News Article: Sens Badmouthing Coaching - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
How many years and times has it been the coaches fault in Ottawa? It always seems to be the reason. I said it from the beginning and I will say it again, as long as the mentality in the room is that loosing is funny and the players run the team things will never get better and Duchene is poison for a locker-room

the players from the "country club" lockeroom era have 100% turned over. not sure if you can use the "its been happening for years" logic here. maybe its because we keep hiring subpar coaches because thats what fits melnyk's budget?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Hate to say it, but bad mouthing your bosses is something we all have done when one on one with co-workers. He's not the boss. He's a veteran in the locker room.

If your bosses are incompetent, do you expect him to be blind about it?

He's expected to lead on and off the ice. However, if you're working for a boss that's an utter joke, what do you expect?

I've worked for bosses that didn't respect staff, and treated you like a useless crumb. You were in his high regards, if they treated you like a number.

No direction, and no communication of what was expected of you.

Sounds like the players are complaining of just this. Most people come to work, wanting to do well. Put a bad leader in place, and you'll get quite the opposite.

Duchene isn't the issue. The fish usually stinks from its head.

Completely right.
Duchene is talking about how there is no change in there approach even if they are not doing well.
And they obviously are talking about defensive structure and PK.
Because when they talked about the PP, they seems to liked it.

What they said are all thing that we talked about here. But they are asked to play that way.. if they don't.. they probably are told to play like they are told too.

It's embarrassing that it come out like this.. but let's say they are being asked to talk about it in private with management. It could be a blessing in the sense that some thing might change.

If Duchene did not listen in 3 weeks and was still playing the way the are asked too.. it's says a lot about the coaching staff not adjusting.

These player want good coaches.. if nothing changes in that part.. Duchene will be gone.. why stay here if there is no change.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
What's your take?

Chabot just joked he wasn't paying attention to the PK coach because he never ever PKs. Tierney was the guy doing the stats checking. What did they say?

My take is that the players are all in agreement that this entire organization is a joke and every single one of them would welcome a one-way ticket out of here. Can't say I blame them. At least you can golf in Arizona.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Lol I honestly don't even know if I should respond because your takes are so bad. They're all obviously in agreement about the coaching.

You mean a bunch of guys are shit talking their boss in private? No f***ing way. That has never happened ever.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Funny how the Citizen ran this post exploiting the players. But wouldn't post who wrote the article. If you are going to cause shit own up to it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How many years and times has it been the coaches fault in Ottawa? It always seems to be the reason. I said it from the beginning and I will say it again, as long as the mentality in the room is that loosing is funny and the players run the team things will never get better and Duchene is poison for a locker-room
Our GM literally "traded away" the locker room issues...according to him

If you've watched the |Sens the pat year and don't think coaching has been a problem, you're opinion means nothing to me

You seem to be missing the forest for the trees, so I'll bow out of this dialogue

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Completely right.
Duchene is talking about how there is no change in there approach even if they are not doing well.
And they obviously are talking about defensive structure and PK.
Because when they talked about the PP, they seems to liked it.

What they said are all thing that we talked about here. But they are asked to play that way.. if they don't.. they probably are told to play like they are told too.

It's embarrassing that it come out like this.. but let's say they are being asked to talk about it in private with management. It could be a blessing in the sense that some thing might change.

If Duchene did not listen in 3 weeks and was still playing the way the are asked too.. it's says a lot about the coaching staff not adjusting.

These player want good coaches.. if nothing changes in that part.. Duchene will be gone.. why stay here if there is no change.

I agree ... And I also think its just hockey players / team mates talking amoung themselves and this is not unusual in the least... Players talking about their coaches goes on all the time.. There is nothing here except embarrassment. I would not particularly like to be Marty Raymond...though.. Turning this into a "Cancer" statement is ridiculous.. or a dressing room is broken thing is also ridiculous

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Nope. This doesn't confirm anything besides the fact that he agrees with his teammates regarding the coaches.
Well sure this is plausible but he could have also lead by example I guess especially with a couple of rookies in the vehicle.

Being around this kind of thing just breeds the same attitude when something isn't going right and youngsters are probably more prone to picking up these habits than vets are.

For the record I am not defending management or the coaching staff just possibly shedding a different light on the situation lol

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Thank you.

It's obviously super embarrassing, but overall it's pretty ****ing tame.

So you still think Matt Duchene is excited about spending 8 more years here? He believes in the plan?

Or will he probably sign with a team that has a good coach and can pay him more money?

Reactions: lancepitlick

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Hate to say it, but bad mouthing your bosses is something we all have done when one on one with co-workers. He's not the boss. He's a veteran in the locker room.

If your bosses are incompetent, do you expect him to be blind about it?

He's expected to lead on and off the ice. However, if you're working for a boss that's an utter joke, what do you expect?

I've worked for bosses that didn't respect staff, and treated you like a useless crumb. You were in his high regards, if they treated you like a number.

No direction, and no communication of what was expected of you.

Sounds like the players are complaining of just this. Most people come to work, wanting to do well. Put a bad leader in place, and you'll get quite the opposite.

Duchene isn't the issue. The fish usually stinks from its head.
Agreed and with the Sens Melnyk is the putrid head.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Where were these issues when we made it to the conference final. The coaches still f***ing sucked and the players banded together with karlsson saving their ass for half an hour and Andy saving their ass for the other half hour (Not to say the boys didn’t play hard, but they got that far in spite of the coaching “

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well sure this is plausible but he could have also lead by example I guess especially with a couple of rookies in the vehicle.

Being around this kind of thing just breeds the same attitude when something isn't going right and youngsters are probably more prone to picking up these habits than vets are.

For the record I am not defending management or the coaching staff just possibly shedding a different light on the situation lol

What would you want him to say?

"Hey come on guys, don't badmouth our coaches"?

Duchene isn't Borowiecki, he can see what's wrong. Ignoring bad coaching won't fix anything.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I would agree that Wideman and Duchene were taking most of the shots at the coaching staff.

I get that employees venting and complaining about bosses is common. But Wideman and Duchene are seasoned NHLers. They know better than to talk shit in public. They are celebrities, not random cooks beaking off about a sous chef.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
it's says a lot about the coaching staff not adjusting.

That's a true sign of a coach that will never win in the NHL. All the greats had something in common. The ability to juggle, and change "on the fly". Things never go as planned in life, and hockey is no different.

Those who win, are very fast at the art of adjustment. Work with what you have. Real leaders, will get the most of what they have.

Boucher's system does not work for the team that is on the ice. Sounds to me like management that has tunnel vision, and to loosely quote Einstein: "Expect different results, trying the same thing over again"

Reactions: Vprime

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The players do need to be smarter with stuff like this. Not a whole lot of difference between someone posting the transcript of a 'private' conversation overheard onto a blog and having it take off, and having the conversation captured on video.

Don't say anything that can be used against you when someone who isn't part of the inner circle is around to hear/record it. That's the world we live in today.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
You mean a bunch of guys are **** talking their boss in private? No ****ing way. That has never happened ever.

It's a bit disappointing to see a key vet like Duchene talk shit with rookies, and IMO it says more about him than about anyone else in the car. I know it's not the same work environment, but I've never talked bad about management to less senior employees at work.

It's impossible for me to picture Alfie or Chara sitting in Duchene's spot and acting the way Duchene did here. The young guys probably would have been terrified to say those things in front of them. Kids will be kids, but teams need leadership to show them how to become pros.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thank you.

It's obviously super embarrassing, but overall it's pretty ****ing tame.
I think it’s pretty bad this is on camera. And I’m not sure what the coaches do about it. Or dorion. I mean. The pk and pp have been incompetent from the start. Never address. (It looks good this year). Change is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad