Sens attendance tracker

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It was actually freezing inside too

I have noticed that all season. Typical of couples - I like it, but my wife freezes when she comes to the CTC now. It makes for better ice, guaranteed, but I'm betting they have had a few complaints from people wondering if Euge has paid his gas bill this year...

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Thu, Oct 4 vs Chi: 15,858
Wed, Oct 10 vs Phi: 13,215
Sat, Oct 13 vs L.A.: 15,355 *matinee*
Mon, Oct 15 vs Dal: 12,358
Sat, Oct 20 vs Mtl: 18,442 -> SEASON HIGH
Tue, Oct 23 vs Bos: 15,265
Thu, Nov 1 vs Buf: 12,587
Sun, Nov 4 vs T.B.: 11,364
Tue, Nov 6 vs N.J.: 12,491
Thu, Nov 8 vs VGK: 15,213
Thu, Nov 15 vs Det: 13,402
Sat, Nov 17 vs Pit: 17,692
Mon, Nov 19 vs Fla: 11,570
Thu, Nov 29 vs NYR: 10,921 -> SEASON LOW
Sat, Dec 1 vs S.J.: 17,531 *matinee*
Thu, Dec 6 vs Mtl: 15,820
Sat, Dec 8 vs Pit: 15,795
Sun, Dec 9 vs Bos: 13,148
Mon, Dec 17 vs Nsh: 14,492
Sat, Dec 22 vs Wsh: 15,605
Sat, Dec 29 vs Wsh: 16,808
Wed, Jan 2 vs Van: 16,358
Sat, Jan 5 vs Min: 14,124 *matinee*
Sun, Jan 6 vs Car: 12,924 *matinee*
Wed, Jan 16 vs Col: 14,468

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So I had picked 4 tickets to the Coyotes game on Tuesday at the beginning of the season hoping that it would be the least attended Sens game of all time.

Now the Sens announce that all kids get in free on Tuesday.

Way to ruin my night!

I kinda like that. Not your night being ruined, but letting kids in free.

This franchise has absolutely sucked over the past decade when it comes to winning over the kids. That's definitely something that needs to change. Do whatever it takes to wow the kids and get the next generation excited about Sens hockey.

Reactions: coladin

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Get out! Kids are all free for Arizona? :eek:

Some of you are commenting on the CTC temps....Is it still an ice box when you walk in the east gate to the building? I remember long ago it used to be well heated and a warm relief after walking through the fields of Stittsville. More recently, it was void of heat (perhaps to save money, or some smoking deterrent in some regard, I don't know)....

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I kinda like that. Not your night being ruined, but letting kids in free.

This franchise has absolutely sucked over the past decade when it comes to winning over the kids. That's definitely something that needs to change. Do whatever it takes to wow the kids and get the next generation excited about Sens hockey.
They just need to be warned to not get attached to any player; we're just drafting and developing them so they can help some other team win a championship.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
they are letting kids go free? jeez that sounds pretty desperate to try and get people to the games

Smart marketing strategy, Parent(s) must buy ticket(s) if they're taking their children to the game for free ....... plus parking, concessions etc

Better than having unsold seats, parking spots, beers, hot dogs etc

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Smart marketing strategy, Parent(s) must buy ticket(s) if they're taking their children to the game for free ....... plus parking, concessions etc

lol you know what a smart marketing strategy is? Don't piss your fan base off and build a winner.

Reactions: otown

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It was announced at the game. If you go on ticket master you can get (I think up to 4 tickets for kids under the age of 12) with the purchase of a ticket. I wonder if they'll be checking kids ID's

I had soccer so I had to give my tickets to the in-laws for last night's game.

I think every time I give my tickets away, the Senators win.

So, that's a quandary.

Reactions: coladin

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Smart... or desperate? It's a slippery slope.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Thu, Oct 4 vs Chi: 15,858
Wed, Oct 10 vs Phi: 13,215
Sat, Oct 13 vs L.A.: 15,355 *matinee*
Mon, Oct 15 vs Dal: 12,358
Sat, Oct 20 vs Mtl: 18,442 -> SEASON HIGH
Tue, Oct 23 vs Bos: 15,265
Thu, Nov 1 vs Buf: 12,587
Sun, Nov 4 vs T.B.: 11,364
Tue, Nov 6 vs N.J.: 12,491
Thu, Nov 8 vs VGK: 15,213
Thu, Nov 15 vs Det: 13,402
Sat, Nov 17 vs Pit: 17,692
Mon, Nov 19 vs Fla: 11,570
Thu, Nov 29 vs NYR: 10,921 -> SEASON LOW
Sat, Dec 1 vs S.J.: 17,531 *matinee*
Thu, Dec 6 vs Mtl: 15,820
Sat, Dec 8 vs Pit: 15,795
Sun, Dec 9 vs Bos: 13,148
Mon, Dec 17 vs Nsh: 14,492
Sat, Dec 22 vs Wsh: 15,605
Sat, Dec 29 vs Wsh: 16,808
Wed, Jan 2 vs Van: 16,358
Sat, Jan 5 vs Min: 14,124 *matinee*
Sun, Jan 6 vs Car: 12,924 *matinee*
Wed, Jan 16 vs Col: 14,468
Tue, Jan 22 vs Ari: 12,236

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I know its anecdotal but two of my friends (via their parents’ work) each got given really good seats to tonights game. One got a pair in the Lexus Lounge, front row directly behind Anderson. The other got 3rd or 4th row behind the benches right beside the Sens’ tunnel.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Upper decks were empty as hell tonight. Didn't seem like there were more kids than usual despite it being a ticket giveaway to them?

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Hey kids! Come out and see our 5 good players lose to a bottom feeder, before we lose 40-60% of them at the deadline for questionable talent! Remember, out of it by the end of January could be the closest we get to the playoffs before deep into your teen years!!

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
12k... I got free tickets to the Canes matinee game and the rink looked to have a lot more people than what I saw in tv last night.

They really are incompetent there, you don’t do a free ticket promo for kids on a School Night... most parents don’t take their kids to a hockey game that means they won’t get home until 10:30-11pm. Especially not this embarrassment of a team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Imagine paying to go to that game in -20 when the sens gave all those free tickets away and Boucher sabotages the team and they lose to Arizona..... Yikes.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Feel bad for anyone locked into a season seat package at this point, I couldn't sleep at night knowing my money was contributing to this "show".

Curious to see how the renewal drive goes this year after they have so recently broken so many of their promises yet again and are seemingly poised to officially declare feeder team status for the future...add in if they do a UFA freebie giveaway which will still be fresh in everyone's mind and they wouldn't have a generational HoFer to trick the fanbase into thinking they may re-sign this time around. Why would anyone purchase season seats for this team under Eugene?

Sure there will still be a few sheep who buy everything sold to them hook line and sinker as they are not free thinkers however I have spoken to a number of folks recently who renewed this past season with optimism who now massively regretted it and do not plan to continue under current ownership.

Reactions: Yak

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
12k... I got free tickets to the Canes matinee game and the rink looked to have a lot more people than what I saw in tv last night.

They really are incompetent there, you don’t do a free ticket promo for kids on a School Night... most parents don’t take their kids to a hockey game that means they won’t get home until 10:30-11pm. Especially not this embarrassment of a team.
As I mentioned there didn't seem to be many more kids than usual at the rink last night.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I was at the game. Looked like 10k attendence. Lower bowl had a lot less than usual (which is nothing spectacular either on most nights)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Feel bad for anyone locked into a season seat package at this point, I couldn't sleep at night knowing my money was contributing to this "show".

Curious to see how the renewal drive goes this year after they have so recently broken so many of their promises yet again and are seemingly poised to officially declare feeder team status for the future...add in if they do a UFA freebie giveaway which will still be fresh in everyone's mind and they wouldn't have a generational HoFer to trick the fanbase into thinking they may re-sign this time around. Why would anyone purchase season seats for this team under Eugene?

Sure there will still be a few sheep who buy everything sold to them hook line and sinker as they are not free thinkers however I have spoken to a number of folks recently who renewed this past season with optimism who now massively regretted it and do not plan to continue under current ownership.

You are funny.

Don't feel bad for those who go.

People who go are not sheep.

You all can stay home, that is your right. Don't tell people how they should act and how to be a fan, right? You can enjoy staying home. I know I like going and my son loves going, even if he yells and gets mad. It is called passion.

If you want to watch NHL hockey, there is place where people can go and do that. No one is forcing you to go, so stay home and complain. It's cool, really. Just don't criticize those who go.

Reactions: Yak

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
You are funny.

Don't feel bad for those who go.

People who go are not sheep.

You all can stay home, that is your right. Don't tell people how they should act and how to be a fan, right? You can enjoy staying home. I know I like going and my son loves going, even if he yells and gets mad. It is called passion.

If you want to watch NHL hockey, there is place where people can go and do that. No one is forcing you to go, so stay home and complain. It's cool, really. Just don't criticize those who go.

You are a hypocrite, remember when you told everybody it's the fans fault Karlsson had to go because poor Eugene can't afford it.
The market does not make it viable for the owner and so on...
If the options are this shitshow and relocation, that's fine...than the franchise should relocate and people like you should go with them.

Reactions: Rand0m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad