News Article: Sens Badmouthing Coaching - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I only saw this part today:

The Uber driver was reportedly angered over a lack of a tip, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman. He began shopping the video to various reporters via Twitter, writing that the players — Matt Duchene, Thomas Chabot, Alex Formenton, Dylan DeMelo, Colin White, Chris Tierney and Chris Wideman — were “cheap entitled kids.”
Thats just sad on the part of the Uber driver....Isnt the tip already included in the price???

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah apparently there's a "part 1" of that same video that is even worse.

From the article: Patty Lalime thinks Duchene and Wideman should pay for making those comments.

"They're bad leaders, and you lose respect for them after this sort of situation."

Settle down with the hot takes bud. Literally everyone else in hockey think nothing of this except you.

This is why I have a hard time taking them seriously. Louis Jean is the guy who fabricated shit about Stone earlier this season. Lalime is the only hockey person in the world to take a stance against the players. These Habs reporters are just trying to stir the pot again. I'm waiting until I hear it from a more credible source that there's a part 1.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
This is why I have a hard time taking them seriously. Louis Jean is the guy who fabricated **** about Stone earlier this season. Lalime is the only hockey person in the world to take a stance against the players. These Habs reporters are just trying to stir the pot again. I'm waiting until I hear it from a more credible source that there's a part 1.

Renaud Lavoie is one of the top sources of information for Sens related news. He also doesn't say that there is for sure a "PArt 1" out there, only that there's a belief among hockey people that there is. It's not fair to paint him with the same brush as the other two or to call him a "Habs reporter" though.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
so according to this article on Canoe, the driver's issue had nothing to do with a lack of tip, just some nonsense about being mad he had to ferry around 7 people.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
It is common for a leader in that situation to make a statement.

It is equally common to speak through a publicist if its a sticky legal situation.

Why risk saying anything out of line making what is on tape even worse, when considering litigation?

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
They didn't put out a statement, you keep contradicting yourself.

The Ottawa Senators released a statement on Tuesday.

Look it up.

There is nothing more needed than a statement that makes it clear that such matters are behind the team.

Refusing further comment eliminates any media obligation to address it and allows the team to focus.

Sometimes it's not where you put your words in life. It's where you don't.

A good leader knows this.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
It is equally common to speak through a publicist if its a sticky legal situation.

Why risk saying anything out of line making what is on tape even worse, when considering litigation?
Is that something you are afraid of Pierre?

Three separate replies for a single post, you’re so out of touch you don’t even know how to quote users properly. No surprise to see you here, after a big loss you’ve showed up again.

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The Ottawa Senators released a statement on Tuesday.

Look it up.

There is nothing more needed than a statement that makes it clear that such matters are behind the team.

Refusing further comment eliminates any media obligation to address it and allows the team to focus.

Sometimes it's not where you put your words in life. It's where you don't.

A good leader knows this.
You aren’t a good leader Pierre. You hid in a closet and refused to make a statement, that’s why You were called out by Seravalli wondering where you were.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Close to 1000 posts, and nothing new, we can start a new thread if the mysterious part 1 every sees the light of day, until then this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad