Sens attendance tracker

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
You are funny.

Don't feel bad for those who go.

People who go are not sheep.

You all can stay home, that is your right. Don't tell people how they should act and how to be a fan, right? You can enjoy staying home. I know I like going and my son loves going, even if he yells and gets mad. It is called passion.

If you want to watch NHL hockey, there is place where people can go and do that. No one is forcing you to go, so stay home and complain. It's cool, really. Just don't criticize those who go.

No need to take my opinion so personally, I do feel bad for those that go and waste away their money on such poor entertainment in comparison, where did I instruct anyone to do anything?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You are a hypocrite, remember when you told everybody it's the fans fault Karlsson had to go because poor Eugene can't afford it.
The market does not make it viable for the owner and so on...
If the options are this ****show and relocation, that's fine...than the franchise should relocate and people like you should go with them.

Yeah, i absolutely remember that.

I have chosen to stay away from those types of comments. 2019 is a new year. Whether that is what i believe or not, this forum is not the place where that opinion is tolerated, so I t isn't like I don't believe that, I choose not to voice opinions that people clearly cannot handle.

So, you can go ahead an name call all you want, sonny, but I am not going to turn this place into the circus it was last year. But, it should go both ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
No need to take my opinion so personally, I do feel bad for those that go and waste away their money on such poor entertainment in comparison, where did I instruct anyone to do anything?

Again, you don't have to feel "bad". Don't shed a tear. It was my free choice to go or not. I am a big boy and can live with that. Fact of the matter is, more often than not, the team wins when i go. The team generally plays well at home. Now, if I followed the team on the road, you may very well have a point.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Again, you don't have to feel "bad". Don't shed a tear. It was my free choice to go or not. I am a big boy and can live with that. Fact of the matter is, more often than not, the team wins when i go. The team generally plays well at home. Now, if I followed the team on the road, you may very well have a point.

Well my initial claim was directed at season seat holders which I assume you are not at least over the last 2 seasons due to your claim that "more often than not, the team wins when i go", I feel bad for those season seat holders that are locked in who were lied too that don't currently support the owner, that work for you?

Glad you had fun last night, it was a terrible terrible hockey game in my opinion, I hit the outdoor rink instead with the fellas, then ripped through the game on pvr when I got home.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
Yeah, i absolutely remember that.

I have chosen to stay away from those types of comments. 2019 is a new year. Whether that is what i believe or not, this forum is not the place where that opinion is tolerated, so I t isn't like I don't believe that, I choose not to voice opinions that people clearly cannot handle.

So, you can go ahead an mane call all you want, sonny, but I am not going to turn this place into the circus it was last year. But, it should go both ways.

Sure buddy, you stay away from those comments...however, in the post I quoted you belittle another user who doesn't share your opinion. Again, you are a hypocrite...and are clearly not able to handle other peoples views.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
@coladin, I appreciate your new approach this year and support it.

NHL hockey is entertainment, and you and your family seem to be able to block out what is essentially noise, and enjoy what is generally an exciting young team. It certainly looks like you’re not alone in this when the camera shows the crowd at home games.

People who choose to be upset about a thing so often have a really hard time ‘being around’ people who choose to enjoy the thing for its merits. It’s an unfortunate truth, but in the end just more noise to be tuned out.

You’re not alone, just in the minority amongst the few dozen active posters in here is all.

Cheers!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Really surprised with how empty the rink looked given the promos going on. I mean, there was a reason this game was targeted for those promos in the first place, but I figured "kids go free" was enough incentive to get a few extra thousand fans out.

Should be interesting to see what the organization ends up doing for the February 12th game against the 'Canes. You'd think there's more promos on the way.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Well my initial claim was directed at season seat holders which I assume you are not at least over the last 2 seasons due to your claim that "more often than not, the team wins when i go", I feel bad for those season seat holders that are locked in who were lied too that don't currently support the owner, that work for you?

Glad you had fun last night, it was a terrible terrible hockey game in my opinion, I hit the outdoor rink instead with the fellas, then ripped through the game on pvr when I got home.
I didn't go last night, and have had a half season for 22 years . Not in my package.

I already have stated last year was a disaster, and this year it has been better. On home ice at least. I don't support the owner, I go and cheer for the players. I would love to have anew owner, but I am able to separate my disdain for the owner with my loyalty to the boys who pull on the Sens sweater and play for us. But that's just me. People are free to do as they please.

Glad you enjoyed the ODR, cheers

Reactions: Upgrayedd

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Sure buddy, you stay away from those comments...however, in the post I quoted you belittle another user who doesn't share your opinion. Again, you are a hypocrite...and are clearly not able to handle other peoples views.
I can actually handle people's views fine. Didn't realize I was the only one here who has belittled anyone lol. One doesn't need to look too far into your posting history to see that. But I do have this ability to change my behavior, and make the forum a better experience for one and all. You should try that sometime.

Or you just stick to name calling.

Reactions: FlapJackKing

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
@coladin, I appreciate your new approach this year and support it.

NHL hockey is entertainment, and you and your family seem to be able to block out what is essentially noise, and enjoy what is generally an exciting young team. It certainly looks like you’re not alone in this when the camera shows the crowd at home games.

People who choose to be upset about a thing so often have a really hard time ‘being around’ people who choose to enjoy the thing for its merits. It’s an unfortunate truth, but in the end just more noise to be tuned out.

You’re not alone, just in the minority amongst the few dozen active posters in here is all.

Cheers!

Thanks buddy, life is short and too angry last year around here . There is no good that comes out of it, right?

Reactions: Ice-Tray

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
I can actually handle people's views fine. Didn't realize I was the only one here who has belittled anyone lol. One doesn't need to look too far into your posting history to see that. But I do have this ability to change my behavior, and make the forum a better experience for one and all. You should try that sometime.

Or you just stick to name calling.

Not in the slightest different to you, but you are deciding when it's the time to do what...gotcha!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
You are a hypocrite, remember when you told everybody it's the fans fault Karlsson had to go because poor Eugene can't afford it.
The market does not make it viable for the owner and so on...
If the options are this ****show and relocation, that's fine...than the franchise should relocate and people like you should go with them.

This feel like it's crossing a line. Telling people to GTFO because they buy tickets to games? Kind of a dick thing to say, if you ask me.

Do you feel better about yourself after posting stuff like this?

You need to remove the angst from your life. Maybe try new underwear or something.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This feel like it's crossing a line. Telling people to GTFO because they buy tickets to games? Kind of a dick thing to say, if you ask me.

Do you feel better about yourself after posting stuff like this?

You need to remove the angst from your life. Maybe try new underwear or something.

Less snug ones maybe! :laugh:

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
What do you think the average would be with Karlsson still here, but the team down in the standings?

I think if Karlsson returned, we would have been a better team, which would have impacted attendance. But if we weren't, and unsigned Karlsson probably would not have had a massive impact. I think it would have been better than it is, but the questions around direction, investment in winning, etc would have still existed.

If Karlsson had been signed, though, I think that would have been big in reinvigorating the fanbase.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think if Karlsson returned, we would have been a better team, which would have impacted attendance. But if we weren't, and unsigned Karlsson probably would not have had a massive impact. I think it would have been better than it is, but the questions around direction, investment in winning, etc would have still existed.

If Karlsson had been signed, though, I think that would have been big in reinvigorating the fanbase.
I think the attendance would be similar, but paid attendance! Legit attendance

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
No, but still not in a playoff spot, but closer. Maybe around 48pts

Assuming they'd be in the same range as the Hurricanes I think they team could continue to push the "we're in a playoff hunt" narrative to try and sell tickets. Success sells tickets in this (most? all?) markets, so you'd have to at least assume attendance would be up. How much higher I'm not sure. I tend to agree with DaveMatthew's analysis though.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Thu, Oct 4 vs Chi: 15,858
Wed, Oct 10 vs Phi: 13,215
Sat, Oct 13 vs L.A.: 15,355 *matinee*
Mon, Oct 15 vs Dal: 12,358
Sat, Oct 20 vs Mtl: 18,442 -> SEASON HIGH
Tue, Oct 23 vs Bos: 15,265
Thu, Nov 1 vs Buf: 12,587
Sun, Nov 4 vs T.B.: 11,364
Tue, Nov 6 vs N.J.: 12,491