GDT: Sens at B's 1 PM Dec 13, 2014

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Just to be clear, I am not thinking Chara is dead weight. A major decision needs to be made. Make a bold move to try and improve the team or stock up on good draft picks and move on.

iGetCarried*

I'm thinking Cid might like Rask if he wins a hockey fight :laugh:

Time for a shake up. What does this team have to lose with the way this season is going

Knowing Chia, we could lose a lot :naughty:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I would give Kelly back to Ottawa for nothing in return just to free up the cap space.

No one wants him. If Chia had the balls he would place him on waivers and cut bait, the Habs did it with Bourque, and he actually has some talent. But we all know that management and Julien love Kelly, hell, he has 1 point in his last 19 games, what's not to like. I would never criticize Kelly's effort, he really does compete hard, but the guy is toast, the injuries have caught up to him.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
The obvious answer is that we need a finisher / actual goal scorer. Not so obvious is how that will happen... if at all.
I do know that we won't get a good scorer without giving up something significant in return so what should Chiarelli do ? I am sure he is trying but really, does he make a bold move or does he say to hell with it and move some pieces for picks ?
Without a significant upgrade in scoring we are going nowhere and the cap is only projected to go up $ 4 million which won't even allow us to keep all that we currently have let alone add so I hope he just dumps some dead weight for picks. The window for Chara to win another cup here is gone. Trade him while you can for his sake and ours.:(

Best goal scorer in league was traded away. Fastest player/playmaker was demoted. Offence-challenged system hockey coach signed up for three more. GM desk is where the fail buck stops.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm going to the game against Nashville on Tuesday. Going to wear my Bergeron jersey, hope he'll be able to play. At least I can be proud of the name on the back, if the symbol on the front is a little embarrassing at the moment. Hope they don't get blown out. At least Nashville has decent fans.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Tuuk is statistically having a down season. But I don't know how much I can hold against him when the Dcore infront of him has to be the worst he's experienced at the NHL level.

Going from

Chara-Boychuck
Siedenberg-Hamilton
Mcquaid-Krug

to

Hamilton and some amalgamation of injured chara, siedenberg, krug and a pile of AHLers is quite the adjustment.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
I can understand why Chia waits. How does he know yet if he should be buying or selling?

Very good point. Also of note, all of his trade bait are at all time lows when it comes to trade value right now.

Making rushed decisions like he has in the past could make this team even worse if that's even possible.

First things first get Krejci back and then judge. Get Trotman and Fraser and Griffith off the ice. Morrow or Bart should be in there, Cunningham stays and seriously what is wrong at this point trying Spooner and Koko on a 4th line for 5 mins a game!? Sit Campbell and Gagne as well.

Roll 3 lines and end this 4 line nonsense.

If they are still out of the playoff picture come Feb it's time to blow things up.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Tuuk is statistically having a down season. But I don't know how much I can hold against him when the Dcore infront of him has to be the worst he's experienced at the NHL level.

Going from

Chara-Boychuck
Siedenberg-Hamilton
Mcquaid-Krug

to

Hamilton and some amalgamation of injured chara, siedenberg, krug and a pile of AHLers is quite the adjustment.

Don't bring logic into this!

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Best goal scorer in league was traded away. Fastest player/playmaker was demoted. Offence-challenged system hockey coach signed up for three more. GM desk is where the fail buck stops.

Very sad state of affairs indeed. Chiarelli wants to add heaviness. Any heavier and we will sink. More bad moves than good. How much more must we endure ?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Forget the system, the coach, the GM, the Cap, the injuries, the refs.

Right now these players are bad at hockey.

Did they reach double figures in icings today? (I counted at least 8)

Marchand hits the dman in the boot with the goalie out of the net.

Paille rings the post with half a net to shoot at.

3 on 1 with no shot (2nd games in a row).

Chara shouldn't even be playing.

They don't miss passes by even a foot, closer to 10 feet.

Now seems to be a good time to panic because these guys are really stinking it up.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
The issue is not the players, the issue is behind the bench. Too much focus on "defensive coverage". I think it was early in the third tonight that Louie had the puck behind the net all alone. The sens backed off to give him that space, and the third man up high cycled to the wall instead of to the net. That's coaching, and that is how you lose out on scoring. The game has changed, Claude has not. This league is about scoring on the rush, not off of tips from the d-men. Get rid of Claude and suddenly this team might begin to think about scoring.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Very sad state of affairs indeed. Chiarelli wants to add heaviness. Any heavier and we will sink. More bad moves than good. How much more must we endure ?

Based in the way GM's move in Bruins and the fact he "won" a cup, I would say 6.4 billion years.

I hope Chara asks to be traded.

Probably has to much class, but this team is not winning jack, let alone squat.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
The issue is not the players, the issue is behind the bench. Too much focus on "defensive coverage". I think it was early in the third tonight that Louie had the puck behind the net all alone. The sens backed off to give him that space, and the third man up high cycled to the wall instead of to the net. That's coaching, and that is how you lose out on scoring. The game has changed, Claude has not. This league is about scoring on the rush, not off of tips from the d-men. Get rid of Claude and suddenly this team might begin to think about scoring.

What's the matter? I thought the play where Trotman dumped it in and iced it from the center line with noone around him was an awesome set play. CJ has this team firing on all cylinders.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Cunningham had a great game, as did Krug. :yo:

Those two and the Bergeron line.
The rest of the team were terrible again.
Soderberg/ Fraser/ Kelly/ and Chara need double runners instead of single blade skates since they make Hartnell down look like the toughest player ever to knock down.
Seriously is this the softest B's team you can recall.
Chara should still be rehabbing until he can skate and anyone not on the Bergy line , Rask, or Hamilton should be trade fodder. Watching 4 more years of Julien hockey may just drive me to going to junior hockey and give up NHL all together. At least until they get a coach that can teach them what they are doing wrong and correct it.
Duffy in Mineville

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod

I remember the play, it was Griffith who took the puck out of a high scoring % area by banking the puck off the wall back to the pointman who was covered.

When you see a young player do that, its coaching IMO. This team just slaps the puck around the boards in the ozone with no offensive creativity.

Say what you will about Loui but at least he and Carl have some swedish creativity to their game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad