going to let this guy do that to our future? Can a leopard really change its spots?

It seems impossible that one White, Brown, or Chlapik could ever become a top 6 center on a GB coached team. Not while Duchene, Pageau, Tierney and Smith are all under contract. It's just not going going to happen unless 3 of the 4 get injured or traded.

Last edited:

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018

Boucher talks about White having a great game and then struggling the next game. Not saying he was particularly good , but Boucher changed lines where he had success, and then played him 3 shifts in the 2nd and 3rd periods with mixed and matched lines so .. if he had a bad shift or 2 in his 8 minutes in the 1st he didn't get much of a chance to redeem himself... Not an especially big deal in a game but if when a young rookie player makes a mistake and gets his ice cut immediately , especially after having a good game the game before, imo, results in a player that will be afraid to make a mistake, lose confidence and will probably be ineffective. Also if you sit on the bench and miss your rotation a couple of times you get cold.. So either you want to develop these guys or you don't and if you don't send them to Belleville. Call up Jack Rodewald and have at it.

Boston hometown he better play him.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
This is typical Guy. He will pick a few guys to mess with and let others play way more minutes than they should. He has won 1 game and sounds like all the fans are expecting auston Matthews play from Tkachuk his first game. Unfair but it will be fun to watch how he handles the Bruins.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That would be a great problem for Ottawa to have. If you can throw in Tkachuk playing up to his potential within the first half of the season, then Ottawa will have some pretty good "problems" that most teams will envy them for.

it'll be a terrible "problem" for Ottawa to have. Condon at his absolute best can post a 915 save percentage. That'd be a career year for him. If he's better than Andy then Andy is less that that and that's not going to get it done for us. we need Andy to post 925 in 55 games kind of thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad