News Article: Sens Badmouthing Coaching - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I feel bad for the coach getting roasted here. Argue his performance and the performance of the coaching staff all you want but he's still a guy just trying to do his job. Must be a kick in the nuts to be publically disrespected by a bunch of kids like this.

I get that the conversation was meant to be kept private (and the driver is a massive POS for releasing this at all) but professional athletes can be more respectful to their coaches even if they don't agree with what they're selling.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but even if the crap they're saying about Raymond is true and he's not a good coach I don't think anybody deserves that. Very immature behavior from the players.

Overall this is just bad for everybody involved.

Worst things have probably been said about many other coaches when players are out together. Unfair to call out the players for this, especially within the context they find themselves in.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I don't think what the players said is a big deal, and it probably happens all the time with other guys / teams when they're not doing well. The guy who released it is a jerk, and picked a really bad time. Sorry you guys have to deal with this, when it rains it pours as they say.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Completely right.
Duchene is talking about how there is no change in there approach even if they are not doing well.
And they obviously are talking about defensive structure and PK.
Because when they talked about the PP, they seems to liked it.

What they said are all thing that we talked about here. But they are asked to play that way.. if they don't.. they probably are told to play like they are told too.

It's embarrassing that it come out like this.. but let's say they are being asked to talk about it in private with management. It could be a blessing in the sense that some thing might change.

If Duchene did not listen in 3 weeks and was still playing the way the are asked too.. it's says a lot about the coaching staff not adjusting.

These player want good coaches.. if nothing changes in that part.. Duchene will be gone.. why stay here if there is no change.
Or he has just been doing what he wants.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I have asked that question om another thread but who could be available right now?

I think if Boucher is fired, we need to find a competent experience coach who has shown to have result ASAP pr Bye bye stone and Duch.

Who could be available??

Vigneault?

Reactions: ThreePosts

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Too bad this vid is from after the Arizona game, and not the Buffalo game, we would have learned much more insight after that one.

The players really had no one to blame but themselves after the Buffalo game.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
184099.jpg

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm pretty disappointed in Duchene in the vid. It's obvious Wideman was the main instigator, with Duchene right up there. The rest of the guys are pretty tame.

Instigating what? You don't ever discuss your work/boss/management situation with colleagues? Their privacy got violated in this case.

It just brought to light what a lot of the fans knew already when they decided to stop going to the games. That this ship has too many holes to repair and the right people aren't managing it. Starting with ownership not investing into the on ice product which include both playing and non playing personnel.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Hardly an attack. My post has meaning though.. you turn everything into a anti-Melnyk theme.
The coaching staff being ridiculed is still in place because Eugene Melnyk is too cheap to pay them and hire new coaches.

Agree or disagree?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe they should have a coaches only meeting to counter the players only meeting & see what they come up with? I bet very different points of view.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Duchene will be the most embarrassed about this. Wideman is the one that could be in trouble , if any results. It wouldn't surprise me if he is the next on the Waiver list. That's partly because of his play/usage but .., this could push him over the edge. I am not sure how the brass will react to this. Maybe they will see it as nothing which it mostly is.

Reactions: gab6511

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Vigneault?
That would be the one i was thinking but from what ot says around him, he seems the same type of vetetan player's coach.

But at least, he had success. Almost always bring his team to the playoff. Went to the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad