Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Monday 1 pm

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't like that White is on the 4th line, I did like to see him centre Smith & Stone & thought they were pretty good together. Can't wait for them to trade or get rid of UFAs Pyatt, Paajarvi & Carey & replace them with our better prospects. My guess is that Formenton will eventually be returned to junior again this season to play in the WJC, to bulk up a little & improve his offensive game especially finishing on breakaways. I could also see Smith or Dzingel replaced by Chlapik a some point on LW but he needs to improve in taking faceoffs from what I have seen.

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Smith - White - Stone
Tkachuk - Tierney - Boedker
Paul - Brown - Batherson

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Give White some proper line mates and stick with it damn it.
That constant change for young players does them no good..
Vs Chi they had something .,. Change the next game,,, Change during the game... and now Change again. They are trying to figure it out and get up to speed which is hard enough without adding variations every time you turn around.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Condon gets his 1st start.

He's gonna be one to watch this year.

Was his run all a mirage? Is he just another below average backup or is he the 1b guy we saw for half a season?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Poor White. It's almost a shame that he's with Ottawa. At some point, they gotta let that kid play.
Ya it's a shame he gets nhl Time must suck for him.

If white is more noticible he might move up

Reactions: Multigrain

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
White is not a top 6 player. The sooner everyone realize the better. If he pans out, he will be nothing more than an excellent 3rd line center. He has no offensive skills, and he won't miraculously develop by putting him in the top 6. There are other players in our system who are better suited to be in the top 6.

Reactions: robsenz and DJB

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Ya it's a shame he gets nhl Time must suck for him.
Ya you’re right. I’m the very first person to bring this up. Nobody has ever commented on White being under utilized or not given more of an opportunity.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
White is not a top 6 player. The sooner everyone realize the better. If he pans out, he will be nothing more than an excellent 3rd line center. He has no offensive skills, and he won't miraculously develop by putting him in the top 6. There are other players in our system who are better suited to be in the top 6.
I will have to respectfully 100% disagree. When given the minutes, White was one of our best guys in the Chicago game.
Judging him that early, so harshly, makes absolutely no sense before he has even played a decent amount of NHL games.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I will have to respectfully 100% disagree. When given the minutes, White was one of our best guys in the Chicago game.
Judging him that early, so harshly, makes absolutely no sense before he has even played a decent amount of NHL games.

Don't get me wrong. He is NHL ready and can play in the top 6, without a doubt. How ever, he doesn't have any offensive skills, he will not be a 50-60 point player. He Is not your ideal top 2 center when it comes to productivity. The only way I see him as an effective 2nd line centre is in a shutdown role

It doesn't tale 2 full NHL seasons to realize if a player has any offensive skills or not. If even World Juniors, he showed lack of offensive skills, while putting up points. Won't gonna cut it in the NHL

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Huge stretch to say he has no offensive skills

Reactions: Multigrain

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
8 points in 25 NHL games.

27 points, in 47 games in Belleville last year ......... also a minus 17.

Those are very decent pro numbers to start a career. As for the +/-... lol. Belleville was a tire fire.

Take a look at a player like Ryan Kesler's stats early in his career.

Reactions: derriko

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
You're giving up on him way too soon dude.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Boucher talks about White having a great game and then struggling the next game. Not saying he was particularly good , but Boucher changed lines where he had success, and then played him 3 shifts in the 2nd and 3rd periods with mixed and matched lines so .. if he had a bad shift or 2 in his 8 minutes in the 1st he didn't get much of a chance to redeem himself... Not an especially big deal in a game but if when a young rookie player makes a mistake and gets his ice cut immediately , especially after having a good game the game before, imo, results in a player that will be afraid to make a mistake, lose confidence and will probably be ineffective. Also if you sit on the bench and miss your rotation a couple of times you get cold.. So either you want to develop these guys or you don't and if you don't send them to Belleville. Call up Jack Rodewald and have at it.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
normally i would complain and say swap smith and white but smith has been playing well so i dont mind white on the 4th line, i would just make one swap

Boedker-Duchene-Dzingel
Thachuk--Smith-Stone
Formenton-Tierney-Ryan
Paajarvi-Pyatt-White

but considering the bruins style of play it may also make sense to swap formenton and white. White plays more a cycle based game and formenton might be better off playing limited ice time where he can use his speed burst consistently

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Should be

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Boedker- Tierney - Formenton
Paarjvi - Smith - Pyatt

White has shown offensive skills to get top 6 minutes.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It doesn't tale 2 full NHL seasons to realize if a player has any offensive skills or not. If even World Juniors, he showed lack of offensive skills, while putting up points. Won't gonna cut it in the NHL

What exactly are you referring to when you are talking about offensive skills, White isn't necessarily the flashiest guy but he does have skill, maybe not high end skill but he sees the ice very well. What will make White successful in the NHL is his skating, his understanding of the game and his ability to play in traffic. He wont wow you very often but he should yield results. I'm not sold on White as a top 6 player yet either but at the very least I can see him as a player you can move up the lineup in a jam. Give him some time. He is just starting his second year of pro hockey, let him get his feet wet. He is still classified as a rookie btw, only 23 games of NHL experience prior to this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad